Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
zBrush Transform Active Symmetry does not work posed.
Posted: 13 July 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3412
Joined  2009-08-05

Even with using that technique I still havent encounted any issues.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

I’ve still not tried that… I’m a little frightened!  lmao.  Still working on my themes for DAZ3D so it’s on hold for now anyways.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3412
Joined  2009-08-05

Here is a nice trick of how to get individual mirrored morphs. IE left, right to be dialed seperately and not in symmetry.

1. GoZ genesis in zbrush
2. go morph target -> mask one half of mesh (exactly) -> go morph target -store MT -> unmask
3. make morph on one side
4.export.
5. mask same half with morph made - go to deformation - smart resym (now the morph is duplicated on other side)
6. unmask side with morph -> mask other half -> then go morph target -> adjust morph dial till default state appears on other side
8. export.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 13 July 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I’ve been trying to fathom getting an arms up morph for Bruno (and other characters) that would auto fix the strange deformations when the arms are all the way up (hero flight pose or diving) ... I think Richard explained how to do that to me in another thread and it involved exporting Genesis in default AND with only ONE arm up… make your fixes and then export back to DS to apply as an arms up morph with the proper deformations applied.  That’s a good solution but I think learning ERC would be better since I’d not want to be specifically for Bruno but for any large morphed figure shape. That’s why when I read Richard’s “Can confirm” note it kinda set me aback as then I thought “there’s something off about the symmetry in Genesis” ...

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 13 July 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s a family tradition Possetta had broken topolagy.

RAMWolf the forum post with your tutorail where you made a monky morph ,You have the URL ?

Posted: 13 July 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14245
Joined  2003-10-09

Zbrush seems to apply symmetry by spatial position, so the few points that are off aren’t going to make a visible different on a zeroed figure. However, ZBrush also has a mode which matches vertices across the chosen axis for a mesh that isn’t symmetrical due to posing (it says, I hadn’t come across this before and since it didn’t work I can’t say how it behaves properly) so you could in principle adjust the mesh equally even on a figure exported with a real pose applied. I’m not sure how often that would be useful, but it is a feature that should be there.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 July 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Never made a monkey morph Rorr… I made human morphs.  They are not released as of yet!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 14 July 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2003-10-09

Genesis is the first mesh from Poser or DAZ that works like were use to.
I like the mesh a lot.
If Genesis is = to or > then any mesh at Turbosquid.
Don’t see why any of the others where not like the mesh.
Could open up a new market for DAZ.
Would be kool if DAZ could list a string of block buster movies Genesis stared in.

DAZ done a killer job with Genesis 5 .Think maybe they could fix the broken geometry with Genesis 5.1.

2 of 2