Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.3.50 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 21 May 2014 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2007-11-12

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the public version of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.1.3.50!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 1.1.3.50 version is a maintenance release and resolves some key issues discovered since the 1.1.2.117 General Release.  In addition to specific fixes, this release is intended to maintain parity with the corresponding DAZ Studio General Release (4.6.3.50) where features and/or fixes are common.  All new downloads of the DSON Importer for Poser product (SKU: 14897) will be of this version. A Change Log with additional information can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Highlights are:

- Fixed bulge support
- Fixed an issue with ancestors affecting child bones correctly
- Optimized ancestors affecting children bones
- Fixed subdivision UVs
- Fixed an issue with loosing HD detail on seam edges when a Geo-Grafting figure is fit to the target figure
- Added pre-install script handling of cross-sku package conflicts in Install Manager

DSON Importer for Poser shares code with the DAZ Studio core, and so it is built every time DAZ Studio is built.  Sometimes that means a build doesn’t have anything that should directly affect how the importer operates (i.e. additions, tweaks, fixes that don’t affect reading, writing, geometry, etc) but is part of the shared core, while other times it means something in the shared portion of code does affect it, or something specific to the importer in an unshared portion of code.  Regardless, it gets built so that we can keep them synchronized, as that helps us (and you) keep track of which versions of the importer are intended to support content made in a particular version of DAZ Studio; assuming a given feature is supported.

The last two numbers in the version (i.e. 1.1.x.x) of DSON Importer for Poser will generally be the same as the current version of DAZ Studio.  There can be exceptions, but they will typically stay in sync.  If Install Manager tells you that there is an update, the version it provides is the current one, and thus the one you should be using to ensure the best compatibility with content in the DSON format.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, or the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, content packages been updated too?

No, the “Genesis Starter Essentials” and the “Genesis 2 Starter Essentials” packages provided with the product have NOT been updated beyond what is currently available.

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DSON Importer for Poser product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type “DSON Importer for Poser” into the filter field to filter out anything else.  Then simply download and install as you would normally.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install DSON Importer for Poser from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering “DSON Importer for Poser” into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the “Filter” button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green “download & install” button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue “download” button to download the standalone installer.

If this is your first time downloading DSON Importer for Poser, simply follow this link, click the “Add to Cart” button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

The simple answer is… You should only have one version of the DSON Importer for Poser installed at a time.

The more complicated answer is yes, but you can only have one version of DSON Importer for Poser installed per installation of Poser 9/Pro 2012, 10/Pro 2014. Poser 9 and 10 are only 32 bit, while Poser Pro 2012 and Pro 2014 offer the ability to install both a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Within the User Guide section, you will find information relating to:

- Installation and Requirements
- Using the DSON Importer for Poser
- Converting Content for use with the DSON Importer for Poser

Posted: 22 May 2014 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-05-09

I needed to select the approrpiate filters in Install Manager, before I got my notification. So I suggest users check their Filters setting inside Install Manager, and then they can see whether they need the update or not.

Posted: 15 July 2014 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2004-04-19

just wondering…subdivision on props are not working?
mesh resolution is high on level 1 in DS, I made Poser CF for prop and when I open in Poser, there is no option for mesh resolution and set it in DSON script also not working…

Posted: 06 September 2014 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2003-10-09

I have never used DSON and now I am working in PoserPro 2014 would like to try. Is there a clear simple tutorial available to walk me through its ins and outs?

Posted: 06 September 2014 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2006-03-19

Here is the DSON Wiki page http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/dson_spec/start

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 06 September 2014 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9615
Joined  2007-11-06

The user guide for the DSON Importer is here:  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/start

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 September 2014 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-02-18

This DSON Importer for Poser rubbish is ridiculous, some king of monstrosity. I try now for 3 weeks to get it going. The recommendations from the support were useless. I can neither recommend the DSON Importer nor DAZ 3D!

Posted: 26 September 2014 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3143
Joined  2004-04-25
nurmy - 26 September 2014 07:14 AM

This DSON Importer for Poser rubbish is ridiculous, some king of monstrosity. I try now for 3 weeks to get it going. The recommendations from the support were useless! I can neither recommend the DSON Importer nor DAZ 3D.

Which version of Poser are you using?  Did you install the DSON importer scripts to the Python folder in the main Poser runtime?  It is best to install any Python scripts there.

