DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of DAZ Install Manager - version 22.214.171.124! (*updated*)
What is new in this version?
The 126.96.36.199 version (*updated*) is a maintenance release and makes improvements to or fixes issues discovered since the 188.8.131.52 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.
184.108.40.206 highlights are: (*updated*)
1) Fixed an issue with the installation of content metadata in packages that require elevated permissions; i.e. DAZ Studio Built-In Content
220.127.116.11 highlights are: (more info)
1) Fixed CMS connector to handle install of vendor categories correctly
2) Fixed auto-install ordering of DAZ Studio packages for first time users
18.104.22.168 highlights are:
1) Fixed an issue that resulted in not being able to re-establish an active/valid session when connectivity is intermittent
2) Implemented support for sending ‘keep-alive’ signals to the server during a [connected] session; helps address intermittent connectivity issues by periodically informing the server that the client believes a given session is still active
3) Fixed a potential crash during the installation of packages that cause other packages to uninstall
4) Added support for mapping the application path of the Creative Cloud (CC) version of Photoshop; product packages require individual updates to support installation to a mapped CC path, which will be published over the next few days
5) Several updates/improvements have been made to the Default Filters
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to “Update” or “Work Offline”. Click the “Update” button and the application will take care of the rest.
Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering “Install Manager” into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the “Filter” button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.
If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the “download free now” button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.
*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update… it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the “Help” button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.