Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Genesis NOT posing well - very STIFF!
Posted: 24 June 2014 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5925
Joined  2006-02-20

Hair ... it’s not only clothes, it’s hair too - turn the collision off for the hair.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 24 June 2014 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2012-06-28

on Genesis try to use “LIMIT OFF” before apply new pose!

many part of original Genesis are “limit on” and pose does not work “wysiwyg”

Posted: 24 June 2014 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07
Jaderail - 23 June 2014 10:43 PM

................... DAZ Studio does have the Clear Memory Utility Script, it will clean all unused files from Ram for you if that is the issue. .......

Where is that and how do I go about doing that? Last night I installed and ran Advanced System Care Pro on my computer. Hope to c lean up and clear any problems. It found quite a bit - computer is running nice - but - Genesis - is still being a SNOT! Bad boy, LOL - I cannot wait to be DONE with this package.

Two more poses for the couple to go! Then I’m done using Genesis for a while. And I LOVE Genesis - this is the FIRST time I’ve had this problem using it. Has me truly baffled.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 24 June 2014 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07
Kerya - 24 June 2014 12:17 AM

Hair ... it’s not only clothes, it’s hair too - turn the collision off for the hair.

Will give this a go as well, thank you!

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 24 June 2014 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07
cm152335 - 24 June 2014 07:33 AM

on Genesis try to use “LIMIT OFF” before apply new pose!

many part of original Genesis are “limit on” and pose does not work “wysiwyg”

Not using poses, I’m doing them all myself. I should do a pose package - but there are soooo many out, it’s put me off the idea. But for the sake of process of elimination - I’ll look and do that as well.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 24 June 2014 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t know if someone mentioned , but make sure your graphic card is set on Performance and not quality under the options in Daz Studio
it will improve , the viewport response to the quality of your graphic card and VRAM ..not RAM , and if the GPU is not fast you will get slow movements when posing..  when you change to performance the textures may be not as good looking in the preview but you will get rid of the delay for sure .. I have a very good new graphic card and still use settings for Performance for easy work out smile

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 25 June 2014 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07
Mec4D - 24 June 2014 10:12 PM

I don’t know if someone mentioned , but make sure your graphic card is set on Performance and not quality under the options in Daz Studio
it will improve , the viewport response to the quality of your graphic card and VRAM ..not RAM , and if the GPU is not fast you will get slow movements when posing..  when you change to performance the textures may be not as good looking in the preview but you will get rid of the delay for sure .. I have a very good new graphic card and still use settings for Performance for easy work out smile

I will give this a try right now. Thanx - I sooo hope this does it.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 25 June 2014 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07

*Sigh*  -  shut eye Nope - didn’t work either. I cannot believe this. I have never had a problem with Genesis like this. All the others pose fine - I’m at a loss. One more pose set and I’m DONE! I cannot wait. But I still have to figure this out, because I’ve invested a great deal in Genesis - and I have every intention of using it again - but not before I crack this issue.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 25 June 2014 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07

I’m on the last pose - and suddenly, it’s working as it should. ??? I’m like - what? All of a sudden, posing is easy again. I am totally baffled about the whole thing.

I just hope it continues, because I don’t know which of the things I tried finally worked or kicked in.

Hmmm - this remains a mystery.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 25 June 2014 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2900
Joined  2009-02-24

Generally, if it’s slow to pose it’s caused by the interactive update being active on collisions. That basically means that every time you nudge Genesis or move its limbs, Daz recalculates the collisions frame by frame. I have yet to figure out why this is even an option, since waiting until its at the pose you want and working out the collisions is basically no different.

Check that none of Genesis’ clothing has the interactive update enabled. That includes any footwear.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

2 of 2