Digital Art Zone

.mat files
Posted: 14 July 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-05

It seems that Bryce 7 pro (free) doesn’t allow .jpg files to be imported, do I need to convert .tiff, .jpg to .mat files?

Posted: 14 July 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  0

How are you importing the jpg? Try clicking on the man character at the top tool bar and import a jpg there.

Don’t worry about .mat files. import an image normally and open the material library and save it that way. The library will generate the .mat file when you export from there.

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  444
Joined  2005-11-06

Bryce 7 does handle jpegs. You can apply a jpeg image to an object in the materials library Are you seeing error messages or can you explain further what the problem is you are experiencing?

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 15 July 2012 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2003-10-09

You didn’t mention your platform - there’s a horrible bug in the Mac version that prevents direct image import in any format.

Posted: 15 July 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  0
dan whiteside - 15 July 2012 06:24 AM

You didn’t mention your platform - there’s a horrible bug in the Mac version that prevents direct image import in any format.

Ah, now there’s something I did not know. Since I am on windows. Which kind of proves why it is important to post what operating system and other various data, that should always be included when posting an issue.

Name of the app
what version it is
What operating system it is running on
how much ram
any other data that deems to be pertinent.

Just throwing that out there for other new users. It just makes it easier to get the right answer.

Posted: 16 July 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-05

Normally I pick a .jpg from a folder I have and attempt to put it into the ‘user’ in the material group. When attempting to ‘import’ nothing shows up in the link other than .mat files.
e-machine
amd 2.60 GHz
mem: 2.00 GB
sys: 32-bit

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16786
Joined  2003-10-09

This may help   When on the first screen, click the “P” to get to the screen in the 2nd image, and then click on the next empty square to import your jpg from whre you have it saved on your HD.

Image Attachments
matlab_jpg_1.png
matlab_jpg_2.png
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3774
Joined  2004-10-01

And once you have what chohole explains above, do not forget to set the Materials Options to Blend Transparency.

Image Attachments
BT.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **