- Core i5 system wired into the keyboard/video/mouse switch. Dang the thing is FAST! Can’t wait to run my first render!
- The Asus looks painfully slow in comparison.. sigh. Might get a new machine just to get better graphics, too.
- New headphones/mic connected to the audio jacks instead of USB - CPU use went down, yaay!
- Backing up Drive C will take all day at this rate (argh)
- Need to shop before it hits 100F outside
The new Yamaha headphone/mic setup is better than my old one, not only does it connect to the audio jacks instead of chewing up a USB port, they’re made for DJs and music labs so the detail is a LOT better! Mixing and mastering in these will be more accurate.. cool!
Well, time to dress and shop - it’s already 84F and it’s not even 9:30AM.. I’m going to get some diet soda for the weekend, it’s going to be a SCORCHER! And I have 10,000 things to do before I an rest, but at least running cables is done. My computer station looks like a starship control deck - 2 laptops, a big monitor, the keyboard/mouse, the KVM switch, the backup drive, and a big cup o coffee. I need to buy a camera so I can take pics of this mess.. lol..
I guess next up it’s a recording studio setup, somehow. If I replace the Asus with an i3 system, I can use it for music production without worrying about running out of CPU. But I’ll be broke for months.. sigh.. argh.. meh.