DAZ Studio Pro 18.104.22.168, General Release, Now Available for Download!
DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 22.214.171.124!
Another build, so soon?
Yes. We want to provide access to builds that fix issues you may have encountered in the General Release, earlier and more frequently.
What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?
The 126.96.36.199 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 188.8.131.52 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.
General Release (184.108.40.206) highlights are:
1) Fixed handling of nested menu disabling for Interactive Lessons; fixes interactive lesson chaining
2) Updated Home page and associated scripts; QuickStart Guide now displays an intermediate dialog that provides information and options for the text and/or video version of the guide, as well as an interactive lesson
3) Fixed an issue in the finalize script of the install Manager package not handling auto-serialization correctly; 220.127.116.11 hotfix
Public BETA 2 (18.104.22.168) highlights are:
1) Fixed PostgreSQL CMS package permission issues on Mac; also required a fix to Install Manager to prevent launching PostgreSQL server with [elevated] permissions (see thread)
2) Fixed PostgreSQL CMS package 'not found in zip' error on Mac
3) Added support for custom PostgreSQL CMS connection strings; defined via “ConnectionURI” member in cmscfg.json; when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance; the string must use Connection URI syntax (see 22.214.171.124 Connection URIs); the PostgreSQL instance must be compatible with 9.3.x; the citext module must be installed on the target database or the user must have sufficient permission to install the “citext” module; the user must have sufficient privileges to create and delete schema/tables/functions/types/indexes etc in the connected database
4) Added a Import Metadata from Valentina script to the Built-In content
5) Updated FBX library to 2014
6) Fixed #DS-29 : Fixed an issue with Photoshop 3D Bridge scene preview/updating
7) Fixed #DS-445/CS166167: Fixed DForm preset save to write in the correct order
8) Fixed #DS-417/CS164508: Fixed a crash when unpinning an IK node with no chain
9) Fixed #DS-394: Renaming facet groups doesn't update in Joint Editor
10) Fixed #DS-390: Shader Mixer Normal Map brick throwing errors
11) Fixed #DS-446: Interpolation on subdivision UVs
12) Tweaks to the Barefoot Dancer Interactive Lesson
13) Fixed an issue where an Interactive Lesson would not always advance when view frame was clicked on Mac
14) Fixed support of 'display' instructions, within a 'dialog' instruction, in an Interactive Lesson
15) Fixed support of instructions defined as 'optional', within a 'dialog' instruction, in an Interactive Lesson
16) Improved Interactive Lesson handling of a DzStyledButton that has a menu and is used like a combobox
17) An Interactive Lesson can now target a specific value for DzStyledButton with a menu; causes all other options in the menu to be disabled
18) Fixed an issue with Dynamic Cloth install scripts not properly handling files on Mac
19) Fixed interdependency issues with Dynamic Cloth install scripts
20) Fixed undo of Character Preset materials
21) Fixed an issue with duplicate when a parented figure is following the same skeleton
22) Changed the default rotation order for newly created DForms, primitives, and imported geometry; provides a more intuitive property experience
23) Fixed #DS-475 : Fixed an issue with node names saved in user-facing files not being respected
24) Fixed #DS-462/CS167212 : Fixed a crash when a geometry shell targets a geometry shell
25) Fixed #DS-483/CS168212 : Fixed an issue where bones weighting a single vertex were not accumulating correctly
26) Fixed an issue with losing HD detail on seam edges when a Geo-Grafted figure is fit to a target figure
27) Fixed the 'Delete Hidden Facets' action to preserve HD detail on remaining edges
28) Fixed respecting of hidden facets when projecting
29) Added a 'Merge Into Selected' option to the Node Weight Brush tool, Weight Maps view context menu; in the Tool Settings pane when the Node Weight Brush tool is active
30) Improved the re-labeling logic in Joint Editor when changing rotation order
31) Fixed an issue with custom modifiers writing source information incorrectly
32) Fixed rigidity related action placement in the Geometry Editor context menu; facet vs vertex
33) Updated default layout files; menus, current action list
34) Fixed action label 'New Push Modifier Weight Node...'
