Digital Art Zone

2 of 5
genesis clothes problems?
Posted: 22 May 2014 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6746
Joined  2005-08-15

You don’t need to reinstall any content, just upgrade DAZ Studio to the latest version, and leave your content where it is.  All of your previous content will work, and remain where it is.

Posted: 22 May 2014 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8999
Joined  2007-11-06

You will need to install:
“Genesis Starter Essentials”
“Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials”
“Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials”
“Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio”

All other content will be left as is, whether purchased or created by you.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 22 May 2014 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

My Base DAZ Studio content folder now goes all the way back to DS2. It has been moved, renamed and added to very much from the DAZ Studio 2 days until now. All my content loads and works. When upgrading DAZ Studio only the Program changes. It does not change your content in anyway. I also still have DS2 folder a DS3 folder all plain too.

As long as your content is installed properly, as in not in the Programs Folders any more, and you configure the Paths in DAZ Studio properly your content will out last your Hard Drive. Mine has twice now. (Bad Drives but I have back ups.)

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 25 June 2014 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

Just for general info:
Its possible to have to have both DAZ3d Studio 4.0 and 4.6 installed on the same machine; I have had both installed together on the same machine and encountered no problems with doing so.  As well the new 4.6 version uses a newer type of database different from the ones used in older versions of daz3d.

Posted: 25 June 2014 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
KinnieM - 25 June 2014 08:05 PM

Just for general info:
Its possible to have to have both DAZ3d Studio 4.0 and 4.6 installed on the same machine; I have had both installed together on the same machine and encountered no problems with doing so.  As well the new 4.6 version uses a newer type of database different from the ones used in older versions of daz3d.

Not on the same partition unless one of the two versions is a Beta version. The default is for DAZ Studio to replace the older version. And two versions will most times share the configuration files even if one is a beta and the other is not.
I’m not saying it is not possible to do, it is just not standard default installs to have two full versions on a PC is all.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 26 June 2014 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

Your correct in that if you were using the installer it would be a bit trickier to have more then one on the same partition but using Dim you can download and then place the daz3d program version manually into the DAZ3D folder within the C drive Program folder without any issues (At least I have never encountered any) as long as each are named differently from each other. An example would be DAZ3D 4.6 and DAZ3D 4.0 folders.

At one point I had 4.0, 4.5 and two different versions of 4.6 and none were beta and all ran just fine; you just have to be comfortable doing things manually. The only reason I removed the different versions is that I really like the latest one and I was running out of space on my hard-drive.

Posted: 26 June 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes that would work, I’ll add this to my Tips and Tricks collection for keeping.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2014 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-05-18

I am on a mac I have problems with everything from Daz.

Posted: 15 October 2014 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8999
Joined  2007-11-06
stocks - 15 October 2014 10:12 AM

I am on a mac I have problems with everything from Daz.

What kind of problems?  Installing, finding, don’t work right,...?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 October 2014 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18

On my Apple Mac I have problems with all Daz products installing the manager, installing models. I have been on help support for days and missed several deadlines for my client the BBC. I just am unable to get a model to download and come into Poser it just impossible. My face goes grey went Daz is mentioned. I have wasted days and whole nights trying to make Daz products work. My colleagues have all given up trying and Im about to before I go out of business. Have 2 help tickets open and are getting nowhere with the level of support.

Posted: 15 October 2014 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5770
Joined  2005-08-29
stocks - 15 October 2014 02:14 PM

On my Apple Mac I have problems with all Daz products installing the manager, installing models. I have been on help support for days and missed several deadlines for my client the BBC. I just am unable to get a model to download and come into Poser it just impossible. My face goes grey went Daz is mentioned. I have wasted days and whole nights trying to make Daz products work. My colleagues have all given up trying and Im about to before I go out of business. Have 2 help tickets open and are getting nowhere with the level of support.

To establish a baseline for your problems, I need to know:
(1) What version of Mac OS X are you running?
(2) Will you use the models with Poser or with DAZ Studio?

I will ask more once these are answered, the only way to track down the problem to solve it.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 15 October 2014 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18

help support have got back to me but after repeatedly telling them that I use a Apple mac computer running 10.9.3 all the instructions are for a PC.

Posted: 15 October 2014 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18

OS X 10.9.3
Poser10, no idea what DAZ studio is or does.
File is Ape World 2 - Gorilla HD.
I need to pose just the hands for a magazine cover for the BBC.
Other files from last week are also not working but the deadline has come and gone and had to hire
a guy to do artwork instead.

Posted: 15 October 2014 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16369
Joined  2003-10-09

Are you using the DSON importer

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 October 2014 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18

No install manager 1.1.0.27 none has mentioned that. Have not idea what that is or how to find it. Is it a separate downloading program is it something that works from within Poser 10.

2 of 5