Digital Art Zone

Life’s a box of chocolates
Posted: 13 July 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2009-02-09

A free box of chocolates is available for download to every visitor of my newly refurbished web shop “The 3D Clothes & Buildings Store” as a welcome gift.

The zip files contains this prop in Daz format and OBJ format so that everyone can use it.

When you visit the shop, look for a thumbnail of the image below, which is a Daz render of this prop, and click on it to download the zip file.

Enjoy your chocolates and thank you for visiting grin

Image Attachments
chocolate.jpg
 Signature 

The 3D Clothes & Buildings Store

Posted: 13 July 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-09

Thank you to everyone who has visited my shop, I hope that those of you who saw the link and downloaded this prop will enjoy the box of chocolates

However, a number of visitors have missed the download link - if my site was a real life shop, then they walked right past it.
May I suggest to look at the whole of each page you visit, the link is there it just doesn’t jump in your face the moment you hit the first page. wink

Signature 

Posted: 13 July 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

ahhhh…. chocolates, you never know what you get inside… after all. isn’t life like a box of chocolates???thansk for this one staffa24

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 14 July 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-09

You’re most welcome, jeeperz

don’t eat them all at once wink

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2003-10-09

MMMMM tasty, thank you for them, staffa24 (michael just gained another 5 pounds LOL)

Posted: 15 July 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2700
Joined  2010-11-30
Staffa24 - 13 July 2012 12:41 PM

Thank you to everyone who has visited my shop, I hope that those of you who saw the link and downloaded this prop will enjoy the box of chocolates

However, a number of visitors have missed the download link - if my site was a real life shop, then they walked right past it.
May I suggest to look at the whole of each page you visit, the link is there it just doesn’t jump in your face the moment you hit the first page. wink

I found the render, but I didn’t find the download link.

(No, no - don’t tell me. I’ll go look again once the current heat wave has broken, I’ve had some sleep, and am able to notice things again…)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-11-26

Thank you for the Chocolates.

The DIV markup containing the image of the chocolates does not display in Firefox nor does the link for the Zip download.
It was driving me crazy looking through the site but once I opened your site up in MS Internet Explorer there it was.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Posted: 15 July 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  357
Joined  2005-11-24
Cameron - 15 July 2012 04:09 PM

The DIV markup containing the image of the chocolates does not display in Firefox nor does the link for the Zip download.
It was driving me crazy looking through the site but once I opened your site up in MS Internet Explorer there it was.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Ah that was my problem, I was using Firefox. Was just going to report I saw it but couldn’t get a link so I guess I’ll try it in IE.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7827
Joined  2004-07-21

now we need a Tom Hanks morph for Michael 4 or Michael 5 and a bench that is found at bus stops.

Thanks for the freebie.  I will try to download it after I get some sleep.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 16 July 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-09

You’re all most welcome to the chocolates

@trill : sorry about Michael, maybe find him a workout tool so he can lose those pounds again wink

robkelk
I’ll go look again once the current heat wave has broken

Don’t know which one of us is the better off, I’m having the heating on because it’s only 19 degrees centigrade (Celsius)

Cameron - 15 July 2012 04:09 PM

Thanks again,

Cameron

Cameron, thanks for letting me know.
I coded the site first in Firefox (screenshot below) then checked in IE if everything was working well.
What version of Firefox do you use, maybe I should upgrade mine. Every browser version has its own tricks and there are too many to install them all to check what works and what doesn’t grin

Image Attachments
firefox.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-11-26
Staffa24 - 16 July 2012 01:54 AM

Cameron, thanks for letting me know.
I coded the site first in Firefox (screenshot below) then checked in IE if everything was working well.
What version of Firefox do you use, maybe I should upgrade mine. Every browser version has its own tricks and there are too many to install them all to check what works and what doesn’t grin

Staffa,
I’m using FF 13.0.1 on Windows 7 64bit.

Here’s a quick render in Poser.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Image Attachments
Firefox1301.jpg
Chocolates4.jpg

Posted: 16 July 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Opera 11.something doesn’t show it either—it doesn’t show it even in page source! O_o Now I do have it, ‘cause I have several browsers installed (I also do web pages, so I have to test them), but that was pretty weird. I thought I was going blind or something…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 16 July 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-09

Cameron, thank you for showing your render, looks wonderful. I especially like the way you added a bumpmap/displacement map to the chocolates, great idea !

To all who want to download this box of chocolates

Seeing the download link on a page does not depend on what browser you are using, it depends on viewing the whole page before moving on to the next one.

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24

Yum!  Thanks smile

Thanks also for your Genesis clothes & pillow!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 26 July 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2008-05-26

Hmmm..I still cannot see the download link using the latest firefox version or IE.  I go to the Gallery (since this is the only area I can find this freebie), click on the small icon for the box of chocolated, it opens the large image, but no download link.  what am I doing wrong?  It does not show under the “freebie” category.

Image Attachments
Lifes_a_box_of_chocolates.jpg
 Signature 

Never let ‘em see you sweat wink

Posted: 28 July 2012 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-09

Sorry about the late reply, I was finishing the Bungalow project and did not check in here that often and the email alerts have either stopped or are broken shock

@Alisa Uh-Lisa, you are most welcome, I hope they come in handy for you

@LuluBelle1271

a/ which browser you use is irrelevant, the link will show in all browsers

b/ imagine that a shop in your neighbourhood has been refitted and at the re-opening they are giving away a freebie, would they
- put a pile of freebies outside the front door on the pavement (freebie category)
- hang the freebie amongst the other decorations in their coffee shop (gallery)
- or would staff hand them out to visitors throughout the store ?

find the right answer and you’ll find the download link wink

Signature