When you installed the importer, did you make sure the DS4.x files installed if you do not have a copy of DS4 installed on your system.  It’s been a while since I used it but the original installer had a screen and check box to install the DS4.x files.  It may be automated now.

Once you install the importer, you need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials and it’s Poser Companion Files to the same runtime.  I’ve found the best solution to be a separate external runtime.  Rather than use the DIM, download the files manually and install manually. 

Joe Public has a thread over in the Rendo Poser forums walking you through how to install the content.  One of the main things you need to do with zip folders is move the Runtime folder that is inside the Content folder of the zip out of the content folder and let it behave as you would any other external runtime set up. 

Perhaps if you give as much detail as possible as to what the problems you are experiencing, someone can help you.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 26 September 2014 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15734
Joined  2003-10-09

Some more information about what you have done, and how it is failing, might enable us to help you.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 September 2014 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-11-27
nurmy - 26 September 2014 07:03 AM

This DSON Importer for Poser rubbish is ridiculous, some king of monstrosity. I try now for 3 weeks to get it going. The recommendations from the support were useless. I can neither recommend the DSON Importer nor DAZ 3D!

Neither assertion is true. I use the importer every day with no problem. Just relax and describe your problems here and let us help you.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 October 2014 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-02-28

If someone is not able to get this to work in THREE WEEKS then no one can help. Maybe this dude is still using Poser 5? grin

Posted: 01 October 2014 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-02-18

You are right. I am stupid. Therefore I use only programs that work well and are properly designed. DSON Importer doesn`t belong to this category. To get it working you need 2 other programs ( Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser) and despite this bulk of material it gives unsatisfactorily results.
I don`t want to deal with technical problems. I want to concentrate on my 3D work.

Posted: 01 October 2014 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4994
Joined  2005-08-03
nurmy - 01 October 2014 12:14 PM

You are right. I am stupid. Therefore I use only programs that work well and are properly designed. DSON Importer doesn`t belong to this category. To get it working you need 2 other programs ( Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser) and despite this bulk of material it gives unsatisfactorily results.
I don`t want to deal with technical problems. I want to concentrate on my 3D work.

You don’t need the starter essentials for the dson importer to work. You only need them if you plan on using Genesis because those are the Genesis content packages (same goes for genesis 2 female/male starter essentials packages). Just like V4/M4, if you don’t want to use them, don’t install them.

What version of Poser are you using? The importer will only work with P9/PP2012 with SR3 or higher.
The importer also needs to match the bit depth. If you’re using Poser 64bit, use the 64bit importer, same for 32bit.

Also, if you’re installing with DIM, make sure you have your app paths set up properly (see image). Obviously your paths will be different.

Image Attachments
DIM_paths.png
 Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 02 October 2014 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-11-27
nurmy - 01 October 2014 12:14 PM

It’s working well for me. The problem is not the Importer.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 02 October 2014 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-02-18

Many thanks for your patience and friendly comments. I appreciate it very much.

Posted: 04 October 2014 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2004-09-18

Hi folks, not real sure where to post this problem but since DSON is required to use the product in Poser, this must be a good place to start.

I use PP2014 64 bit ver. 10.0.4.27796 with DSON importer 1.1.3.50 64 bit and when I am forced to use it DS 4.6.3.52 64 bit.  I install only 64 bit versions of any software as I run only a 64 bit OS.  I seem able to locate and load content with no problem at all.  Until it comes to Genesis anything.  Now, having just spent near $40 on Aiko 6 I need an answer to this problem.  The PROBLEM:  Aiko 6 and Victoria 6 seem to load almost instantly into Poser.  Nothing shows though.  It is invisible.  In fact, the behavior of these Figures is exactly the same as V4 and M4 Figures right after installing but NOT running the DzCreateEXPfiles.bat.  And I cannot find any such file to run for Genesis anything.  HOW DO I get GENESIS to function in Poser Pro 2014?
addenda:  I installed all the Genesis 2 Male/Female Starter Essentials including Poser CF back with DSON Importer 1.1.1.33 as that is the version those came with.  Am I supposed to reinstall all that stuff with every update to DS and/or DSON?
TIA!
McG.

Signature 

McG.

I am NOT a newbie!

1 of 3