35) Updated default styles to include icons for a Push Modifier Weight Node in a scene view, and the New Push Modifier Weight Node... action
36) Updated Create menus; Main Menu Bar > Create; Scene pane > Option Menu > Create
37) Added a 'Remove From Categories (Unassigned)' option to the Categorize dialog; removes reference to all currently assigned categories and assigns to the Unassigned category
38) Added a Show In > Products option to the Content Library file view context menu
39) Added a Convert Figure to Prop action; Main Menu Bar > Edit > Figure > Rigging; Scene pane > Option Menu > Edit > Rigging; Joint Editor tool > Context Menu > Edit
40) Added a Bake To Transforms action; Main Menu Bar > Edit > Figure, Parameters > Option Menu, Posing > Option Menu; expands upon and replaces the functionality provided by the Morphforms To Transforms script
41) Added support for dropping images on mappable properties to set their map
42) Implemented #DS-477 : Added Shadow Color and Shadow Intensity properties to default light types
43) Added pre-install script handling of cross-sku package conflicts for Photoshop 3D Bridge, GoZ and DSON Importer for Poser; only one channel package should be installed via Install Manager at any given time
44) Fixed an issue where the Install Manager package finalize script could sometimes cause a QtXml.dll not found error
45) Updated Qt framework to 4.8.6
46) Added operating system enumerations for Windows 8.1 and Mac 10.9 (Mavericks) to DzApp
Public BETA 1 (126.96.36.199) highlights are:
1) Added support for using PostgreSQL as CMS; set port and cluster path in Edit > Preferences…; fall back to Valentina if PostgreSQL is not installed [via Install Manager]
2) Added Start/Stop CMS actions to Content Library option menu; PostgreSQL only
3) Added “Start CMS” button to Smart Content views when the CMS is not running; PostgreSQL only
4) Added indeterminate progress for long database maintenance actions
5) Categories and Products top-level containers are now omitted if no active database exists
6) Added drag/drop support from the Content Library pane to the Smart Content pane and to Preset pages of the Posing, Shaping, Surfaces, Lights and Cameras panes
7) Updated Qt framework to 4.8.5
8) Updated 3Delight to 11.0.47
9) Extended Interactive Lesson support; docked view controls, view option menu items, dialogs, etc
10) Added a coarse progress indicator to Interactive Lessons
11) Added the ability to duplicate an object; single object or object and its children
12) Added support for merging a figure that is fit to another figure, into that figure
13) Added filtering to the Scene pane
14) Added weight map support to the push modifier; via push modifier weight node
15) Added vertex and edge selection; via Geometry Editor tool - replaces Polygon Group Editor tool
16) Added/extended various actions to work with expanded geometry selection capabilities
17) Added support for Selection Sets; via Geometry Editor tool
18) Significantly improved the speed of polygon selection; now uses a "brush" to "paint" selection instead of singular picking
19) Reduced memory consumption of TriAx weight mapping
20) Improved speed of applying TriAx weight mapping
21) Added support for preserving ngons
22) Refactored the About Installed Plugins listview; non-registrable plugins are listed at the top-level; registrable plugins are listed according to the serial prefix(es) that can be used to register a given plugin; if a plugin can be registered by itself, it exists as a top level item; if a plugin can be registered as part of a bundle, it exists as a sub-item to the bundle, which exists as the top level item; only top level items now provide a serial entry field and have a shop button
23) Added a viewport thirds guide; viewport option menu
24) Rendering OpenGL Preview now uses the active DrawStyle instead of forcing Texture Shaded; allows for Wireframe renders
25) Layered Image Presets that only define one layer will now add the layer to an existing image
26) Fixed an issue with images running tdlmake unnecessarily
27) Fixed issues with layered images refreshing [from disk]
28) Re-enabled support for the Application Improvement Program
Has the Content Management Service (CMS) been improved?
Yes, it has. The existing Valentina based service is still included and supported, however a new PostgreSQL based service is proving itself to be much more stable and much less prone to the data corruption issues that many have experienced in the past. The new PostgreSQL based service has also proven to be somewhat faster.
With this new solution, there is no longer a need to start a service that runs in the background. Normally, the PostgreSQL server starts when the application starts and stops when the application stops; unless another application, like Install Manager, is connected to it - in which case it will stop when the last application connected to it closes. Explicit control to start the service is provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu] and a button [in the Smart Content pane] without ever needing to leave the application. Explicit control to stop the service is also provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu].
To help get you up and running with the new PostgreSQL service, we've added a separate package in Install Manager that will automatically migrate any existing data from your Valentina database; you simply install it after the PostgreSQL server is installed. The amount of time required to migrate the data will vary depending on the amount of data you have and your system specs.
*Note: While the PostgreSQL server is installed, Install Manager will not install any data to the Valentina database. The PostgreSQL CMS data conversion package is not available as a standalone installer. It must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager.
What is the Application Improvement Program about?
It's about improving the DAZ Studio user experience. Support tickets and bug reports provide important clues as to the needs of you the customer, but they are only hints. This improvement program will allow us to to "see" how the features of DAZ Studio are actually performing and where users are getting hung up.
If you choose to participate in the program, the statistics we will collect are anonymous and contain no personally identifiable information. We respect your right to privacy. That said, if you choose not to participate, we respect that too.
We encourage you to participate. In doing so, your use of the application will have a greater influence on where we focus our efforts.
Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (Male/Female), or the Default Lights and Shaders packages been updated too?
No, the "Genesis Starter Essentials", "Genesis 2 Starter Essentials" and "Default Lights and Shaders" packages provided with the product have NOT been updated beyond what is currently available.
*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio 4.6" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.
Optionally, you can locate, download and install DAZ Studio Pro from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green "download & install" button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue "download" button to download the standalone installer.
If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.
*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.
Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?
Yes! You can have both the General Release and a Public Build (as well as a Private Build, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.
What about the plugins I have?
The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible with the current release, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5 (i.e. 188.8.131.52+) should continue to load and function in this version. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.
Some plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package that is specifically intended for use with this General Release; these packages will not contain "Public Build" in the package name, as that moniker is used for pre-release builds. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the pre-release builds. These packages will display as "Product Updates" within Install Manager once they have been updated.
Is there any documentation?