Posted: 16 July 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10756
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 July 2012 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3317
Joined  2009-08-05

What do you mean they have different geometry? Look at my attachments. These are all Genesis. Its the morph not geomerty that gets the toon look.

Image Attachments
1.jpg
chibi-girl-for-genesis-large.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  899
Joined  2012-02-03
Skiriki - 15 July 2012 03:59 PM

:o I suddenly realized that I saw that movie when it came out. Gah. Feeling OLLLLLLLLD now. And the song gives me shivers, oh yes it does.

You’re feeling old? I saw the movie when it came out, and I can’t for the life of me remember the song.  I need to pick up the dvd & watch it again now.

Posted: 16 July 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-03
Skiriki - 15 July 2012 02:47 PM

I do a lot of shape-blending myself. Just 2% to 5% of Aiko 3 Genesis shape to the head is enough to soften up mix of Basic Female head + V4 + V5 combination, for example. (I prefer Aiko 3 over Aiko 4, because Aiko 4 creeps me out.) I liberally borrow from a vast variety of figures—and I ignore gender as one of those things that happen to other people—if I want to create a bishounen look for my character, you bet that there’s going to be some female features pilfered from the female side of the divide and a butch half-orc warrior woman is definitely going to find some M5, maybe some Freak too, from her genetics.

We probably need to start a “Genesis Genepool Blender Society”...

Even if I am probably not one to buy Sadie (still on the fence about Hitomi), I totally welcome more ingredients to the Genesis genepool.

I don’t really find A4 creepy, but Noddy sure does that to me. That’s why I bought it; it’s kind of a disturbing version of Koko The Clown. I haven’t used it yet in a render, but I have some ideas for it. And I have to agree, the more dna in my Genesis genepool, the better.

Posted: 16 July 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3317
Joined  2009-08-05
riftwitch - 16 July 2012 08:17 AM

:o I suddenly realized that I saw that movie when it came out. Gah. Feeling OLLLLLLLLD now. And the song gives me shivers, oh yes it does.

You’re feeling old? I saw the movie when it came out, and I can’t for the life of me remember the song.  I need to pick up the dvd & watch it again now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qc8C6CXZc

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2011-10-04
riftwitch - 16 July 2012 08:24 AM

I don’t really find A4 creepy, but Noddy sure does that to me. That’s why I bought it; it’s kind of a disturbing version of Koko The Clown. I haven’t used it yet in a render, but I have some ideas for it. And I have to agree, the more dna in my Genesis genepool, the better.

I can’t even look at Noddy’s page. My coulorophobia kicks in. It is damn well crafted, but… *scoots under the bed* I’m not coming out until I’m sure it is not here. (Thus proving how well-crafted it is. Brrrrrr.)

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 16 July 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-03
Zev0 - 16 July 2012 11:36 AM
riftwitch - 16 July 2012 08:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qc8C6CXZc

Thanks, now I remember it. I seem to remember my mother singing the song when I was little. Now I’m remembering just how old I am…

Posted: 16 July 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-03
Skiriki - 16 July 2012 12:59 PM
riftwitch - 16 July 2012 08:24 AM

I can’t even look at Noddy’s page. My coulorophobia kicks in. It is damn well crafted, but… *scoots under the bed* I’m not coming out until I’m sure it is not here. (Thus proving how well-crafted it is. Brrrrrr.)

I’m not that bad, but there is something I do find creepy about clowns. I think that may be why the Joker has always been such an effective villain (not that being a psychopathic killer hasn’t helped…). Our roommate has an ex-boyfriend who she insists was so scared of clowns that he would jump out of a window to get away. If I had known that, and how abusive he was, back when they were together, I would have rented a clown costume; they had a third-story apartment.

But as far as Noddy goes, yeah, he’s creepy, but not so bad that I can’t do something with him. I may have to see if I can realize the picture in my head tomorrow night.

Posted: 16 July 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2005-01-19
Kendall Sears - 15 July 2012 03:12 AM
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 03:03 AM

...it’s not that I don’t like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She’s a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main “selling points’ for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a “realistic” Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie’s features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character.  Maybe add Sadie’s cute little head to Hitomi’s body, or Jasmin’s head onto Sadie’s body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl.  With Genesis, the options are infinite.  Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in “sculpting” other characters.  Already, we’ve see situations where toon characters’ features added to “realistic” figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

I want genesis Sadie. I’ve chibi girl, chibi boy, Nata, Jasmin, Jason, Hiro3, Aiko3,  and a new little friend is welcome. Smay’s Makva for genesis, Too!!

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 16 July 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10756
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest in a Sadie figure for Genesis.

I popped in to tell you that we are busy creating a Sadie figure for Genesis at the moment and to share an early work-in-progress render. This render is using Jazlyn’s texture and Jasmin’s top, but it will give you an idea of how close the figure will be to the original Sadie.

cheers,
Steve

Image Attachments
WIPSadieGenesis01.jpg

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2011-10-04

Ooooo, cute as a button!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 20 August 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12

Looks good.  Will she come with an Autofit clone?

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2003-10-09
Murgatroyd - 20 August 2012 06:34 PM

She is a genesis figure, so she will wear any genesis clothing.

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
3D Universe - 20 August 2012 10:53 PM
Murgatroyd - 20 August 2012 06:34 PM

She is a genesis figure, so she will wear any genesis clothing.

But will she have an autofit clone so she can wear Sadie’s old clothes?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

3 of 9