Digital Art Zone

10 of 10
3D Model Master Training - Is it worth it?
Posted: 26 January 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5283
Joined  2006-08-27
Garstor - 26 January 2013 06:05 PM

Could this be the start of a pilgrimage? I can imagine all these poor Italians wondering WTF happened when a bunch of Carrarists descend upon their village. smile

...And started bitching the travel guide was out of date, or they couldn’t get in because the serial number had expired! wink

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 26 January 2013 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2011-01-03
evilproducer - 26 January 2013 06:12 PM

...And started bitching the travel guide was out of date, or they couldn’t get in because the serial number had expired! wink

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I darn near fell out of my chair at this! Thanks ep!

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 26 January 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2011-01-03

I’d be terribly remiss if I did not note that Carrara is also Down Under!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrara,_Queensland

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 26 January 2013 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2005-04-12
Garstor - 26 January 2013 06:19 PM

I’d be terribly remiss if I did not note that Carrara is also Down Under!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrara,_Queensland

Well I didn’t know that!  And great line from EP above!

Posted: 27 January 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6134
Joined  2007-12-04

Cripeman just put up yet another great tutorial in his thread. He just keeps showing and showing and… I’m thinking that we could eventually compile a decent video manual from his stuff, too. With him showing us the essentials of “what’s in Carrara and how does it work” along with Phil Wilkes’ TV show on how to use this in the world of 3d art, we could turn all Carrara users into professional artists in their own aspect of where their interests lie.

Evil Producer, in my opinion, should already reap some handsome profits for his renders. He’s got a real talent going there.
Whoa… I just found an old Poster I drew for my band from the 80’s (I was still quite young!):
Dan Beck, the drummer, is me

Image Attachments
Kixx_Wikked_Poster.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 28 January 2013 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5283
Joined  2006-08-27
Dartanbeck - 27 January 2013 11:45 AM

Cripeman just put up yet another great tutorial in his thread. He just keeps showing and showing and… I’m thinking that we could eventually compile a decent video manual from his stuff, too. With him showing us the essentials of “what’s in Carrara and how does it work” along with Phil Wilkes’ TV show on how to use this in the world of 3d art, we could turn all Carrara users into professional artists in their own aspect of where their interests lie.

Evil Producer, in my opinion, should already reap some handsome profits for his renders. He’s got a real talent going there.
Whoa… I just found an old Poster I drew for my band from the 80’s (I was still quite young!):
Dan Beck, the drummer, is me

Hahaa! That poster is great! In my mind I see you guys as a cross between, That 70’s Show, Wayne’s World, and Bill and Ted!  LOL

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 28 January 2013 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6134
Joined  2007-12-04

Yup. That was us - just as you envision.
As with so many, that band broke up - differing opinions and such - ahhh to be young again.
Band have come and gone - and I’ve never gone for more than a month or two without having paying gigs in a stable band. Even in my younger years - I’ve seen 36 of our United States. I haven’t been part of a band in all those states… but I’ve never been without my drums as a source of free drinks and a hundred bucks and a buttload of fun.
Kixx Wikked played Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Living Colour, Van Halen, Extreme, Kansas… all with a touch of what we then called Metal, which appears to have an entirely new meaning these days.

Here’s a poster I made in Carrara, using Predatrons Low Res Lorenzo of my current band:
I’m the guy in the Army shirt and the gut! I have since lost my gut, though lol

Image Attachments
Dow-Jones-Web.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

10 of 10