Posted: 20 May 2014 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1266
Joined  2010-09-29
scorpio64dragon - 20 May 2014 08:10 AM
DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 07:28 AM
barbult - 20 May 2014 01:40 AM

Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

Not everything will be an old item.

What about the PC weekly freebie, has that been stopped for this month?

Daily freebies for this promotion are in addition to the normal weekly freebie.  We didn’t launch the weekly freebie for this week today to keep everyone on their toes, but you’ll see one launch this week.

Posted: 20 May 2014 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
DaWaterRat - 20 May 2014 06:22 AM

I’m guessing that the Freebies don’t count as Punch items?  (‘cause if they do, that’s potentially very sucky for those of us who already have them.)

They do not count as punches.

Posted: 20 May 2014 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3108
Joined  2007-06-22
DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 09:23 AM
scorpio64dragon - 20 May 2014 08:10 AM
DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 07:28 AM
barbult - 20 May 2014 01:40 AM

Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

Not everything will be an old item.

What about the PC weekly freebie, has that been stopped for this month?

Daily freebies for this promotion are in addition to the normal weekly freebie.  We didn’t launch the weekly freebie for this week today to keep everyone on their toes, but you’ll see one launch this week.

Thank you

Posted: 20 May 2014 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2166
Joined  2012-02-04

Yes, thanks for the clarifications.

Posted: 20 May 2014 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2013-03-30
GigaBeat - 20 May 2014 02:14 AM

I haven’t been getting as much benefit from previous sales this year as they have been tied into adding a genesis 2 content in the cart for the discount to apply. Hopefully this round of sales does not require me to purchase genesis 2 content to get a discount on other items.

I agree. I love my Genesis figures and have bought quite a lot of content (NOT scenes!) but lately it’ seems to be all about Genesis2. Does this mean that Genesis is falling by the wayside and my people will be wearing old clothes? I’d like to see Giselle made to fit Genesis as I won’t be investing in G2F and all the poses, expressions etc.

I haven’t renewed my PC membership - there doesn’t seem to be much point in that for me anymore. long face

Posted: 20 May 2014 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1098
Joined  2012-10-10

DAZ_Jared, can you tell me what time does each freebie offering start - and end? I understand each offering will last 24 hours, but of which time zone: UTC, CET…? I will probably have to set an alarm raspberry.

Also, can you tell us - or at least prompt - if “Gated Courtyard” is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale’s page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it’s likely a bundle.

PS I was quite surprised nobody commented on the estimated date of shipping A6.

Posted: 20 May 2014 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
cecilia.robinson - 20 May 2014 12:17 PM

DAZ_Jared, can you tell me what time does each freebie offering start - and end? I understand each offering will last 24 hours, but of which time zone: UTC, CET…? I will probably have to set an alarm raspberry.

Also, can you tell us - or at least prompt - if “Gated Courtyard” is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale’s page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it’s likely a bundle.

PS I was quite surprised nobody commented on the estimated date of shipping A6.

Freebies go live with new releases which is Midnight Mountain Time so set your clocks for that.  They’ll be available for a period of 24 hours.  Obviously the weekly freebie is the exception as that will be available for a whole week.

I can’t get into the details too much about Dark Sisterhood and Gated Courtyard since they haven’t been released.  I will say this though, one of the bundle comes with Male themed content and the other comes with Female themed content…..  I’ll let you guys guess which is which grin

Posted: 20 May 2014 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10
DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 01:54 PM

I can’t get into the details too much about Dark Sisterhood and Gated Courtyard since they haven’t been released.  I will say this though, one of the bundle comes with Male themed content and the other comes with Female themed content…..  I’ll let you guys guess which is which grin

Thank you! It is enough information for me, I know which sounds better to me (hint: it can be paraphrased as “The Closed Palace” cool grin).

DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 01:54 PM

Freebies go live with new releases which is Midnight Mountain Time so set your clocks for that.  They’ll be available for a period of 24 hours.  Obviously the weekly freebie is the exception as that will be available for a whole week.

My luck! Then I am eight hours ahead of you, so I shouldn’t have to hurry. Yay!

PS Now I understand why I get “Early Bird Specials” so often while the others complain they’re too late cool grin...

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2005-03-08

with over 180 days till summer I should have some fun wink

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2008-05-05

This rocks!!  Picked up the few Jack sets that I didn’t already own.  (I just have to keep reminding myself that I bought Sacrament and Mortis at Jack’s store, and that I won Saba’a AlKair in a contest a while back, so I don’t buy them again!)  And I really hope that more of the upcoming “punchcard” new releases are a little less pricey—maybe more DAZ originals where my PC discount can soften the blow, lol.  All I know is that if each punch is $10 a pop, I’d need to spend $250 in the next month to earn the full discount.  ohh

Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1666
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

KaribousBoutique - 20 May 2014 05:46 PM

And I really hope that more of the upcoming “punchcard” new releases are a little less pricey—maybe more DAZ originals where my PC discount can soften the blow, lol.

Yeah…  I know the feeling.  I don’t even know if I’m going to make it to the 10% off level that I did with Giselle 6.  I’ve spent a LOT of money this month, mainly on Giselle.  (Softened slightly by an excellent deal on store credit at the end of last month.)

That said, DAZ does need to make money, or they can’t continue to buy/pay to have developed, this wonderful content for us, so I don’t expect the punches to be that inexpensive all told.

I’m getting used to looking at things I want, both in money and calorie terms, and saying to myself, ‘I can’t afford this.hmmm

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 21 May 2014 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5575
Joined  2006-02-20
Cypherfox - 20 May 2014 05:56 PM

I’m getting used to looking at things I want, both in money and calorie terms, and saying to myself, ‘I can’t afford this.hmmm

— Morgan

Calories I can afford ... but the other thing called “money” ... LOL

As for this promotion being tied to “no return” -
QUESTION: does that mean no partial refunds either, when stuff gets cheaper inside of 30 days?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 21 May 2014 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a little word about the choice offered by DAZ: too many items can only be used in DS 4.6…  No polemic here, just a personal thought.

I also agree with KaribousBoutique about the price of the Countdown 2 Summer items (though the same could apply to many new items that are not part of the Countdown 2 Summer promotion…).

Signature 

“When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”

Confucius

Posted: 21 May 2014 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

DAZ Water Pump and Grain Silo, Sushi Time One. That’s very lucky for me as I’ve been eyeing the latter one for quite a time. So far, everything is very versatile, thanks so much. I’m very excited to dream about the rest that awaits us (is the pool limited to props or hairstyles, clothes and characters will show up too?)... Is the sale going on up to those 25 days (counting in the start in May, that would make the 15th) or truly until the 30th of June?

And… AAVE NAINEN SALE! With one set for $3!!! Did I strand into Heaven? raspberry

Just please tell me how long it will last. I’d have to ready my card for that.

Posted: 21 May 2014 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
Kerya - 21 May 2014 12:09 AM

As for this promotion being tied to “no return” -
QUESTION: does that mean no partial refunds either, when stuff gets cheaper inside of 30 days?

Correct.

2 of 28