Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Latest Render vs Depth of Field
Posted: 18 July 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2010-09-24

Wow: thanks for that. I sincerely mean it.

I’d been making sure the characters were sandwiched, so I thought maybe the file. So I made a new random thing, did your settings as you have here for good measure and got the following attached. (sigh)

I’m also suddenly having trouble with DAZ itself. It won’t let me select in the view or right click for settings. I’m going to reboot and I hope not have to reinstall but it has taken me weeks to get my library functional and I don’t wanna do it again. Cry.

Image Attachments
settings.jpg

Posted: 18 July 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Let me hunt some more help, you seem to have a problem I’ve not seen before. It might be tomorrow before I get a responce but I do want to help solve the issue you seem to have.

EDIT: Please post your PC type (PC or Mac) your operating OS (XP, Lion or Win7) and main info like Ram and graphic card type and if you are 32 bit or 64 bit.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 July 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Hehehe, good luck. Folks around me know me as the person who can’t get Daz 4’s content to even show much less be in an interface that made sense - and no one could figure it out. I just uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ and still can’t select objects in the view or do anything really. I’m ready to hit the panic button. I use 3 to make money and it’s kind of my only income.

Posted: 19 July 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

That’s all the more resaon to get you working at 100% dont you think? I’m loging out in about 2 min’s, but really. I have DS3 and DS4Pro both running and I have ALL my content in DS4 and all my none Genesis stuff in DS3. I know it can be done. If I can do it you can, I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 19 July 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Yes: sorry! Am going in circles over here. LOL.

I’m running windows 7 and the programs are all 32 bit, even though the computer is 64 bit.
I can’t remember the RAM, because some of it burned out and I don’t nkow what’s left. Same goes with the card. I also don’t know how to figure all that out, but I can tell yo umy puter isn’t the gleamiest thing on the block.

As for 4: I’m installing it now to see if it will do a DOF. But as far as fighting the content goes: just like with the DOF, I did tutorial after tutorial and couldn’t get GENESIS to show up. Installing metacontent for thousands of files? Yeah. No. I literally do not have the time. See, I’m fighting to pay the bills for my apartment and our house up north on just my art. My husband is a lowly soldier who just hurt his legs, so now the pressure’s on me even MORE.

I also HATE HATE HATE the 4 interface. With a passion. I’ve never hated an interface as much as 4’s. I did briefly see if people had hacked 4 to make it look and behave more like 3, but instead I found out I wasn’t alone. LOL

So that aside: I’m at a loss on how to get the info to you. I don’t know why DAZ is suddenly doing this to me except somebody in heaven hates me. Heh. If a reinstall doesn’t work - and I reset everyting to default too - I don’t know what else to do. But will know in a bit if 4 can do the DOF. Then I’m going to bed, dang it.

Thank you for all your help. If I can get the system info tomorrow I’ll post it.

Posted: 19 July 2012 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Installed, still no DOF.

Posted: 19 July 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8306
Joined  2009-05-14

The only thing I can ask is what camera are you rendering with?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 19 July 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  0

From the screen shots, it looks like you’re using the default camera to render with.

I seem to remember that there was a known bug with DS3 that DoF didn’t work on one of the scene cameras, and I think it was the default camera - you need to create a new camera and use that (you should be able to copy/paste the settings from the default one into the new one).

I may be wrong as I haven’t used DS3 for a while, but it’s worth a try.

Posted: 19 July 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
czexana - 19 July 2012 08:41 AM

From the screen shots, it looks like you’re using the default camera to render with.

I seem to remember that there was a known bug with DS3 that DoF didn’t work on one of the scene cameras, and I think it was the default camera - you need to create a new camera and use that (you should be able to copy/paste the settings from the default one into the new one).

I may be wrong as I haven’t used DS3 for a while, but it’s worth a try.

Nope, I did my example with the Default Camera. I’m really lost as to what could be going on. Under your Help Menu in DS3 you should have About Your Video Card that will give some info. But you are correct often it is best to create a new Render camera for your DOF settings.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Hey everyone: thank you so much for chipping in.

Yes, I have been using the default camera. Czexana, I did think about that as a possible issue so I tried one render with the new camera I used to see the sky with and still didn’t get it. I also tried my final render in DS4: still no DOF. I’m back to wondering if perhaps I’m missing some plugin: like Reality, which I’ve heard of but no clue if I have it in there.

Jaderail: I’m going to look into the video card information when I can. Won’t be tonight alas.  AT least this isn’t stopping me from getting something for someone else done, right? I can tweak them in Paintshop and Photoshop… I just wanted to do a better render is all. *shuffles feet,kicks a stray rock*

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Just for your info No plugin is needed to get DOF in DS. It’s part of the Render engine. How deep are you setting your camera FOV? If you are setting your DOF at the END of your camera FOV that might be the issue. I noticed in your example your DOF was at the end of your Cameras FOV, In my example I extended my FOV well behind my model.

Signature 

2 of 2