Digital Art Zone

1 of 9
Sadie to genesis?
Posted: 14 July 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2009-07-12

Will there ever be a sadie to genesis conversion / morph set?  she’s so cute, but so limited.

Posted: 14 July 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1870
Joined  2006-02-17
kurthurt - 14 July 2012 07:18 PM

Will there ever be a sadie to genesis conversion / morph set?  she’s so cute, but so limited.

Alexa asked this directly to 3DU about a week ago, and was told that work has already started, but there was no timeline.

Make more noise if you want Sadie to get all the clothes, hair, and morphs available for Genesis.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 14 July 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2009-07-12

thanks!

Noise?

okay

http://www.howcast.com/videos/225810-How-to-Make-the-Chewbacca-Noise

Posted: 15 July 2012 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12149
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 15 July 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 01:24 AM

...actually makes little sense as for one 3DU already has Jasmin and Amy (thought the need poses for the girl) and Sadie is just perfect the way she is.  There is little if anything Genesis could contribute to improving on the little sweetie.

She’s a toon figure, weight mapping means little to nothing as it only really benefits “realistic” models like Vicky.

But it does open a whole world of clothing and hair for Sadie that currently doesn’t exist.  So someone who uses a Genesis Sadie wouldn’t be restricted by only those items made for her.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 02:17 AM

...too much stock is placed on Autofit.  It still has some serious flaws.

...besides why would I want to use an application with a cumbersome UI and no plugin support when there is so much Freebie support for Sadie and I can do what I need with the original character (along with XD4 for clothing conversion) in 3A?

If I wanted to develop a young Toon Girl using Genesis, I’d just use Jasmin or Amy and dial in the child body shape.

Regardless, it was indicated that work has started on her conversion.  When she is ready, those who want to buy her will, those who don’t - won’t.  I know a few folks who really want a Genesis version of her, and they have money set aside to buy her.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3377
Joined  2007-06-22
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 02:17 AM

...too much stock is placed on Autofit.  It still has some serious flaws.

...besides why would I want to use an application with a cumbersome UI and no plugin support when there is so much Freebie support for Sadie and I can do what I need with the original character (along with XD4 for clothing conversion) in 3A?

If I wanted to develop a young Toon Girl using Genesis, I’d just use Jasmin or Amy and dial in the child body shape.

YOU might not but others might, just because you don’t like Genesis or DS4 doesn’t mean everyone feels the same way.

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 03:03 AM

...it’s not that I don’t like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She’s a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main “selling points’ for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a “realistic” Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie’s features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character.  Maybe add Sadie’s cute little head to Hitomi’s body, or Jasmin’s head onto Sadie’s body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl.  With Genesis, the options are infinite.  Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in “sculpting” other characters.  Already, we’ve see situations where toon characters’ features added to “realistic” figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3480
Joined  2009-08-05
Kendall Sears - 15 July 2012 03:12 AM
Kyoto Kid - 15 July 2012 03:03 AM

...it’s not that I don’t like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She’s a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main “selling points’ for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a “realistic” Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie’s features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character.  Maybe add Sadie’s cute little head to Hitomi’s body, or Jasmin’s head onto Sadie’s body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl.  With Genesis, the options are infinite.  Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in “sculpting” other characters.  Already, we’ve see situations where toon characters’ features added to “realistic” figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

Fully Agree. Those who use Genesis are used to being spoiled with choice. We like to mix and match because we can. Those who don’t really use genesis won’t understand. We all at one stage have thought wouldn’t it be cool to mix figure A with a little bit of Figure B. Now we can. Also Sadie on Genesis will bend better than the Sadie stand alone figure. And will have all the morphs in the world from other figures. Why settle for the original when you can have it on a better base platform with endless possibilites?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Did you hide aiko3 head and sadie body?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...[post removed]

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

I used to do that method but when you want to apply a pose to it then the shit hits the fan in most cases and you have to manually adjust rotations. Also you have to hide the neck or the area where sadie meets aiko will show unless you fix it in postwork. All of that I don’t do anymore. For one, you use more resources having two figures loaded. And two, Matching textures is a real pain. What if I want to use a lovely v4 texture on both? Aint gonna happen unless I take both into texture converter and make two conversions. That is already a good solid 20 minutes wasted. See all the dissadvantages of old school? Its long, and tacky and limited. Genesis saves me so much time. I cringe now everytime I open up another figure. With Genesis this is what the process would be. 1. dial up aiko3 body and Sadie head. Step two, apply v4 texture. Wont take me more than 3 min to get the same result. And Im not limited to just aiko3’s wardrobe.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Zev0 - 15 July 2012 04:41 AM

I used to do that method but when you want to apply a pose to it then the shit hits the fan in most cases and you have to manually adjust rotations. Also you have to hide the neck or the area where sadie meets aiko will show unless you fix it in postwork. All of that I don’t do anymore. For one, you use more resources having two figures loaded. And two, Matching textures is a real pain. What if I want to use a lovely v4 texture on both? Aint gonna happen unless I take both into texture converter and make two conversions. That is already a good solid 20 minutes wasted. See all the dissadvantages of old school? Its long, and tacky and limited. Genesis saves me so much time. I cringe now everytime I open up another figure. With Genesis this is what the process would be. 1. dial up aiko3 body and Sadie head. Step two, apply v4 texture. Wont take me more than 3 min to get the same result.

Don’t forget that you don’t have to go filtering clothes…  Not A3, hmmm, is that A3?  Nope, its S4.  A3?  Nope, V4.  What about this?  Hey!  This is A3, but it doesn’t have the right morphs…. :-(

Not a problem anymore.

Kendall

Signature 

1 of 9