Digital Art Zone

6 of 8
DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.27, Now Available!  [Updated]
Posted: 29 June 2014 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-11-16
Frank0314 - 29 June 2014 11:23 AM

Do you have DIM pointed to the PS directory folder or a specific folder within the directory. Can you post a screen shot of your Installation and application tabs

I have DIM pointed at C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014
I have also tried without the 2014.

Posted: 29 June 2014 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve defined my fake PS folder in two places in DIM. Both in Installation tab and in applications tab (shown below). Within my fake Photoshop directory I put a text file with nothing in it and named it photoshop.exe. Don’t know if that’s necessary but it certainly doesn’t hurt anything.

Image Attachments
InstallationPSforDIM.JPGApplicationsPSforDIM.JPG

Posted: 29 June 2014 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-16
Spit - 29 June 2014 12:40 PM

I’ve defined my fake PS folder in two places in DIM. Both in Installation tab and in applications tab (shown below). Within my fake Photoshop directory I put a text file with nothing in it and named it photoshop.exe. Don’t know if that’s necessary but it certainly doesn’t hurt anything.

I thought that didn’t work for you??

Posted: 29 June 2014 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Sadsaytr - 29 June 2014 12:44 PM

Could you be thinking of someone else? This works fine. In your content path you tell DIM to download to, I use the ‘Photoshop[’ one highlighted in the first image.

Posted: 29 June 2014 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2417
Joined  2007-12-07

As I mentioned I do not have photoshop so have never had anything in DIM referencing it - no need.  What I DID do was create an Installation type I named ‘Resources’ and it was to there that I installed the brushes.  That installation configuration is still present.  I have now added a dummy application entry for photoshop that points to the same locations as Resources and that allowed be to install the upgraded version of the brushes.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 29 June 2014 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
SimonJM - 29 June 2014 01:32 PM

As I mentioned I do not have photoshop so have never had anything in DIM referencing it - no need.  What I DID do was create an Installation type I named ‘Resources’ and it was to there that I installed the brushes.  That installation configuration is still present.  I have now added a dummy application entry for photoshop that points to the same locations as Resources and that allowed be to install the upgraded version of the brushes.

Great!!

Posted: 29 June 2014 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-16
Spit - 29 June 2014 12:53 PM

Could you be thinking of someone else? This works fine. In your content path you tell DIM to download to, I use the ‘Photoshop[’ one highlighted in the first image.

Yep, I was thinking of some one else.
So is your CS 2 a real place?? I am a bit confused, all I really need to do is setup a fake folder and point DIM to it. And later when I use Photoshop, tell it where the brushed and other stuff is??  What is DIM looking for??

Image Attachments
DIM_Adobe.png

Posted: 29 June 2014 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Sadsaytr - 29 June 2014 02:44 PM
Spit - 29 June 2014 12:53 PM

Yep, I was thinking of some one else.
So is your CS 2 a real place?? I am a bit confused, all I really need to do is setup a fake folder and point DIM to it. And later when I use Photoshop, tell it where the brushed and other stuff is??  What is DIM looking for??

No. This is a fake folder. (I have Photoshop but I install brushes here.)

Posted: 06 July 2014 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4857
Joined  2005-08-03

Before I submit a feature request because I can’t find it, is there a way to create our own tags for our items beyond the premade software compatibility tags? I’d love to slap my items with my own tags for things like interior, exterior, shaders, plants, what figure a product is for, etc. Allowing for multiple tags/categories/whatever would be ideal.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 10 July 2014 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1188
Joined  2005-04-12

I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to select items and then “hide” them or otherwise ignore them so they are not listed.  For example, it offers to download both 32bit and 64bit options for programs, I generally only want one of these, but I can’t then hide the other option. Similarly, it might offer both PS and DS options, and often I only want to install one of these but can’t clear the other from the list. Hence my list is getting clogged up with stuff I don’t want to download, and the ability to selectively hide all this would streamline things considerably.

Posted: 10 July 2014 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8768
Joined  2007-11-06
PhilW - 10 July 2014 04:23 AM

I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to select items and then “hide” them or otherwise ignore them so they are not listed.  For example, it offers to download both 32bit and 64bit options for programs, I generally only want one of these, but I can’t then hide the other option. Similarly, it might offer both PS and DS options, and often I only want to install one of these but can’t clear the other from the list. Hence my list is getting clogged up with stuff I don’t want to download, and the ability to selectively hide all this would streamline things considerably.

On the Ready to Download tab click on “Download Filters” and uncheck anything you don’t use.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 July 2014 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1021
Joined  2007-10-17
fixmypcmike - 10 July 2014 05:14 AM

On the Ready to Download tab click on “Download Filters” and uncheck anything you don’t use.

Then if anything still shows up that you don’t want, you can check all of them and Hide them by right clicking on one and saying Hide all.

Posted: 10 July 2014 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2005-09-12
DAZ_Spooky - 10 July 2014 08:04 AM
fixmypcmike - 10 July 2014 05:14 AM

Then if anything still shows up that you don’t want, you can check all of them and Hide them by right clicking on one and saying Hide all.

But this only seems to work on the ‘ready to download’ tab, which is inaccessible when working off-line. It would be nice to hide the 32-bit software on my off-line 64-bit system. Sounds like a job for a feature request - ‘add right-click -> hide all selected’ to the ‘ready to install’ tab available actions.

I’ll drop it in a bit later today.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 11 July 2014 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4857
Joined  2005-08-03

How can I filter by multiple methods at the same time? I’m trying to filter by tag>DSON Importer, but then when I also try to filter out by same install location, one overrides the other in the search box.

I want to see only PoserCF in a certain runtime.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 12 July 2014 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8768
Joined  2007-11-06
Vaskania - 11 July 2014 09:00 PM

How can I filter by multiple methods at the same time? I’m trying to filter by tag>DSON Importer, but then when I also try to filter out by same install location, one overrides the other in the search box.

I want to see only PoserCF in a certain runtime.

Here’s the documentation on the filter regular expressions:  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering

Between that and the default filters you should be able to construct exactly what you need.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

6 of 8