Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Argh! Weird green overlay on renders!!
Posted: 19 March 2014 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-09-24

What once rendered like example 1 is now rendering like example 2.

I have no idea why!

The scene is one I have saved that has made many good comic pages with no weirdness in the past. Only two things have happened. the usual updates and I upgraded my Daz4 to the latest. Just. Argh!!

Anybody got any clues on this mess? Please? (whine)

Image Attachments
sample2.jpgpanel1.png

Posted: 19 March 2014 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Okay it’s not a green lay. It’s blue. It’s like it’s putting blue everywhere. I’ve tweaked, prodded, rebooted, and I don’t know what else to do. It does it with both the cartoon render engine and 3delight. Anybody??

Image Attachments
sample2.jpg

Posted: 19 March 2014 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

If that happens only with the Toon shader it is the shader picking up the blue as the shadowing color when it does the color reduction. No Idea how to get around that as I do not toon shade at all. Should be able to fix that I would think.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 March 2014 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Well, I thought it was my video card at first. (Scarey!) But after some testing, yes. It only happens with pwtoon shader. This is the first time I’ve tried to toon shade since going to the latest DAZ, so my conclusion is it is no longer compatible with DAZ. I’ve tried all sorts of settings using pwtoon. I’ve reinstalled pwtoon. No matter what, the minute I apply it the blue weirdness returns. Which is a disaster for me! One of my comics *depends* on it.

I need to somehow uninstall this latest DAZ and go back to the old one that works. Or something.

Posted: 19 March 2014 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Which version of pwToon you using? If its the Updated version for DAZ Studio 4.5+ I can test it.. I have it just never used it…

Image Attachments
Capture-001.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 19 March 2014 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Yes, that’s the one. It’s on sale and everything right now. Heh. =^-^=

Basically I just apply, tell it to ignore map settings, then set the exterior line to 50 and the interior off. Then I use the default cartoon shader. Currently I’m experimenting with Crescent’s pw addons with no success.

But the DZ cartoon shaders that are free work fine. I just don’t understand them well enough to get them to do shadows.

Posted: 19 March 2014 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I just tested it on my PC using your settings with two different light sets and I did not get the blue colored shading… I have no idea what is causing that in your renders.

Signature 

Posted: 19 March 2014 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

I reinstalled an older version of DAZ and still the blue shading. So. Me neither. With no clue what to do I’m in a big pickle.

Posted: 19 March 2014 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

First things first have you had a GPU Driver up-date from the time you last used the Shader? If so you can try a roll back on the driver and see if that clears it up. If not… I’m out of good ideas or any really.

Signature 

Posted: 19 March 2014 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

The only updates I have had are those bloody enforced Windows updates they foist on you even when you tell the system not to update, like, ever. -_- So. Yeah. I guess I’ll have to call my comic quits.

Posted: 19 March 2014 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Still would not hurt to check the GPU Driver date Windows will install them as well if allowed.

Signature 

Posted: 19 March 2014 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

This is going to have to be a job for super husband, I’m afraid. I’m sitting here going “gpu drive what???”  And I’ll refrain from ranting on how these problems are continuous. -_-

Posted: 19 March 2014 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

GPU is short hand for Graphic Processor Unit or your Graphic Card. The Driver would be the first thing to check to see it it changed in the last bit. If it did putting the Older one back that did work would not hurt anything except software that might need the new one in the future. And to me Renders come before games so I would not care if it the old one allowed me to render again.

Signature 

Posted: 20 March 2014 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Oh, see, if you’d said graphic card… husband looked into that today and didn’t see anything. The computer has been put through stress tests and all sorts of things today.  My husband is researching how to roll back updates now, in the hopes we can fix things that way.

Thank you for piping up to try to help.

Posted: 20 March 2014 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2741
Joined  2009-02-24

Graphics card should not be an issue here. 3Delight uses software rendering, so it won’t matter what graphics card you have as it simply won’t use it. The only thing it will affect is what is visible in the viewport (and thus, how fast DS runs while you’re manipulating figures).

Due to where those green and blue areas are appearing, I think the issue is more likely something to do with your scene specifically. Either the lighting or the surface materials. What are your render settings (are you using pwToon as well as the ‘cartoon shader’ option?) and how are your scenes composed. If you give us some information on the scenes which are the worst offenders, we might be able to shed some light on the source of these problems.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 20 March 2014 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2779
Joined  2004-04-14

Have a look at the online readme for pwToon

http://www.poseworks.com/shaders/pwtoon/index.html

It may ofer some quick insight as to what you need to change cause it sounds more like a setting issue then anything.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

1 of 2