Digital Art Zone

Transferring morphs from one v3 to another
Posted: 12 July 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2006-07-16

I have a couple of v3 characters I dialed in in Poser years ago and then created FBMs.  I want to put those FBMs into the V3 CR2 I keep with all V3 morphs pre-loaded.  I’m currently using Morph Manager but let’s face it, MM is pretty crappy for this kind of thing.  Going through a zillion body parts and clicking “copy” for each and every one makes me feel like I should be riding the short bus for putting up with this nonsense.

Anybody care to recommend a different option?  Before DAZ nuked their own forums in the single greatest instance of a company shooting themselves in the foot that I have ever witnessed, I would have tried Google-Fu, but now Google just returns an endless wasteland of dead links and cache files with links that don’t go anywhere.

Edit: great, MM rewarded my short-bus efforts by transferring the morph for each and every body part, but no FBM dial.  Yay.

Posted: 12 July 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14288
Joined  2003-10-09

MM has a bug - it won’t show FBMs unless you first load a pz2 into that slot, then the cr2. However, in DS you can export an OBJ for the morphed but otherwise zeroed figure, then use Morph Loader pro to load it back in (make sure you use the same preset in both OBJ export and Morph Loader) which should be a bit quicker. Assuming you are using DS4, you have MLP and the CR2 exporter to save the figure back pout.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 12 July 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-16

I forgot about that bug.  MM is one of those programs I use about once a year, so I have to re-learn everything every time I use it.  Thanks Richard.

Posted: 13 July 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5906
Joined  2006-02-20

Did you try cr2editor? It’s free too:
http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlutility.html

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 14 July 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-16

I have it sitting on my drive but I’ve never used it.  I downloaded it during one of my once-a-year times a few years back but didn’t do much more than open it, look at it, and close it.  smile

Posted: 15 July 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5906
Joined  2006-02-20

I used it to get my Dali morphs for the BJD into the BJD2 cr2 ... it worked. smile

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org