Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 20 June 2014 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2004-09-12
IamArtistX - 20 June 2014 11:48 AM

After seeing some of the images in this thread I was going to try and make something, but after the issues I have had with Carrara and some of the Genesis figures and clothing, crashing Carrara to the desktop, I am not as inspired as I once was, maybe I should stick to V4/M4 for characters in future

Here is old image i did using Luxus

Wow, That is amazingly cool and very inspiring results.  I’d love to see more and wish I could get those kind of results. =)

Posted: 20 June 2014 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2013-11-20

it was a simple scene, two area lights, two planes to reflect the light, and a plane for the back ground, most of which came from PhilW’s Luxus pack for Carrara :p

Image Attachments
bike_scene.jpg
 Signature 

Visit me @ http://www.artistxinc.com

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

Posted: 20 June 2014 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks for the tips.
This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time I used the Uzilite D 207 car model and some of your tips.

Image Attachments
car01_LUX.jpg

Posted: 20 June 2014 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-20

if you take a look here - http://www.artistxinc.com/gallery/index.php/LuxRender - you can see a few of the other images I tried Luxus out on smile

I did try a test using that same car, although I couldn’t get it to a point I liked so deleted it in the end

holly wetcircuit - 20 June 2014 12:21 PM
IamArtistX - 20 June 2014 11:48 AM

Here is old image i did using Luxus

That looks HOT! Would you write a LUXUS article for Cafe??? surprised

Or a TUTORIAL?

Would be a short tutorial/article - would be along the lines of,

How i get my results from Luxus - pure luck raspberry

Signature 

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

Posted: 20 June 2014 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
IamArtistX - 20 June 2014 05:00 PM

if you take a look here - http://www.artistxinc.com/gallery/index.php/LuxRender - you can see a few of the other images I tried Luxus out on smile

I did try a test using that same car, although I couldn’t get it to a point I liked so deleted it in the end

holly wetcircuit - 20 June 2014 12:21 PM

That looks HOT! Would you write a LUXUS article for Cafe??? surprised

Or a TUTORIAL?

Would be a short tutorial/article - would be along the lines of,

How i get my results from Luxus - pure luck raspberry

LOL

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 20 June 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

very cool stuff
I am a frustrated with my results on the car too.  I think I need to add something to reflect on it. More experiments are needed. =)

Posted: 20 June 2014 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5702
Joined  2006-08-27
joeping - 20 June 2014 05:12 PM

very cool stuff
I am a frustrated with my results on the car too.  I think I need to add something to reflect on it. More experiments are needed. =)

Does LUXUS allow you to use an HDRI and render the object out with an alpha channel so that you can hide the hdri if you want? Better yet, can you do as in Carrara and set the hdri in the scene’s Background slot, then add a color, color gradient or image to the Backdrop slot to hide the hdri if needed? Does LUXUS allow the use of shadow catchers?

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 20 June 2014 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2005-11-18

I’ve also been trying to get to grips with Luxus and Luxrender. Here’s a couple of my recent trys.

Image Attachments
Audrey-Web.jpgEve-Web.jpg
 Signature 

Galleries at Renderosity & Deviant Art

Posted: 20 June 2014 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12
Aquila77 - 20 June 2014 06:07 PM

I’ve also been trying to get to grips with Luxus and Luxrender. Here’s a couple of my recent trys.

Amazing work. The skin and tattoos look awesome.  And the clothes and light have a real nice feel to them.

Posted: 20 June 2014 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time I used the Uzilite D 207 car model. I tried an HDRI on a LUX infinite light and added a city block from Stonemasons Urban Sprawl 2.

I couldn’t resist adding a little smoke in Photoshop. =)

Click here to view the stereoscopic 3D version at 3dLive

Image Attachments
car02_LUX.jpg

Posted: 20 June 2014 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2005-11-18
joeping - 20 June 2014 06:44 PM
Aquila77 - 20 June 2014 06:07 PM

Amazing work. The skin and tattoos look awesome.  And the clothes and light have a real nice feel to them.

Thank you. Both these images were lit with a HDRI (Lux infinite) and a single mesh light.

Signature 

Galleries at Renderosity & Deviant Art

Posted: 21 June 2014 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-20

I did have plans to try a few Luxus skin test renders, but someone showed me the PS3 Game -  Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and I am hooked, so no renders from me for a bit :p - but don’t let that stop you making and showing off what you manage to do, and of course with full details of how you got them, more documentation the better, and if you could, make it really easy to understand, as I am a bit dim when it comes to such things raspberry

Signature 

Posted: 21 June 2014 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks for the feedback and tips.
This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time i tried some other skin and hair materials. Since I couldn’t get Fur to work with LUXUS for Carrara, this image is a combination of a LUXUS for Carrara’s render and Carrara’s default render.
Thanks for looking.

Click here to view the stereoscopic 3D version at 3dLive

Image Attachments
Shayana01_LUX.jpg

Posted: 22 June 2014 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5702
Joined  2006-08-27
joeping - 21 June 2014 11:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback and tips.
This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time i tried some other skin and hair materials. Since I couldn’t get Fur to work with LUXUS for Carrara, this image is a combination of a LUXUS for Carrara’s render and Carrara’s default render.
Thanks for looking.

Your render looks great as well as the skin tones, which makes me really reluctant to bring this up, but it’s just nagging at me.

The white woman looks cross-eyed to me, or at least like the left eye is aimed to far to the right. Sorry. It just jumps out me when I look at the picture.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

3 of 11