Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2004-08-13
chohole - 15 July 2012 01:23 PM

Yes I won’t repeat what my Canadian friends would say if they were told they were American. I think the language would offend against the TOS.  Especially the ones from Quebec. Strange a lot of my Canadian friends seem to come from Quebec.

Yeah, the whole “You are not the only Americans” is so very Che Guevara, and a few decades out of fashion, I think.

Anyone who thinks tthat Molson is a prime example of good Canadian beer probably needs to get their tastebuds examined. I wouldn’t touch the stuff if I’d just been rescued after crawling for four weeks through the deserted badlands searching in dehydrated desperation in the hollows of fallen trees for puddles of raccoon urine. But give me some Whistler Bear Paw Honey Lager or some Philips Dirty Squirrel Hazelnut Brown, and I’ll be happy.

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11246
Joined  2007-11-06
chohole - 15 July 2012 02:19 PM

Do you know, all these people who are telling us what Canada does have have so far failed to mention the most important thing that Cananda does have,

It has a rguby team, a rugby union team at that. And it is actually not too bad a rugby team either.

Now that does impress me.

...good point.

...and their “American” style” football is played on a longer pitch than in the US.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2218
Joined  2003-10-09
Velvet Goblin - 15 July 2012 02:27 PM

Yes I won’t repeat what my Canadian friends would say if they were told they were American. I think the language would offend against the TOS.  Especially the ones from Quebec. Strange a lot of my Canadian friends seem to come from Quebec.

Yeah, the whole “You are not the only Americans” is so very Che Guevara, and a few decades out of fashion, I think.

Anyone who thinks tthat Molson is a prime example of good Canadian beer probably needs to get their tastebuds examined. I wouldn’t touch the stuff if I’d just been rescued after crawling for four weeks through the deserted badlands searching in dehydrated desperation in the hollows of fallen trees for puddles of raccoon urine. But give me some Whistler Bear Paw Honey Lager or some Philips Dirty Squirrel Hazelnut Brown, and I’ll be happy.

Comments on Canadian Beer almost starts to violate the TOS regulations on “Political” comments.  wink

Lets be careful on whose politics we tread

Rawn

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16110
Joined  2003-10-09

American football, huh. 

Here on the Celtic fringe of the UK we either admire those who play rugby (preferably rugbyunion) and those who play gaelic football.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
RawArt - 15 July 2012 02:47 PM
Velvet Goblin - 15 July 2012 02:27 PM

Comments on Canadian Beer almost starts to violate the TOS regulations on “Political” comments.  wink

Lets be careful on whose politics we tread

Rawn

...heck, there was even a film about it.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...by far, one of the roughest sports I’ve seen is not Hockey, Rugby, or even Aussie Rules FB, it;s Hurling.

...basically it’s kind of like hockey but played on a grass pitch with sticks (hurleys) and a small hard ball (sliotar). Use of the stick against an opposing player, while discouraged by rules, is still rather commonplace as it is in ice hockey.  Mind you, the players including, the goaltender, wear no protective pads as they do in Hockey.

The ball can be propelled fast, exceeding 90 mph.  “Tackling” involves use of the body (though shoulder “checking” is forbidden) or hurley.which includes two handed jabs or strikes.

The compulsory use of helmets with faceguards (in this sport which predates recorded Irish history) was only adopted two years ago.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16110
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes I suppose, with my association with clubs, that I should admire Hurling as well, but have to admit that I have been an afficianado of Rugby since I was around 11 years old, and by ‘eck that’s a few years ago.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 July 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2005-08-20

I would like to notify everybody that Canada has bacon!

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 15 July 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6286
Joined  2003-10-09

(Sings) “O Canada…” Sorry, that’s all the words I know.  I like everyone from everywhere (I’m from Tennessee). I like Canadian bacon…we have it on pizza here; it appears to be ham. *g* Our bacon is much more crispy, salty, and greasy and therefore more fun and artery-clogging (”...these are a few of my favorite things…”)
I won’t make fun of what some folks call “football” around the globe, mainly because those sports have been around longer and were the ancestors of our version. The main difference in my opinion would be that in the US version of football, the crippling, life-threatening injuries are more likely to occur on the playing field than in the stands.
BTW, not all of us Tennesseans are hillbillies (well, I am, but not all of us are).

Don’tcha just love OT threads?
cheese

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.’” - Dave Barry

Posted: 15 July 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2005-11-24
Sockratease - 15 July 2012 03:35 AM
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 01:29 AM

..Land of good beer and real hockey.

...just had to say that

...carry on

WHAT?

No Cows?

How bleak…

There’s cows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_famous.jpg

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2009-09-18
FirstBastion - 15 July 2012 07:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

Thanks for the memory…that was a classic commercial. 

Here’s another hockey themed one I really liked, the “Jerseyed” video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XdLheUC7kA

Posted: 15 July 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8174
Joined  2004-07-21

Canada seems to be great.  I visited Canada once and it was great.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 15 July 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7732
Joined  2009-07-13

Australia
will not say much more or everyone will want to come here!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 July 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8174
Joined  2004-07-21

It would be awesome to move to Australia.  too expensive to move to Australia.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

3 of 5