Digital Art Zone

11 of 77
Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of
Posted: 15 September 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5472
Joined  2006-02-20

Does somebody know whether the Morphing Fantasy Dress for Genesis was renamed?
I’ve got it, I’ve bought it, I can’t find it in my Itemized order history to reset it ...

Answering my own question, because sometimes my brain does work (Slowly):
Morphing Fantasy Dress Unimesh
Those Fits included the Genesis when Genesis came out

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 15 September 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1085
Joined  2010-11-30

Posermocap,

can you give me the version number for Swordplay Volume One I’ll put it on the list as soon as I get that.  If it has different version numbers for the M4 V4 & Genesis version please indicate what they are for both.

If you come out with any other Genesis items just post them or send me a PM and give the the version number(s) and I’ll put them on the main list as soon as I can.

Dogz,

thanks. I just got that added to the main list.

Kitakoredaz,

thanks. I just added Gregoria Hair to the main list.

Thanks also, for contacting support about the bundle.  I won’t have to call them on Monday now.  I have the bundle too and am waiting for the update.

Kerya,

thanks for the version number for Epic Wings Xpansion.

Posted: 16 September 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

from Mantis mail.
admin repied,

“The wiki ReadMe was incorrect, the current version is 1.3.
The bundle has been updated with the correct version. “ 

I itemized order history,  there are HitomiDayOut_1.3 %-P

”Hitomi for genesis bundle” updated about HitomiDayOut

Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14300_HitomisDayOut_1.3_trx.exe - pc
Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14300_HitomisDayOut_1.3_trx.zip - mac

Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_HitomiMetaData_1.4_ds.zip - mac
Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_Hitomi_1.4_trx.exe - pc
Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_HitomiMetaData_1.4_ds.exe - pc
Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_Hitomi_1.4_trx.zip - mac

Posted: 17 September 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  336
Joined  2004-03-03

The Genesis Starter Essentials that comes with the new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta is 1.4, rather than the 1.3 initial version.

And for a ‘happy’ thought ... reading through the changelog of the changes between the 4.5 release and this new beta, I note the following little gem:

Updated default Content Types and Categories based on new standards provided by the metadata team and approved by marketing - Content metadata will need to be updated

So it looks like there’s going to be another round of updates of content just to update the metedata to a new standard. sick

Posted: 18 September 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2005-01-18
DavidGB - 17 September 2012 04:44 PM

The Genesis Starter Essentials that comes with the new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta is 1.4, rather than the 1.3 initial version.

And for a ‘happy’ thought ... reading through the changelog of the changes between the 4.5 release and this new beta, I note the following little gem:

Updated default Content Types and Categories based on new standards provided by the metadata team and approved by marketing - Content metadata will need to be updated

So it looks like there’s going to be another round of updates of content just to update the metedata to a new standard. sick

So this 1.4 version only changed the metadata? In that case I don’t have to get it because I don’t use metadata and I’m glad I don’t. smile

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4852
Joined  2009-02-26

God, it’s so hard to keep up with this! lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  964
Joined  2012-02-04
JeanneM - 18 September 2012 03:30 AM

So this 1.4 version only changed the metadata? In that case I don’t have to get it because I don’t use metadata and I’m glad I don’t. smile

I don’t believe this is correct, but it would really be helpful if DAZ told us what really has changed in the starter essentials.  One of the things I saw fixed is a problem with the projection maps for hands when converting things with the autofit tool and selecting a particular projection map.  I believe the projection maps are part of the starter essentials install (but haven’t looked into this to confirm it), which would explain why the starter essentials was updated.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4852
Joined  2009-02-26

So does that mean it would be necessary to re-download genesis starter essentials? I’m having trouble keeping up to date with all this stuff lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5472
Joined  2006-02-20
cwichura - 18 September 2012 05:08 AM

I don’t believe this is correct, but it would really be helpful if DAZ told us what really has changed in the starter essentials.  One of the things I saw fixed is a problem with the projection maps for hands when converting things with the autofit tool and selecting a particular projection map.  I believe the projection maps are part of the starter essentials install (but haven’t looked into this to confirm it), which would explain why the starter essentials was updated.

Well - as Daz told us the readme’s are now online so they can be updated ... let’s see whether they are holding their promises ...
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

Edited to add: I am NOT going to hold my breath until they are updated!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2005-01-18
Kerya - 18 September 2012 05:30 AM
cwichura - 18 September 2012 05:08 AM

Well - as Daz told us the readme’s are now online so they can be updated ... let’s see whether they are holding their promises ...
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

Edited to add: I am NOT going to hold my breath until they are updated!

LOL!!
Hi Kerya, I’m with you on that, just keeping a positive view at things…. here and everywhere. smile

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
DavidGB - 17 September 2012 04:44 PM

Love, Jeanne

I didn’t say the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 is only a metadata update. I only note that the Genesis Starter Essentials has been updated to 1.4, and separately that the Change Log says content metadata will need updating. This Genesis Starter Content update may be that metadata update, or it may be something else. It may only be to do with some change in the DS 4.5.1 beta, and not work right in the original DS 4.5. It would be nice if DAZ would tell us these things, but the Genesis Starter Essentials ReadMe doesn’t say what the update is (or even that there has been an update).

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03

With respect to the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4, DAZ_bfurner has just said:

Yes, there were some changes in the content that will need to be updated for this build. Use the new Genesis Starter Essentials content and install it.

So more than just a metadata update, then, it appears. If updating to the new beta, the Genesis Stater essentials should be updated.

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-01-08

The Genesis Starter Essentials keeps telling me it unavailable…..........I’ve been trying for the past 3hr’s to download it…..

Posted: 18 September 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03

Have you done a reset of a ‘purchase’ of the DS4.5 beta? That’s what gave me - and others - the starter essentials 1.4 in my downloads, along with the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta.

Posted: 18 September 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-01-08
DavidGB - 18 September 2012 01:19 PM

Have you done a reset of a ‘purchase’ of the DS4.5 beta? That’s what gave me - and others - the starter essentials 1.4 in my downloads, along with the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta.

I reset when the studio update first came out on the 17th, do I need to reset again?  I already have 54 pages of reset updates. LOL

11 of 77