Wouldn't It Be Nice If SmartProps Worked With More Than Just One Figure... [DS/Poser Helpers]
N.B. my "post #123" type links don't work because the new forum software introduced in late 2014 broke them all. It destroyed all my careful cross-linking. Bug report 184071 (basically "Please fix the old style links!") raised Jan 2015 is still open... but I reckon on seeing pigs flying over a frozen hell before that gets done.. ;o)
Latest News On This Project
28th Mar 2016: Poser SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1 - this post.
27th Mar 2016: DAZ Studio SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1 - this post.
Current to-do list (which I'm updating mainly for my own benefit) now on this 24th February 2016 post - (old link removed)
Separate thread for list of supported figures - Smart+/PropGoto+ List Of Supported Figures
Separate thread for list of supported standard props - Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list
Original Post Starts Below...
Wouldn’t It Be Nice If SmartProps Worked With More Than Just One Figure...
How about smartprops that work with around 50+ different figures?
Smartprops that are smart enough to automatically apply an appropriate hand pose?
That's the idea behind the five Smart+ Poser props, the PropGoto+ Poser pose file, and the associated PoserPython scripts in my latest "Generic Smart+ And PropGoto+ For Poser 6+" freebie upload (N.B. DAZ Studio version also available - see links at the topof this post)
- ShareCG: http://www.sharecg.com/v/75429/gallery/11/Poser/Generic-Smart+-And-PropGoto+-For-Poser-6+
- Renderosity Freestuff: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=73724 I've removed all my freebies from Renderosity
Five Smart+ Props included:
- Dha (S.E.Asian sword)
- Three S.E. Asian shields
- A water jar scoop
PropGoto+ allows you to:
- Move a previously loaded Smart+ prop from anywhere in the scene to any supported figure's hand, including from one hand to the other, or from one figure's hand to another figure's hand.
- Move an ordinary prop (i.e. non-Smart+) in the same way as a Smart+ prop by using a Smart+ 'DummyHand' proxy (this is a little bit more complex, but once you know how it's very easy - instructions included in the PDF User Guide, and a couple of helper poses/scripts are included to make it easier)
Three PDF guides included:
- A User Guide - the basics
- A Datafile Guide - how to edit the datafile to add support for new figures, adjust parameters for existing figures, and delete figures you never use.
- A 'Make Your Own Smart+ Props' guide - intended for people who use many different figures, and want to convert their existing props to work with the Smart+/PropGoto+ functionality.
Supported figures with the default release 1 datafile :
- DAZ Gen 1-2: Aiko, Michael 1/2, Stephanie, Victoria 1/2.
- DAZ Gen 3: Aiko 3, David, Hiro 3, Laura 3, Luke 3, Michael 3, Stephanie Petite 3, The FREAK, The Girl, Victoria 3.
- DAZ Gen 4: Michael 4 (and Hiro 4, The FREAK 4), Victoria 4 (and Aiko 4, She-Freak 4, Stephanie 4, The Girl 4).
- DAZ Gen 5: Genesis (original base figure only).
- Poser 5: P5 Don, P5 Judy.
- Poser 6: P6 James, P6 Jessi, Miki2, Miki4.
- Poser 7: G2 Simon, G2 Sydney, G2 James, G2 Jessi.
- Poser 8: Alyson, Ryan.
- Poser 9: Alyson2, Ryan2 (and Tyler).
- Sixus 1: Adam2, Behemoth, Behemoth2, HER, HIM, Project Human Female, Project Human Male, Thrusty.
- Kirwyn's: K, KEZ, KEZ-WM, KOZ-WM.
- Others: Antonia, Apollo, Cynthia (BVH), Dawn (Hivewire), F202 Dollie, MayaDoll, The Princess/Heroine (Dark Anvil)
Release 2 added these ten additional figures:
- Orc, Goblin, Dwarvez, Anime Girl Kristin, Britta, Scrum, PollyGon, DarkWhisper’s Sara2, PHF LoRes Female, Genesis 2 Female