Digital Art Zone

70 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7
Posted: 17 August 2014 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1036 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  801
Joined  2006-05-26
GussNemo - 17 August 2014 01:13 AM

@C Tippetts:  Yeah, those flat tops seem to occur no matter what I do; I’m just following the tutorial as closely as possible.  I don’t know if there’s a setting that can help alleviate that or not, I’ll have to keep playing around.

@mermaid:  So, I guess you’re going around in circles?:)

Here’s another volumetric cloud I just finished, after mucking around for awhile.  Any and all comments and/or suggestions are gladly accepted.

When David was first developing this recipe for clouds he purposefully turned them upside down. In nature the bottoms would be flat and the tops would be dynamic. But since most shots of clouds are taken from a low perspective David figured having dynamic undersides would be more feasible, putting the good stuff in view. What we really need is a way to make both the tops and the bottoms dynamic, but so far that ideal has eluded me. Perhaps David has some new methods since these were developed.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 17 August 2014 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1037 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  877
Joined  2008-11-26

Guss - I’m inspired by your efforts, you got much better results than I did when I tried David’s tutorial.

Thanks Horo, I looking into animation because I want to do more with then the lens than just going in circles. wink smile

Posted: 17 August 2014 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1038 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  757
Joined  2010-02-18

Sometimes after battle, Vic and Drag like to take selfies LOL

Jay
(posed in DS, rendered in Bryce)

Image Attachments
Selfie.jpg

Posted: 18 August 2014 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1039 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo:  I may have tried thickening the slab, I can’t remember after doing so many.  I’m not happy how single clouds in my images are like pancakes.  I have been toying with an idea of reorienting the slab to see what changes.  Flipping the slab on its side then widen it and see what happens.  It’s just an idea at the moment, and one I may pursue after I’m able to use the controls much better.

@Rashad:  It would also be good if somehow the bottoms could be “fluffed” as seen in real clouds.  That would go a long way in helping to define the clouds.

@mermaid:  Thank you for the confidence, you should see the ones that got away.  I can’t tell you how many times I watched the volumetric clouds part 1 video.  But I watch a bit, then do that part, watch more, etc.  When something doesn’t quite work, I’ll rewind the video to see what I missed, and have another go.  I’ve done so many I now can almost set everything up without missing something.  ALMOST!.  I’m also starting to see how small changes can make huge changes.  Once I’m over confident LOL I’m going to start seeing if I can’t place the clouds where I want and the shape I want.  I might be 80 when that happens. wink

@Jay:  Such a cute image.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 18 August 2014 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1040 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3823
Joined  2004-10-01

@Jay - great idea, nicely done.

An overview of one of the new islands (H). Again 3 similar terrains in different resolutions stacked.

Image Attachments
IsleH-Overview.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 August 2014 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1041 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1774
Joined  2007-12-10

It took 2 days to put together another 7 seconds of the animation but it’s starting to come together nicely (ish).

Not finished by any means but here’s the latest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ua8jlV7UU

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 18 August 2014 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1042 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  801
Joined  2006-05-26
TheSavage64 - 18 August 2014 03:57 AM

It took 2 days to put together another 7 seconds of the animation but it’s starting to come together nicely (ish).

Not finished by any means but here’s the latest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ua8jlV7UU

Wow. That’s amazing! I love it!

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 18 August 2014 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1043 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Thanks Rashad. I’ve still got to sort the lighting out because in the finished version I want the study room to be candle lit.
I’m thinking a large candle melted on top of a skull sitting on the desk.
Also the shelves will have more misc stuff on them instead of being solely populated with products… Books, jars and ornaments to create clutter.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 18 August 2014 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1044 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  877
Joined  2008-11-26

Jay - that’s so funny, thanks for brightening a blue Monday, a very nice render

Guss - I do the same as you do. Both David’s and Horo’s videos are awesome, and most of those found on Bryce-info too,  but I get frustrated so easily that is why I leave it for a while before going back to it later. I find that the 5th or 6th time round, I understand the concepts better too. wink

Horo - another stunning render

Dave - Wow - Awesome, I love it.

Posted: 18 August 2014 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1045 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-11-27

@Horo - Another wonderful beauty. Is the “H” for Horo? Waiting to see the “W” island.  (Hmmm ... “W” island. That reminds of the scene in It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World just before Jimmy Durante “kicks the bucket”.)

@TheSavage64 - I’m not sure a skull candle holder is going to fit in with your hardware supplies collector theme. Or, is it the hardware store theme that doesn’t go? None the less, if you do use a candle on the same desk as the book, it would be cool if you could add a slight variation in your lighting as the book opening disturbs the air by the candle, then stabilizes again as you zoom in on the words. Candles don’t always flicker, but it’s hard to move anything around them without a flicker. You can do it. I know you can.

Posted: 18 August 2014 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1046 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-27

I made a cloud. It’s really a political statement about apathy. It’s called “Until the Storm’s Upon Us, it’s All Just Distant Rain”.

I left PLENTY of room for criticism. It’s my first real try that came anywhere close to working. (Believe me, you don’t want to see previous attempts. Let me just say groups of metaballs do nothing for clouds.)

Image Attachments
TilTheStormsUponUsItsAllJustDistantRain_Small.jpg

Posted: 18 August 2014 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1047 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
CTippetts - 18 August 2014 08:30 AM

@TheSavage64 - I’m not sure a skull candle holder is going to fit in with your hardware supplies collector theme. Or, is it the hardware store theme that doesn’t go? None the less, if you do use a candle on the same desk as the book, it would be cool if you could add a slight variation in your lighting as the book opening disturbs the air by the candle, then stabilizes again as you zoom in on the words. Candles don’t always flicker, but it’s hard to move anything around them without a flicker. You can do it. I know you can.

People usually come to me expecting “quirkyness”... The story is of the company and how it started.
I’m portraying the founder as a wizard working on his potions and developing his magic glues and building chemicals… Yes, the skull fits perfectly. grin

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2014 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1048 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Skull Candle model is ready :D

Image Attachments
SkullCandle.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2014 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1049 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  757
Joined  2010-02-18

Cheers, Horor, Mermaid...and others I’m sure I missed.

Savage, yeah, vid coming along nicely…adding in any light instance (as I’m sure you’ll well know) - with candle etc., - will set you back miles in animation render times. The effect is super, but times in such instances will have to be short (you might as well include some shimmer, too - movement of light this tiny way that tiny way…etc.,.) as it won’t add that much to just a static light instance.

Jay

Posted: 18 August 2014 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1050 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-27
TheSavage64 - 18 August 2014 12:27 PM

Skull Candle model is ready :D

Nice candle! Now that I understand the theme; yes. Go with it. Sorry I questioned you ... again.

70 of 100

[ MAXDefault 2      Instancing ]