Scavenger Hunt Contest! (Closed!)
New Prizes! Read on!
Okay, as you may have noticed, I'm rather annoyed by the new handling of the itemized order history, because I find it cumbersome to wade through. Anyway, I was trudging along the 3037 items in my history, and it occurred to me that this might be an opportunity for a little fun. Never being one to sulk for long, I'm instead going to offer a contest. The basic idea is that you will be conducting a scavenger hunt in your itemized order history. The items you "find" must be used together in a cohesive render.
1) The render must be new. (And honestly, I'm pretty sure that's a moot point. I cannot see how anyone could have used these random items together before!)
2) No size restrictions, they simply must fit the image rules of the DAZ forums.
3) Renders will be judged on
*Portrayal of a cohesive theme
*Making your scavenger hunt items the main focus of the render
*Technical skill and appearance
4) It's my contest, so I get to judge it. :P
5) No cheating -- will be somewhat easy to gauge, since your order history is alphabetized.
6) A list of the items from your "Scavenger Hunt" and the artists who created them must be included in your image's description, as well as any software used to create it.
7) Images must be posted as replies to this thread.
8) Two entries per contestant allowed, but they must use the same 5 scavenger hunt items
9) Other items may be used in the render, but they should not be the focus of the render
10) Postwork is allowed
11) Any 3D software (e.g., DazStudio, Poser, Bryce, Carrara, etc.) or 2D postwork (e.g., Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Gimp, etc.) software is allowed
12)Contest entries must be submitted by midnight (CST) on July 31. Entries coming in "just past the wire" will be accepted per the management's (me!) discretion. (I know that render times sometimes just don't cooperate.)
And, not a rule, but I'd love to hear the "story" of what's going on in your render in the comments. :)
Please read the instructions carefully! (They're complicated!)
If you open your order history, you will notice that you can change the number of items listed per page from 10 to 20 to 50. For the purposes of this contest, I will leave it up to you how many items you list per page. Someone with a small number of items will likely want to stick with ten. Someone with 3037 items (*cough*) should probably go with fifty.
At the top of your order history, you will see a navigation bar. It will look something like this: Page:
(Previous arrow) 1...54 55 56 57 58...61 (Next arrow)
This will be your navigation for finding your scavenger hunt items.
***NOTE*** if any of the items you find are SOFTWARE items, or are otherwise unusable in a render (platinum club renewal, CD backup, gift certificates, etc.), choose the next usable item above or below the unusable item.
It was also pointed out that some items present application conflicts. I'll apply the same rule for these instances. When two pieces of content cannot easily be used together (i.e., Carrara shaders and DS4 lights) You can choose which item you'll toss. Then, just as noted above, choose the next non-conflicting item above or below the item that doesn't work. This will be on the honor system.
If a chosen item is a bundle, you may use any part of the bundle you want.
Soooo. Here is how you will find your items. There are 5.
1) Start on page 1. Choose the third item from the bottom.
2) On page 1, look at the navigation bar and click the "..." link twice. (If your order history is too short for two "..." links, just press it once.) Choose the 7th item from the top.
3) From the MIDDLE page in your history (Okay, math time... take your last page number and divide by two. If your last page is an odd number, your middle page will be a decimal, so just round up.) choose the MIDDLE item. (If you're displaying 10 items, this would be item 5. If you're displaying 20 items, this would be 10. If you're displaying 50 items, this would be 25.)
4) Choose the last item on your last page.
5) Choose any item from any page number that could be snipped from your birthday numbers -- but you can't jumble the numbers. For example, if your birthday is 7-15-1971, you could choose pages 7, 1, 5, 9, 71, 15, 51, 19, 97, 71, etc...
And yes, I know some of us have content from several generations of Daz people. No excuses! Be creative!! :D
All items from my (admittedly anemic) Renderosity store AND a $25 DAZ gift certificate, and... the glory of victory?
NEW! Winner gets a choice of any one product (excluding bundles) Firstbastion's storefront here at DAZ
If anyone wants to donate other prizes, PM me.
I'll post a render of my own just for fun, as soon as I follow my OWN scavenger hunt! Happy Hunting!