Digital Art Zone

Saving Partial Poses for characters in DS4Pro?
Posted: 18 July 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

I have recently been creating some custom pose files for a project I’m attempting.  The project uses both Genesis and Gen4 figures.  If I want to save only a part of a pose (say, an arm, hand, upper/lower body pose) how would I do this for both types of figures?

Thanks

Posted: 18 July 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

File > Save As > Pose Preset

Deselect anything you don’t want included in the resulting popup window.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 18 July 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you! This is going to save me a lot of time and effort!  I really appreciate all the help you’ve given me over the past several weeks!

Posted: 18 July 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

It’s what we’re here for.  Glad to help. smile

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 18 July 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2794
Joined  2004-04-14

As an alternate option, you can use the Poser Format Exporter to save all the poses in the poser PZ2 format, even with Genesis.  Then to reapply afterwards either place them in with your Poser content library or just use the Import option to select the pz2 files from the hard drive.  From my own experiance I find this method a whole lot faster then trying to use the DS save as pose.  Btw, for either method, if you are going to save a partial pose, just select the body parts you want before you save the pose.

In my sig is a link to the tutorial “How to use the Poser Format Exporter”

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 18 July 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Techyman

If you’re looking to save poses for later use or for distribution, then Save As Pose Preset or PFE would be perfect, as mentioned above.

If you’re looking to temporarily save poses or partial to reapply to your figure in various combinations during a pose session, you could either use Puppeteer for whole poses, or PoseMaster for DAZ Studio (see link in my sig) for copying/pasting partial poses. It is possible to save your poses for both Puppeteer and PoseMaster for later use, but typically these two are used within a session.

Hope that helps.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.