Posted: 19 June 2014 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2011-04-19
LaurieS - 19 June 2014 01:11 AM
Alethas Fantasy - 19 June 2014 01:04 AM

I’m Confused I am paid up tell: Expiration Date:December 03, 2015

Don’t like changes if I lose benefits.

Can we get out of being a Platinum member at all & get our money back from paying up tell December 03, 2015 since Daz change the game?

If we move up, I have to pay again & lose my other money I paid?

I am trying to weigh it all out, got blind sided by Daz here. lol  

So many Que. & No right anc. to my concern. :(

DAZ have not changed the game.. This is a beta program that you can join until the end of July or not join, you do not have to pay to opt in. If you opt in you will get the new prices on PC items, but you will also get the new benefits.. if you choose not to opt in then nothing will change for you.

So since I’m paid up tell December 03, 2015, if I get in it want cost me any thing else right?

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2003-10-09

So since I’m paid up tell December 03, 2015, if I get in it want cost me any thing else right?

Right wink

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2011-04-19
LaurieS - 19 June 2014 01:15 AM

Right wink

Thanks for explaining the Money end of it, ya know Money talks & Bull - just go home. lol wink

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3426
Joined  2007-06-22
Jack Tomalin - 19 June 2014 01:03 AM
scorpio64dragon - 19 June 2014 12:49 AM

I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

The issue that we have with the current model is that a fixed price of a 1.99 doesn’t really make sense.  Why should an environment be the same price as a pose pack, when one costs more to produce than the other?

Furthermore, not all environments are the same, same are a lot smaller.. some are a lot bigger. Should they be the same price?  The % does allow the base prices to be adjusted to more accurately reflect each products size and contents - and as continue to offer all items at a deep discount.

That exactly, prices can be ‘adjusted’ at any time, you could take out a years membership and to start with pay only £3 on average for a PC item, but in a few months if the base prices increase you could be paying up to $5-7 and that can continue to increase with out there being anything members can do.
Personally I would just like to see an increase in the price of PC items, I realise that some things are not equal but isn’t that part the point of the club thing.
Why even bother with a Membership if at some point the sales will mean you can get this stuff cheap any way.

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4289
Joined  0
scorpio64dragon - 19 June 2014 01:21 AM
Jack Tomalin - 19 June 2014 01:03 AM
scorpio64dragon - 19 June 2014 12:49 AM

I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

The issue that we have with the current model is that a fixed price of a 1.99 doesn’t really make sense.  Why should an environment be the same price as a pose pack, when one costs more to produce than the other?

Furthermore, not all environments are the same, same are a lot smaller.. some are a lot bigger. Should they be the same price?  The % does allow the base prices to be adjusted to more accurately reflect each products size and contents - and as continue to offer all items at a deep discount.

That exactly, prices can be ‘adjusted’ at any time, you could take out a years membership and to start with pay only £3 on average for a PC item, but in a few months if the base prices increase you could be paying up to $5-7 and that can continue to increase with out there being anything members can do.
Personally I would just like to see an increase in the price of PC items, I realise that some things are not equal but isn’t that part the point of the club thing.
Why even bother with a Membership if at some point the sales will mean you can get this stuff cheap any way.

It’s taken over 10 years to get this far, so I don’t see anything increasing that rapidly over that short amount of time smile

With regards as to why bother getting a membership, just look at the new benefits as part of the PC+.

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  2012-02-04

Just a quick question.
I forget, how long is something considered new?  wink

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Ippotamus - 19 June 2014 01:37 AM

Just a quick question.
I forget, how long is something considered new?  wink

60 days smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6575
Joined  2006-02-20

Could somebody help me with the math?
As I read it, I have to pay 70$ for my PC membership (yes, I am and will stay yearly) - and then, to get the PLUS (which will cost me more on PC items) I have to pay another 70$?

Upsides like having to buy 18$ worth of items and be able to use my 6$ coupon and being able to use said coupon on older PC items (which will be much higher in price) ...

