Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2554
Joined  2004-07-06

Plodding on…

Image Attachments
Inside_the_accelerator_anaglypherized3+crossover1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 17 July 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7444
Joined  2009-07-13

ok I know it is 1:30am in the morning for me
but
sitting in bed crosseyed turning my Android to try to see around those poddish things along the pipe in the tunnel is pretty silly even for me!!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 17 July 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Would you feel happier wearing a pair of red cyan goggles?

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 17 July 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

well I can see the paired images in perfect focus on my Android with my reading glasses on!
if I wear cardboard celophane ones I need a big monitor!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 17 July 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Well, as long as they work for some people.  They are nearly useless to me, I am producing them on faith alone.

Image Attachments
08-01_C_3D_setup_LR_in_camera_dots_24_v4+crossover1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

And with cake…

Image Attachments
B7_0_1_34__p4_s2_v1_anaglypherized2+crossover1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I actually have a downloaded app that lets me take a series of photos and produces sequenced red/cyan anaglyphs where you CAN turn the Android tablet around to look almost behind objects!!
will not let me save photos though in the free version.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 18 July 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2010-12-13

I love these images! grin I find these MUCH better than red/cyan, especially for color images. There are always color aberrations when using red/cyan on color images. But I was one of those kids who ran around grossing people out by crossing my eyes. LOL There does need to be something in the image that is easy to fixate on to align the images using the eye muscles. The first render of the dragon was more difficult than the rest. Once I have aligned the images, I can even move my eyes around in the image to see different parts.

I wonder if one of those old stereoscope viewers from before the days of the Vue Master could be adapted to stereoscopic viewing on a computer screen. Modern computer technologists would think it a giant leap backwards, but it might be useful in this context.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 18 July 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you Slimer… er… Mr Spud?  J?  Anyway, thank you.

Well, ironically, I can’t view these crossover images, so it makes it hard for me to asses.  Attempts to view these results in a profound headache for me.  The colour separation works very well even on cheap glasses with almost no ghosting, so maybe it’s differences in the hardware/wetware that matter.  All being well, we will supply this as well as the colour separation type.  And since yesterday, I’ve also sent along a version that works with the Stereoscope.

As it happens Horo sent me over a little stereoscope device a few years ago.  The drawback with my large flat screen monitors is that the image has to be 800x400 - providing two 400x400 pixel images.  At the viewing distance of the stereoscope the pixels are clearly visible even on the highest resolution of my monitor.  What is needed is a HD monitor only a few inches across - like a iphone screen…  That would have the advantage of a small enough image and a high density of pixels per inch.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3454
Joined  2004-10-01

@Slimer_J_Spud - anaglyphs are the cheapest way for 3D, they are easy to get a 3D effect but have the disadvantage of colour, and if viewed without goggles look mostly not very appealing.

Cross-viewed 3D images can be beheld even without any tricks, though without 3D effect. I’m not good at cross-eying and I agree that an object that is easy to fix is of great help. Once I get it, I can also move without losing it, but I get a hefty head-ache quite soon.

Parallel viewed 3D images come very easy to me. I just defocus until the pictures merge, then focus on the 3D result. No problem of losing it, Problem is, since they must not be wider than the eye distance, they are small. There are/were cheap viewers around for prints with an optic that helped looking parallel and magnified the picture a bit. I have over 50 renders I made for parallel 3D (2 renders with the camera a bit moved), put them side by side in a new picture and had prints made of them,

3D viewing has been around since photography started, 1880 or so. They were fashionable at some time, disappeared, reappeared, etc. I think composing 3D scenes in Bryce and then view them also in 3D is fascinating.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 July 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yep, it is called a 7” Samsung Galaxy Android tab!!
like I said, clear as can be on my Andriod!!
I have a 3D map viewer somewhere along with a hard bound book full of stereo paired images (some naughty) in my abbys of a spare room.
I viewed those mostly crosseyed,
got into it after studying geography at uni before dropping out and becoming a factory shitkicker.
did a lot of stereoscopic photos of my own too!
hence the purchase this week of nVidia 3D vision glasses I am eagerly awaiting the postie to deliver!
3D visuals have always has fascinated me prob because I am deaf in one ear so stereo sound can be confusing, I do hear in stereo by turning my head but cannot place direction, often a huge issue if I hear something outside and fear an intruder.
found my book and viewer! only $3 for the book! bargain!!! forum will not let me upload image

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

2 of 2