Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Make minor changes to clothing in Hex?
Posted: 08 April 2014 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2012-07-20

Alright… about ready to throw in the towel and pursue an alternative that will both work, and allow me to retain my sanity.

I finally got DAZ to let me name a morph, and found the morph. But when I try to use it, depending on which direction I move the slider, one sleeve goes down, the other one up, and the ENTIRE GARMENT LEAVES THE MODEL’S BODY. What the hell?! What am I doing wrong?!

Posted: 08 April 2014 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2280
Joined  2005-09-05
masi3vee - 08 April 2014 11:28 AM

Alright… about ready to throw in the towel and pursue an alternative that will both work, and allow me to retain my sanity.

I finally got DAZ to let me name a morph, and found the morph. But when I try to use it, depending on which direction I move the slider, one sleeve goes down, the other one up, and the ENTIRE GARMENT LEAVES THE MODEL’S BODY. What the hell?! What am I doing wrong?!

sorry I’ve only just seen your posts when I got up this morning. I’m in Australia so there is some time difference unfortunately.
Just read very quickly through your posts.  First, if the dialog box doesn’t pop up it means that you have added to the vertices or models. Give me some time to wake up properly and I’ll see if I can put something together with some pictures.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 April 2014 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-20

Oh, no worries there… I don’t expect you to be here snap-snap, you know. :p

The reason for the lack of a prompt was because, for some reason, my Hex always tries to open a new iteration of DS. So I had to make sure I had the scene loaded in DS because, if DS does not find an object of the same name in the scene as the one coming in from Hex, it will import it as a prop. So that issue is solved.

The current issue, though, is that I named the morph, found it in DS Parameters, and all that. But when I tried to use it, it raises one sleeve, lowers the other, and moves the clothing object off of the model.

Meantime, I did a quick and dirty with two deformers. It looks good for the time being, and saved me from throwing my computer onto the driveway.

I still would love to sort this, because i’s driving me nuts, but don’t spend too much time on it.

Posted: 09 April 2014 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2012-10-13

Thanks for that tutorials link (http://www.geekatplay.com/hp1.php), just what i needed to get my first steps with Hexagon smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2014 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-20

Pendraia, any more thoughts on why I might be having that strangeness in Hex? Was playing around a little more… still no luck.

2 of 2