Digital Art Zone

1 of 28
Countdown 2 Summer Officially Begins
Posted: 19 May 2014 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1304
Joined  2010-09-29

In the summer time, when the weather is hot, you can stretch right up and grab some deals.  When the weather’s right you’ve got renders, you’ve got renders on your mind.

We’re so excited for summer that we’re counting down to it and that means savings for you.  Here’s how it is going to work:

1.  Every day there will be new releases.  Each new release gets you a punch (yes the old punch card mechanic) your punches max out at 25.

2.  Items are only punchable for 2 days, so make sure you get them within the first 2 days of their release.

3.  Each punch gets you the following 1% off of other punchable items, 2% off of Aiko 6 (to be released some time in June), 4% off either the Dark Sisterhood or Gated Courtyard products (to be released in June as well).
This means that if you get all 25 punches you could potentially save 25% on new punchable items, an additional 50% on Aiko 6 when she releases in June and 100% on either the Dark Sisterhood or Gated Courtyard when they release.  And all you have do is shop the new releases.

4.  There will be a different daily freebie each day of the month, so keep your eye out for that.  This freebie will be available to everyone, regardless of whether or not you purchase something.

5.  Along with the new releases there will be Premier Artist store sales and other frivolity.  Make sure you keep an eye on the Contdown 2 Summer Page for the latest and greatest news.

Some Caveats:
Actually, only one caveat.  Items purchased to receive punches, or items purchased with punch discounts are not eligible for return.  If you’d like to opt out of the sale contact customer service.

Posted: 20 May 2014 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2581
Joined  2012-02-04

Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 20 May 2014 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2007-11-09

I haven’t been getting as much benefit from previous sales this year as they have been tied into adding a genesis 2 content in the cart for the discount to apply. Hopefully this round of sales does not require me to purchase genesis 2 content to get a discount on other items.

Signature 

Eternity’s my home, the Universe my backyard, my mind is a playground, so let’s make it all art. tongue laugh
My little gallery: http://lbamagic.deviantart.com

Posted: 20 May 2014 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6459
Joined  2006-02-20
GigaBeat - 20 May 2014 02:14 AM

I haven’t been getting as much benefit from previous sales this year as they have been tied into adding a genesis 2 content in the cart for the discount to apply. Hopefully this round of sales does not require me to purchase genesis 2 content to get a discount on other items.

Todays non-Genesis2 items:
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/abandoned-factory
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/there-and-back-again-exporting-and-importing-models-using-daz-studio-4-ds4

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 May 2014 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1685
Joined  2012-10-10

Perfect! The new scheme is wonderful, it is a really smart marketing move. I think I managed to arouse interest for DS in a few of my acquaintances from DA, this sale is likely to tempt them raspberry. It’s nice to hear there will be Aiko, but I hope you will release more males before another female (you know, it’s like you were supporting harem enthusiasts: three males - Michael, Jayden and Gianni for Victoria, Gia, Josie, Olympia, Girl and Giselle: each of the guys can date two women at the same time… is that truly family-friendly?). If there is Aiko, there must be Hiro too. Regarding A6…  I estimate she may come out after the 15th of June. Why? Because today is the 20th of May, whereas the sale will last 25 days. This leaves us with the sale ending on the 15th and if A6 is supposed to bear a significant discount for people who buy several new releases covered by the event, she must not be available for purchase before Countdown To Summer ends.

I wonder if “Gated Courtyard” is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale’s page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it’s likely a bundle. It would probably be nice if you could estimate how much are we going to pay for the unreleased items (“Gated Courtyard”, “Dark Sisterhood” and A6).

Again, congrats for a smart marketing move. I cannot wait to see the offerings!

PS When you click on “Sales and Promotions”, the last thing to see is that retro sale. You can only reach Countdown To Summer by the moving banner when viewing things like Fast Grab (my luck I always start the site from it, otherwise I could have easily missed that!). Couldn’t you link back to S&P please?

Signature 

A PA sale creeps upon a victim from behind, punches it in the rear and runs away with its wallet.

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1147
Joined  2013-06-27

The punch card on the Summer Sales page doesn’t count anything you bought. The banner one works fine, though.

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-04-21

I’m also wondering if the free items are just going to be ones that have already been given to PC members for free. Being a PC member really shouldn’t be a disadvantage when it comes to the sales.

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2827
Joined  2007-12-25

If one has already “purchased” the freebies, can one still get the discount?

(Remember, folks, the freebies were free to non-PC members with purchase, and used to be free for everyone.)

Edited to add: I tried putting Kingdom of Marrakesh into my cart, but no discount on the checkout page, even though I already own Moon Gate.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8853
Joined  2004-07-21

It looks like that Giselle 6 pro bundle is included for punches but I got that when it first came out.  SInce I did not get it today or tomorrow does that mean it did not count?  I do not feel like rebuying Giselle 6 pro bundle.

edit: it looks like I got a punch so thank you.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1481
Joined  2006-07-04

I’m guessing that the Freebies don’t count as Punch items?  (‘cause if they do, that’s potentially very sucky for those of us who already have them.)

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-10-30
zigraphix - 20 May 2014 06:11 AM

(Remember, folks, the freebies were free to non-PC members with purchase, and used to be free for everyone.)

Edited to add: I tried putting Kingdom of Marrakesh into my cart, but no discount on the checkout page, even though I already own Moon Gate.

You could always ‘purchase’ the freebie again to get the discount on the associated sale store items. Remember though that the sale price (50% off) does not apply to the P(C $1.99) items in the sale artist’s store. But I don’t think the old freebies earn punches.

Charlie

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2566
Joined  2007-12-07
Kulay Wolf - 20 May 2014 06:21 AM

It looks like that Giselle 6 pro bundle is included for punches but I got that when it first came out.  SInce I did not get it today or tomorrow does that mean it did not count?  I do not feel like rebuying Giselle 6 pro bundle.

edit: it looks like I got a punch so thank you.

I’m in the same boat as you and could have sworn I had 0 of 25, but I see now i have 1 ... smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 20 May 2014 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2005-07-16

For once I’d love to enter DAZ, login and just pick up the freebies without:

* Cart screwing up
* Login taking ages
* Having to go through hoops to get to the freebie
* Having to do the above again for the second one

Seriously guys, this renewed store did not make things better, it just gave us users a bigger headache.

Signature 

My Karma ran over your Dogma

Scatha G11 freebie gun
http://www.sharecg.com/v/42558/view/11/Poser/ScathaG11

Posted: 20 May 2014 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
zigraphix - 20 May 2014 06:11 AM

You should be getting the discount if you purchased moongate.  You may need to log out and then back in to get added to the segment.  If you aren’t seeing the discount on Jack’s store then just add moongate to your cart.  Since it is free it isn’t going to affect anything.

Keep in mind that Jack’s store sale excludes items under $3.00 so you won’t see discounts on pc items and value items.

Posted: 20 May 2014 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
barbult - 20 May 2014 01:40 AM

Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

Not everything will be an old item.

Posted: 20 May 2014 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3378
Joined  2007-06-22
DAZ_jared - 20 May 2014 07:28 AM
barbult - 20 May 2014 01:40 AM

Not everything will be an old item.

What about the PC weekly freebie, has that been stopped for this month?

1 of 28