I changed my hard disk, mount the XP 32 new, all the MS updates…. all was fine and speed.
I install Hexagon 2.5, and later DAZ4 Pro.
The problem is that DAZ use 3 diretories:
- documents and settings
During the installation I tried to avoid the document and settings changing this to other one, ( documents and settings was the cause of lot of problems for my old system ) and the C: ( not a clean policy use the root ) to a subfolder of C.
All the installation was fine, I remounted all the characters and components as new, and their installers detected ok the directories that I purpossed instead the defaults. All was right. Only mention that the CONTENT seemed to detect Genesis in a different way as Michael 4 or Victoria 4, putting them in different sections.
Now I have 2 problems:
1- If I try to export an object from Hexagon to DAZ4 it does not nothing. No messages, no action, no traslation. Daz doesn’t start.
2- If I try to load an existing scene of DAZ created before this installation, there are errors and the scene is not charged. The log file says a lot of errors about it doesn’t find “4_0_2” ... Genesis or “4_0_2” ... Sally Mae.
Before this clean installation of 4, I was using a 4 mounted over an old DAZ3. I don’t find in a backup of this that 4_0_2 subfolder, but yes a 3_0 subfolder. I tried to copy all that content ( all the 3_0 subfolder ) but there was not changed. I renamed the 3_0 to 4_0_2. The same. Not changes.