Digital Art Zone

2 of 11
LUXUS for Carrara question
Posted: 12 June 2014 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5690
Joined  2006-08-27

Hair and clouds are render time effects so I don’t think they’ll work for a third party renderer.

I’m not sure about the emitter. It may be the same issue- the render engine calculates the particles? You may have more luck with the emitter than with the hair or clouds. Try exporting the emitter as an .obj file and then re-importing it into Carrara. If plants and replicators work in LUXUS, I don’t see what the problem would be to get an emitter to render. Maybe contact the developer and see if it can be added.

Other things in Carrara that probably won’t work would include the fire and fog primitives and similar objects.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 12 June 2014 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2006-04-26
DUDU_00001 - 11 June 2014 11:13 AM

Hi, Joe,
I’m perhaps stupid, (not, it’s sure ! cheese), but that’s used for what “Luxus”?
Your images are extraordinary but Carrara can’t do that alone ?

There are some things Carrara’s renderer cannot do.

I’m not saying Carrara’s renderer is bad, in fact, its quite good at a lot of things. But when it comes to simulating what light does in the real world, it was not designed to handle that.

Carrara can do basic refraction and caustics, but if you needed a rendering faithful to real glass for example, you would have to use Luxus or other physically accurate renderer.

Posted: 13 June 2014 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1118
Joined  2003-10-09
joeping - 10 June 2014 05:13 PM

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  More experiments of applying LUX materials for the skin and glass.

The settings are the same but I changed the color to blue and the Refraction to Alcohol.  The HDR map seems to be the trick to good glass.

I also tried the Surface Replicator with a glass sphere.  I was please that it worked with LUXUS.  I couldn’t get the particle fountain or hair to work. 

Thanks for looking.

Click here to view the stereoscopic 3D version at 3dLive

Tremendous.  Thank you for sharing your images and thoughts on what works best.

Posted: 13 June 2014 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks for the tips

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  Since I couldn’t get Fur to work with LUXUS for Carrara, this image is a combination of a LUXUS for Carrara’s render and Carrara’s default render.
Thanks for looking.

Image Attachments
jade05_lux.jpg

Posted: 13 June 2014 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5690
Joined  2006-08-27
joeping - 13 June 2014 07:09 PM

Thanks for the tips

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  Since I couldn’t get Fur to work with LUXUS for Carrara, this image is a combination of a LUXUS for Carrara’s render and Carrara’s default render.
Thanks for looking.

Very cool! I love the look of Carrara’s hair! You did a nice job with it!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 14 June 2014 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks
I based the tigers off Holly Wetcircuit’s tutorial at http://www.3d.wetcircuit.com/tutorials/carrara-fur-tutorial-comicbook/

Thanks for turning me on to that link in another thread. =)

Posted: 14 June 2014 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This experiment uses the surface replicator on 2 genesis figures to create 85 soldiers.
Thanks for looking.

Image Attachments
swat01_lux.jpg

Posted: 15 June 2014 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  I was lounging with my dog and looking at her hair. The thought of trying to mimic her short hair arose in my mind.  this is the result. Since I couldn’t get Fur to work with LUXUS for Carrara, this image is a combination of a LUXUS for Carrara’s render and Carrara’s default render.
Thanks for looking.

Image Attachments
Dog01_LUX.jpg

Posted: 16 June 2014 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6183
Joined  2007-12-04

Fantastic, Joe! Bravo!!!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 June 2014 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks for the feedback.
This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time I tried some area lights to try to get better eye highlights.  Plus more skin and cloth texture experiments.

I’ve been trying to get hair texture’s right with mesh hair, but I am having problems with the transparency.  Is there a good way to do hair textures in Luxus?

Image Attachments
areaLight01_LUX.jpg

Posted: 18 June 2014 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  This time I tried using only area lights.  I also used the surface replicator on a bunch of area light spheres.

Thanks for looking.

Image Attachments
areaLight03_LUX.jpg

Posted: 18 June 2014 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

This is another experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and LUXUS for Carrara.  I was disappointed with my last experiment so I was playing around with area lights some more.  This time I used 2 Millennium Sub Dragons as area lights.

Image Attachments
areaLight04_LUX.jpg

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6183
Joined  2007-12-04

You ARE the Man, Joe! Bravo!
How long does it take to render these things?
Stunningly beautiful, Sir… More… More!!! Please!!!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 19 June 2014 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-12

Thanks,
Most of these renders take about an hour or two to render.

Posted: 20 June 2014 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2013-11-20

After seeing some of the images in this thread I was going to try and make something, but after the issues I have had with Carrara and some of the Genesis figures and clothing, crashing Carrara to the desktop, I am not as inspired as I once was, maybe I should stick to V4/M4 for characters in future

Here is old image i did using Luxus

Image Attachments
bike.jpg
 Signature 

Visit me @ http://www.artistxinc.com

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

2 of 11