Or I just stand still and don’t move a finger to click anywhere and I will still have 1.99$ PC items?

Uuuuuhm ...
I really have to think!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Kerya - 19 June 2014 01:50 AM

As I read it, I have to pay 70$ for my PC membership (yes, I am and will stay yearly) - and then, to get the PLUS (which will cost me more on PC items) I have to pay another 70$?

Upsides like having to buy 18$ worth of items and be able to use my 6$ coupon and being able to use said coupon on older PC items (which will be much higher in price) ...

Or I just stand still and don’t move a finger to click anywhere and I will still have 1.99$ PC items?

Uuuuuhm ...
I really have to think!

No, the beta you can opt-in to now without costing you any additional money.  But yes, if you chose not to opt-in, you remain a regular PC member.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  2012-02-04

Uuuuuhm ...
I really have to think!

Oof, I forgot that the “old” pc items wouldn’t be $1.99 anymore for the “new” coupon.
I think I’ve reached my math limit for one night.  smile

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  463
Joined  2006-09-01

I’m not sure if this is a good idea or not because it seems so complicated.  I’ve sometimes barely been able to understand some of the recent sale criteria and this PC+ thing sounds like it will make it even more difficult to figure out discounts.  I often buy PC items just because they’re £1.99 not because I really need them - push the price up to $3.50+ and I won’t be doing that any longer.  Will that benefit DAZ?  Maybe/maybe not but eventually I’ll visit less because the prices have gone up and impulse buying isn’t worthwhile.  For example, I’m a member of another site who charge $3.50 for their club items - I have loads of them in my wishlist but never buy them unless I really need to.  No impulse buying at $3.50 because it soon adds up when a lot of items at this price are added to the cart.  So PC+ might be worthwhile but atm it’s very difficult for me to work out the long term benefits.

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2003-10-09

Should

“100% Off Dark Sisterhood OR Gated Courtyard”

and the other Countdown 2 Summer rewards still work
after switching to PC + ???

Signature 

=================================================
AMD® FX-8320 (8x 3,5 GHz) Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 8 GB Ram
GTX 670 - 2GB, Win8 64-bit
C4D Studio15
Vue Infinite 11.5
Ds Pro 4.6 + Beta Win 64
Octane Render Standalone V1.20 + DS Plugin: Current, Beta & Alpha
PP2014 SR 2.2 (10.0.2.25578)

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2007-05-26

I have the same experience as SuperDog. I buy nearly all the $1.99 products in the DAZ club… but in the club with the $3.50 more like 20% of them.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  580
Joined  2003-10-09

There are TWO $6 coupons in the beta.
One is for DAZ Originals and now also PC items, no minimum (I think?)
Second is for DOs, PC items and PA items, $18 minimum.
(not to mention the 30% discounts on DOs and weekly scheduled PAs)

PAs are taking our share of hit on this second coupon. Survey says this is what majority PC members wanted so quite a few PAs are going to trial the beta period in the hopes it increase sales # enough to more than make up for the lower prices ... win for PC members and win for us PAs.

Signature 

Brevity is the soul of wit.
[ My DAZ3d Store | AprilsVanity.com | AprilYSH.3d on facebook ]

Posted: 19 June 2014 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  463
Joined  2006-09-01
Ippotamus - 19 June 2014 02:09 AM

Uuuuuhm ...
I really have to think!

Oof, I forgot that the “old” pc items wouldn’t be $1.99 anymore for the “new” coupon.
I think I’ve reached my math limit for one night.  smile

I don’t think we (PC members) have to pay more to become a PC+ member.  It’s my understanding that PC+ may replace PC if the trial is popular.  Getting a $6 coupon to buy $18 of products that each used to cost $1.99 but now cost $3.50+ isn’t very appealing.  Even if this does include a few PA back catalogues at full price.  I assume (could be wrong) PA back catalogues won’t be on sale when they qualify for PC+ so probably no extra discount when using the $6-$18 voucher.  I’m predicting the need to read more restriction clauses.

2 of 93