Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
When does that sale end?  Or that one?  Or that…
Posted: 26 May 2012 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-08-24
BWSman - 25 May 2012 07:05 PM

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)?  Playing Solitaire on their computers?

I’m not sure whether that was direct or sarcasm…but either way, that was not my inferrence.  I only know what I see and I’ve seen problems like this before from DAZ and I’ve seen problems of a similar nature from a company I work for.  I recently read of issues NewTek had a couple months ago with download issues that remind me of this, as well.  DAZ is not alone, though I don’t feel that excuses the problem, either.

Experience tells me it’s not usually the worker bees, who are usually working very hard within the constraints given to them.  The managers above them are the ones with editorial control and the ability to stop a project from going out to the customer until it’s done right.  As I said in the post you quoted, (after the line you bolded) I’m only an outside observer, so I can’t say for sure and I certainly can’t say I’d do better than any individual in Draper.  I can only say that I see a problem and hope that some outside critiquing might improve future happenings.

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29

Hi VoltisArt.

I do not think I have ever seen a silver P in any PC item promo images since I joined this January. Does not matter because everything is different now. Before the site „upgrade“ a few days ago I could always only see PC price after I logged in. Now every item looks the same to me – first is „regular price“ (written in grey letters and crossed), under it is „special price“ written in red. This is how it looks with PC items, but also the same look have published artist items that are on sale.

On PC items the price used to be marked as „platinum price“, so everyone knew at first glance that this was a PC item. On PA items it used to be clearly stated that they are „on sale“ and how long it will last. Now both PC and PA items look indistinguishable - both only have „special price“, so you have to guess whether this „special price“ is permanent or just a sale price that will change to full price in a few days (or even hours).

VoltisArt - 26 May 2012 10:24 PM

Proxima, the PC discount is automatically removed if you’re a logged-in subscriber.  You can test it by visiting the same pages before and after logging out.  It’s also only taken off of DAZ Originals, marked with DAZ 3D as the Published artist(s) and not $1.99 (PC item, usually have a silver P in the promo images) when you’re logged in.

Wish I could show an example, but I had to let my PC subscription go for a couple months.

Posted: 27 May 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
VoltisArt - 26 May 2012 10:46 PM

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)?  Playing Solitaire on their computers?

I’m not sure whether that was direct or sarcasm…but either way, that was not my inferrence.  I only know what I see and I’ve seen problems like this before from DAZ and I’ve seen problems of a similar nature from a company I work for.  I recently read of issues NewTek had a couple months ago with download issues that remind me of this, as well.  DAZ is not alone, though I don’t feel that excuses the problem, either.

Experience tells me it’s not usually the worker bees, who are usually working very hard within the constraints given to them.  The managers above them are the ones with editorial control and the ability to stop a project from going out to the customer until it’s done right.  As I said in the post you quoted, (after the line you bolded) I’m only an outside observer, so I can’t say for sure and I certainly can’t say I’d do better than any individual in Draper.  I can only say that I see a problem and hope that some outside critiquing might improve future happenings.

My response was somewhat sarcastic since DAZ3D delayed the launch of the new website for further testing.  I would have assumed that those glitches would have been found in the 3 months they were “testing” the new website. oh oh

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 27 May 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09
BWSman - 27 May 2012 07:16 AM

My response was somewhat sarcastic since DAZ3D delayed the launch of the new website for further testing.  I would have assumed that those glitches would have been found in the 3 months they were “testing” the new website. oh oh

Well there is an official answer to this, but I am not certain I am allowed to post it here, as we don’t have any content advisory flags yet.  wink

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5444
Joined  2005-04-16
chohole - 27 May 2012 07:44 AM
BWSman - 27 May 2012 07:16 AM

Well there is an official answer to this, but I am not certain I am allowed to post it here, as we don’t have any content advisory flags yet.  wink

Very nice.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-09-17

I have been laughing as I meander through some of the new items: I am sure that someone is playing jokes….
Have you noticed what random items appear in some of the items as “required products”
Now why you need to have M4 morphs for the Mardigras supersuit??
The extreme Heroes ultimate Poses is requiring “Secluded Rendezvous”, not just once but twice!!
The worn-torn for the supersuit requires “Fortuneteller 1930 for V4”
The Stegolian requires Carrara 8 pro???? As does MFD for Gen Wonderland exp and Soothsayer for fortuneteller 1930!!
The Supersuit Troopers is asking for Michael 3.0 Head & Body Morphs ..
Can anyone explain this in some way?
Is it a joke or a mistake?

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09

Well I did suggest in one thread that someone should start a new render challenge, along the lines of the ones they did in the Plat Club forum.

THey called their’s   “Random Runtime Roulette”

We could call this one “Random Requirements Roulette”      Take a screnshot of the requirements that displayed for you, and then render an image using them and the product “requiring” them

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09

Moved to the Commons - Latest news is really for DAZ posts.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

2 of 2