Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Asset Files missing?
Posted: 24 May 2014 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2012-07-05

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I think some assets have gotten lost in moving my files around.  I’ve set up a separate computer for Daz work.  The program is on the main drive and the product and project on another drive.  Opening up an old project results in a long list of missing assets.  The model then load but with cubes where the missing elements are. 

Any way to reconnect this project to the assets?

Posted: 24 May 2014 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

This is for Daz Studio on a Mac.  The list of files is almost all /data/auto_adapted/ then the product name.

Posted: 24 May 2014 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

When you moved the content did you move ALL the old content folder? And is DAZ Studio pointing to that folder as a Path now?
The Data Folder is saved in the Top DAZ Studio Content folder on your old configuration. That folder is needed to open the saved Scene files properly.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 24 May 2014 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

Thanks.  I found a data file in the Users—-Shared—-My Daz 3d Library folder.  I suppose I should either move that to the other drive…or find how to ensure that Daz is pointing to that folder.

Posted: 24 May 2014 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I suppose part of this is just about where to install content.  My idea was keep it all on a secondary drive, but maybe Daz Studio is happier if it is on the same drive as the OS and the Applications?

Posted: 24 May 2014 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

Answering my own question here:  I found that in the Content Directory Manager I “added” the MyLibrary folder as well as the MyLibrary/data folder.  It seems with just the latter it wasn’t working, but with the former added it now loaded the models without any missing assets.

Posted: 24 May 2014 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2405
Joined  2003-12-06
dkutzera - 24 May 2014 03:54 PM

I found that in the Content Directory Manager I “added” the MyLibrary folder as well as the MyLibrary/data folder.  It seems with just the latter it wasn’t working, but with the former added it now loaded the models without any missing assets.

Only the “My Library” folder is right. Remove the “My Library/data/” one, or else you will have major problems eventually — you must never have a content location setting inside another content location setting. And “deep linking” is guaranteed never to work, you must always set a content location so that all the “must have” folders inside (e.g. “data” and “Runtime”) are in the proper relative positions.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 24 May 2014 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m fully lost I have zero Idea how the Content folder(s) are set up. But It does not sound remotely correct.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 24 May 2014 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

How are they supposed to be set up? What is the ideal hierarchy?

Posted: 24 May 2014 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8695
Joined  2007-11-06

The location you specify as the content folder should not end in “Data” or “Runtime”, but in the folder CONTAINING those two folders, e..g. “My Library” or “My DAZ 3D Library”.  If the Data folder is not directly underneath the content folder location, the files won’t be found.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 24 May 2014 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I have ONE content folder and only ONE at this time. It is on my D drive, where it is does not matter a bit. If it is Set up properly does matter.
First Image my Mapped folder. One is as much of it as I can show in one Snap last is my DIM set to use it.

All my content works…

Image Attachments
Paths-External.PNGCapture-002.pngCapture-001.png
 Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2014 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I have no folders actually called “Content.”  I do have a “data” folder inside my “My Daz Library” folder.  All the asset files Daz Studio is asking for are there…but for some reason the program will not load them.  I just get the boxy volumes where the model should be.  I thought this was a Content Directory Manager issue and had currently have the “My Daz Library” folder listed under the “Daz Studio Formats” heading. 

So the old project - which included Urban Sprawl - only loads as those boxes.  When I try to load Urban Sprawl in a new project, I get a dialogue box saying it can’t find a file in the— My Daz Library/Props/Stonemason/UrbanSprawl2/—folder.  It still won’t load even when I add that specific folder to the list in Content Directory Manager.

It is a puzzlement.

Posted: 24 May 2014 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

As shown Folders Should be mapped as BOTH formats as content can be in either. Poser or DAZ Studio.

Only Poser only folders as in a Runtime type folders gets mapped as Poser only. All DAZ Studio Content folders should be mapped as both formats…

Image Attachments
Paths-External-Full.PNG
 Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2014 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I installed the latest Daz and added my Daz Library to the Poser Formats part of the Content Directory Manager.  Still can’t load Urban Sprawl. Oddly, I can load individual buildings, just not assembled blocks.

It seems you have a “My Daz Library” for different product sets. Is that right?  One for Artco.  One for DarkAnvil.  Etc?  Is there a rational behind that?

Thanks for the help.

Posted: 24 May 2014 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

Also, I wonder if the best option at this point is uninstalling urban Sprawl and then re-installing it.

Posted: 24 May 2014 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I do not have that set up any longer it was done to show proper folder mapping once in the past.
I have been using DAZ Studio from DAZ Studio version 2, I have many old style content folders. I will set them up for doing some work that involves just the needed folder at that time. I still have many folders but only ONE full folder for DAZ Studio 4.5+ and all my new content. I use the other folders as work folders, I swap them in or out as needed, to test new things. That keeps me from messing up my one full folder if I make a bad boo boo.

Signature 

1 of 2