After having done quite a bit of DS scripting in my time, I’d like to try a plugin SDK project. I’ve been through this forum and the old SDK forum archive and can’t find a simple explanation on getting started, specifically the questions below. FYI I’m a long-time C++ programmer and have used MSVS and Eclipse CDT on Windows only.
1. Can I use Eclipse CDT to build a DS plugin or is it limited to MSVS?
2. Given the DS user base I assume we’re expected to build 32b and 64b on Win and Mac? I assume the core code stays the same whereas the project configuration and binary compilation changes per architecture/platform.
3. What IDE do people build Mac versions in?
4. Where can I find a getting started guide or user manual - do I have to download/install RC4.5 SDK before I can read this?
5. Do I have to have DS4.5RC installed in order to use the 4.5 SDK? If the answer is yes, then can this run alongside DS4.0.37 ?