Posted: 14 July 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
de3an - 14 July 2012 12:30 AM
Kendall Sears - 14 July 2012 12:25 AM

How about this:

The people running the forums don’t want to support them.  They really don’t need a reason why.

Kendall

Then that’s what they should say.
I’d accept that as an answer.

Hehe, I was kind of thinking before I even opened this thread to read it, sometimes the best answer is the one parents have been using for countless generations (as inscribed in Egyptian hieroglyphics)  “Because I said so!” Course, earlier man said it better even: “why…” “thunk” (insert picture with Mec4D’s chars here) ;p

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7787
Joined  2006-03-19

ROFL. I just got a mental picture of a caveman hitting the wife over the head and then dragging her by her hair like in the cartoons.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 14 July 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
RoguePilot - 14 July 2012 04:57 AM

it now feels to me that people are looking for things to be angry about.

Ya think?

Can’t think why.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 14 July 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17
Frank0314 - 14 July 2012 11:58 AM

ROFL. I just got a mental picture of a caveman hitting the wife over the head and then dragging her by her hair like in the cartoons.

In Chohole’s case, it’s her dragging himself.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 14 July 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

It would be like a poll questioning which is worse; infighting or inbreeding… One leads to broken bones and black eyes, while the other leads to light brain damage.

Or worse polls. It would be fun in the beginning, but then it all starts, and Richard will need to pull out the club.

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2007-01-20
wendy♥catz - 14 July 2012 06:51 AM

[snip]
...I think a poll on who is hotter? M4, David3, Apollo Maximus or Hiro toon would get more responses tongue wink

Oh no!  Don’t you dare make me choose between David and Apollo.

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-20
Kendall Sears - 14 July 2012 12:25 AM

How about this:

The people running the forums don’t want to support them.  They really don’t need a reason why.

Kendall

This might be true if people had not created any polls, but once polls were created and then admins/mods deleted them, an explanation was rhetorically necessary and common courtesy to boot.  And since we aren’t 6 anymore, a “because we said so” just doesn’t cut it.

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-20
RoguePilot - 14 July 2012 04:57 AM

Can’t see the big deal.

DAZ never had user polls before, so why start now. There’s plenty of other places where you can start a poll and then link to them.

Why would anyone take offence about such a trivial matter, it now feels to me that people are looking for things to be angry about.

Thats’s my personal view.

There is nothing wrong with asking why polls aren’t allowed.  Just because one asks doesn’t mean one is angry or that he or she is looking for things to complain about.  In fact, it seem to me some are merely surprised that a feature that they liked, that worked (when so many other things did not)  was suddenly taken away.  It’s a fair question.  It doesn’t really matter that is was not allowed before.  After all, DAZ migrated their entire website here primarily to do things differently because the other software was outdated, gerry-rigged to the point of inefficiency, and limited future expansion.  So I can see people expressing their desires and hopes for the new site.

2 of 2