2 of 2
Asset Files missing?
Posted: 24 May 2014 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2503
Joined  2003-12-06
dkutzera - 24 May 2014 08:12 PM

When I try to load Urban Sprawl in a new project, I get a dialogue box saying it can’t find a file in the— My Daz Library/Props/Stonemason/UrbanSprawl2/—folder.  It still won’t load even when I add that specific folder to the list in Content Directory Manager.

It won’t load especially when you add that specific folder to Content Directory Manager. Re-read my last post upthread — you’re doing what is called “deep-linking”, which doesn’t work. You don’t add the specific folder an item’s files are stored in, the Content Directory Manager should already have the content folder which contains all your installed items in the correct sub-folders.

As for “the Content folder”, this does seem to confuse a lot of people. It doesn’t mean “the folder named Content”, it means “the folder set up in Content Directory Manager as containing content files”. It can be named anything — you already have a folder “My DAZ Library” set up as this, although you must make sure exactly the same folder is also set up as a Poser content location.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 24 May 2014 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2012-07-05

I have it now set in the Directory Manger that just the My LIbrary folder is listed for both Daz and Poser content.  Trying to load Urban Sprawl still brings up the dialogue box saying “one or more files could not be loaded while loading file:”  etc.  It says see log file for details….where do I find Log File?

Trying to load a project that included Urban Sprawl still brings up the list of missing assets…all of them Data/auto_adapted/ files.

Posted: 24 May 2014 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9009
Joined  2007-11-06
dkutzera - 24 May 2014 09:24 PM

I have it now set in the Directory Manger that just the My LIbrary folder is listed for both Daz and Poser content.  Trying to load Urban Sprawl still brings up the dialogue box saying “one or more files could not be loaded while loading file:”  etc.  It says see log file for details….where do I find Log File?

Trying to load a project that included Urban Sprawl still brings up the list of missing assets…all of them Data/auto_adapted/ files.

The log file is in Help >Troubleshooting > View log file

Does Urban Sprawl load from the original files?  auto_adapted files are created when you load a scene from Poser formats, so if your content folders weren’t set up correctly it’s not surprising they can’t be found when reloading a saved scene.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 24 May 2014 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

What other sort of files would it load from?  I installed the Urban Sprawl “DS” files which I assume are for Daz Studio as opposed to Poser.  I did this using install manager, so they were placed according to it’s mysterious ways.  I wonder if re-installing would make any difference?

Posted: 24 May 2014 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

Reinstalling Urban sprawl seemed to work in that I can now load an entire block into a new scene.  The old project that included Urban Sprawl, however, still results in a list of missing files.  Furthermore, I don’t seem to have anything in the Smart Content Pane. It’s as though none of that meta-date for smart content is recognized anymore.

Posted: 24 May 2014 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

There are two Urban Sprawls the First is a Single load Poser only set the other Urban Sprawl2 the Big City is fully DAZ Studio and has a full load or 4 parts or separate buildings which file did you use in your Saved Scene?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 24 May 2014 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I did find in the pop-out list of the Smart Content pane a “Content DB Maintenance” menu.  That gave as one option a checkbox for “Re-Import Metadata” and that seems to have gone a long way to restore my Smart Content list.  Whew.  Sometimes it helps to just explore.

There is a sort of interface glitch for newbies….that little list icon “display options for active pane” changes depending on what tab you have selected.  So if you’re in Smart Content you get one list of options.  If you’re in Content Library you get a different list entirely.  It’s a bit confusing.  It would be clearer if that icon perhaps floated with the tabs so it is clear each tab has it’s own list. 

Enough adventure for today. More tomorrow.

2 of 2