Digital Art Zone

3 of 15
maybe an iClone thread
Posted: 25 August 2012 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2005-08-16

BTW I should say that I have used Carrara quite a bit but got angry at it and have been away for a while.

Signature 

Nick
(why am I new member?)

Posted: 25 August 2012 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7647
Joined  2009-07-13

I was just quoting the Reallusion page
I actually paid more for iC4 then got iC5 through a content offer where I had to buy $200 of content and a month later it was a free upgrade to iC5 plus I bought 3dx4 but got 3dx5 free by beta testing having also just missed out on the free upgrade by being too eager, got pipeline too by beta testing but all up prob spent as much as the Daz bundle price and still have not gotten the mocap plugin or a kinect yet as it is not a priority for me.
but then I bought M5 pro bundle, the supersuit bundle, Stephanie5 pro bundle,  etc etc etc the list goes on!!!
you buy what you want when you want it, not later when it is cheaper!!
you can just try iC5 demo first then get iC5pro amd wait for Reallusion discount offers instead of getting everything at once.
prob the best tactic like here at Daz!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 August 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-16

HAH! You see you are an admitted software addict…I am an addicted bounds explorer. So you buy what you want when you want and do not wait for cheaper, whereas I always want to see how far something can go, so I need the whole pack, but wait for a sale then rush in (stuff changes so fast that I am often coming up against new bits). We obviously have our ways of feeding that need. grin

I have to admit that as a bounds explorer I so often find those limits and get disappointed smirk

Signature 

Nick
(why am I new member?)

Posted: 25 August 2012 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yeah, many bought DS4pro, Hexagon and Bryce too!
(I just got advanced and the autofit tool so had not parted ways with as much of my cash when they went for free)
thats life, I could have also gotten a 50” LCD for what I spent earlier on a 42” plasma but my old cathode ray with a bigarse tv died too soon snake

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 August 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-16

Ahhh now here I have the ultimate “Thaaht’s loocshorie! ....In MY day…” story.

I once bought a computer that had 640Mb of total RAM, and a 20___***MB***___ HDD (which was revolutionary in that the operating system was not loaded at each session from floppy) and it cost me….$3500, I think. The HDD alone was $1200

But I had many many many happy hours from that machine, delving around and being at the heart of new stuff….so yeah I am an addict. There was one consolation back then. Things moved a lot slower, so you were not half-priced obsolete in a few months, but more like a few years. You had time to enjoy your “mistake” untainted by newness envy.

Nick

Signature 

Nick
(why am I new member?)

Posted: 25 August 2012 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Question for anybody who’s actually used iClone to animate - what frustrates me the most in DAZ Studio/Animate is the feet moving around (and less often the hands e.g. when opening a door or leaning on a table). Does iClone have any features that enable hands/feet to be properly locked to make life easier?

And if so, will I need to buy the Pro package plus a separate thing called 3DXchange Pro as well to import/export to/from DAZ Studio?

Thanks

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 25 August 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4766
Joined  2004-07-01
cridgit - 25 August 2012 05:19 AM

Question for anybody who’s actually used iClone to animate - what frustrates me the most in DAZ Studio/Animate is the feet moving around (and less often the hands e.g. when opening a door or leaning on a table). Does iClone have any features that enable hands/feet to be properly locked to make life easier?

And if so, will I need to buy the Pro package plus a separate thing called 3DXchange Pro as well to import/export to/from DAZ Studio?

Thanks

1- yes - very nice
2- yes - if I am getting what you want to do

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

has foot and hand collision with terrain which is a feature I would love in Daz
you need 3dx5pro for rigged figure and model import and just exporting some mesh (Reallusion store bought stuff is locked to iClone)
does Google sketchup and warehouse models nicely.
rigged models and bvh needs pipeline for export plus licenses for Reallusion developer market place stuff.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01

don’t forget iClone has smart props - wish DS had them
” has foot and hand collision with terrain ” and props

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  861
Joined  2004-05-14

Thanks

You need iClonePro 5 and 3DXchange Pro 5 to import to iClone. See the link to the tutorial below:
Daz to iClone with 3DXchange 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lklKuuaQSws
If you wish also to import items from iClonePro 5 back to the DazStudio, then you need 3DXchange Pipeline 5:
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/pipeline/steps.aspx

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25
bigh - 25 August 2012 07:38 AM

do you have any news,
we will have smart props with terrain and hand + foot collisions in studio soon?
thinking to move to iclone and leave studio, animation is well done in iclone.

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
creativemodelsbe - 25 August 2012 07:51 AM

do you have any news,
we will have smart props with terrain and hand + foot collisions in studio soon?

Have no idea what DS 5 will have . They said there will be more animation tools .
Yes iClone is fun to use .

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-25

what frustrates me the most in DAZ Studio/Animate is the feet moving around (and less often the hands e.g. when opening a door or leaning on a table).

yeah that frustrates and bothers many of us.
I think iclone is real daz/poser killprogram.

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

on the old forum I had a thread were I tried to do foot collision in Carrara using target helpers, ik restraints and modifiers and track modifier
so far I can only do detachable “smart props” this way and feet that slide on the floor!

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-25
bigh - 25 August 2012 07:57 AM
creativemodelsbe - 25 August 2012 07:51 AM

do you have any news,

Have no idea what DS 5 will have . They said there will be more animation tools .
Yes iClone is fun to use .

do you think i can better wait until ds5 at christmas?
or move to iclone for animation.

Signature 

3 of 15