Digital Art Zone

Changing The ‘No Reply’ Email Subject Title ?
Posted: 16 July 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-16

I was wondering if Daz could change the subject title with ‘Order Confirmations’ back to the old way
which was ‘[email protected]’ instead of just ‘No Reply’.

Reason being is I use Hotmail as my email and ever since the new store and new subject title, my
product Order Confirmations have been showing up in my junk mail. Ive allowed the new ‘No Reply’
Order Confirmations in my Hotmail options but they still keep going into my junk mail folder.

I did however add the No Reply (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) with my contacts but I shouldnt have to change
it that way when it worked fine the old way with my Hotmail.

I dont think Hotmail excepts subject titles that just say ‘No Reply’ as they consider it spam and as you
might know, many spammers have there subject titles just ‘No Reply’.

Even if you dont want to go back to the old subject title, anything besides ‘No Reply’ would work wink

Posted: 17 July 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15734
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you tried creating a folder for all DAZ emails, with a message filter to sunt anything from @daz3d.com into that folder?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 July 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2008-06-12

I agree with the original poster.  The purpose of the Subject: header line is to give a summary of the subject of a message.  It is absurd to put something so uninformative there.

Posted: 17 July 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15734
Joined  2003-10-09

The Subject line, for me, is Order Confirmation: Order #11111111111111. It’s the sender name that shows No reply, though the actual address still includes the domain (it’s the display name that’s changed).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 July 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2012-04-14

The problem is that it bears a remarkable resemblance to spam emails (which I tend to delete unopened), it would be good if there was a Daz somewhere in there.

Posted: 17 July 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06

It also doesn’t help that the subject gives no clue as to the actual thread subject, like it did before.

And if anyone says this is expected default behaviour from an ExpressionEngine forum, I won’t believe it. Something has to have gone horribly wrong with this when it went live, just as it has pretty much everything on the new site.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 July 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6575
Joined  2006-02-20
anikad - 17 July 2012 12:24 PM

The problem is that it bears a remarkable resemblance to spam emails (which I tend to delete unopened), it would be good if there was a Daz somewhere in there.

To tell the truth: when I am buying something at Daz, I am expecting an order confirmation and I do see my order number at the end of the process ... It’s the same order number in the header of the email ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-16
Richard Haseltine - 17 July 2012 12:19 PM

The Subject line, for me, is Order Confirmation: Order #11111111111111. It’s the sender name that shows No reply, though the actual address still includes the domain (it’s the display name that’s changed).

My mistake, your correct as its the sender’s name that states *No Reply*.

Just to clarify something else is I stated I had a Hotmail account but its actually a Live.com account. Both Hotmail and Live
are connected email sites LOL

Anyways I just purchased something and my Order Confirmation did go into my Inbox instead of my Junk folder so I think its
been fixed, thanks to whoever fixed it wink