Digital Art Zone

What’s the best way to convert clothing from A3 to V3?
Posted: 14 July 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2006-07-16

I know I can try converter software but I can’t help thinking there’s a more elegant and precise method, since AFAIK A3 and V3 use the same mesh.  Isn’t there a way to inject the base V3 geometry into A3 clothing?  If I can get A3 clothing to fit the base V3 shape, then I consider it converted since after that I can use Morphing Clothes to inject V3’s morphs.

Posted: 14 July 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15695
Joined  2003-10-09

Using the same mesh isn’t relevant here - if you think about it, you could replace the A3 mesh with a new mesh of the same basic shape but a totally different topology and clothes would still fit (though morphs on the base figure wouldn’t work). Unfortunately there isn’t any sure-fire automatic conversion from one figure to another.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 July 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  594
Joined  2003-10-09

Wardrobe Wizard or Crossdresser

Neither is perfect

Both are pretty good

Some clothing converts very well & some very badly

You will still need to add morphs.

Posted: 15 July 2012 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

You could try using the Genesis V3 and A3 shapes.  Set Genesis to V3 and then let autofit convert the clothing from A3.  Once it is in the pose you want, create a geometry shell.  Convert that to OBJ, or transfer it to a V3 figure.

It’ll get you a mesh.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 15 July 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3034
Joined  2004-04-14

Morphing Clothes is. imho, the best option for adding character morphs to clothes.  Doesn’t matter if the clothes were converted or not.  Will work for any clothing item for any figure.

I have a quick tutorial fom MC Here: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143030

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**