Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
When does that sale end?  Or that one?  Or that…
Posted: 24 May 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-08-24

Not sure where else to post this…it’s where I’ve looked to see if I could get more info.  Nothing as of yet…

I’m sure by now I can’t be the only one noticing that there are no sale end dates in the store.  I’ve also noticed that there are no end dates in the newsletters or anywhere else I can find.  That’s not good.  People need to know these things so they can plan how much to save and spend and when.

The help desk login won’t load and its search doesn’t seem to bring any results or even a page refresh, so I don’t know if that’s working at all.  As a result, I don’t know if DAZ folks are already working on adding sale end dates to items.  If not, they should be.

Either way, until such time as this problem is rectified, can we get a reliable place to see when sales will end?  A temporary note in the item description would work fine: “Intro sale on this item ends:  _____”  Including this info in the newsletters would work, though not everybody gets these at the same time so that might not be the preferred spot.  Even a new thread in this forum or a regularly updated reply to this post would work well.

DAZ miracle workers…do that belated magic thing you do, please.  wink

- - - - -

Semi-related:  Any chance of getting file size and expiration date returned to the downloads page?

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2009-09-15

My vote is with Voltis.

Signature 

My clients call me “the web guy” and my friends call me “the photoshop guru”, but I digress….
Wanna know how I do it? check out my randomly updated blog on jimmulvaney webdev

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  0

Yep, I’m missing having that peice of information too!

Posted: 24 May 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2009-09-15

Oh and uh… try and make it snappy Daz… I am undecided if I want the Super Suit or a nifty X&M Bundle over at Rendo… tick tock tick tock hmmm

Signature 

My clients call me “the web guy” and my friends call me “the photoshop guru”, but I digress….
Wanna know how I do it? check out my randomly updated blog on jimmulvaney webdev

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2006-09-17

This has been a strange ride in this past few days with all the changes. I have tried to take it patiently but so many things just have not been working. Prices seem to constantly change too.
I tried to use a voucher which was still current for the Kenzi outfit for K4 but it did not work. I looked everywhere for a way to get that checked but to no avail….... I had to pay the full price with no discount
How can we plan our budget if we do not know how long things stay on special price?
How do we know the size of a download for a product?
Where are our serial numbers?
I feel sure that the website will be awesome in the end…... BUT how many sales will you miss when people lose confidence and move away?
I tried to look in my wishlist but that was a giant waste of time so I guess I will have to delete it.
Please Daz fix things as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1854
Joined  2008-02-14

It would be great to have the end of sale day on each product page like the old store,  though I do remember the “Pardon our Dust” newsletter did list the dates that the $1 items were going to expire.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 25 May 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-08-11

Definitely a frustration of mine, too.  It’s affected me adversely. 
If it’s not there when I’m able, it just stimulates a “no sale” with
no continuing effort. Hopefully, it’s merely something that is late
being implemented into the system.

I did see the expiration dates in the newsletter, too, though. 
At least somebody knows.  ;D   :winky:

Still, if it’s not eventually added, I don’t know what book such new
marketing practices came from, but someone might consider it could
just be jibberish to have sold the book.  LoL LOL 

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-06-19

there is so much more missing to the store than the dates…

1- the pre-requisites on the product pages.
2- the filters for the wishlist “products on sale”
3- bundling the bundles for download…
4- filtering the downloads for Mac or PC only.
5- bundling the bundles for install (I just bought the super suit and now I have 79 NASTY installers to run… what are they thinking? couldn’t they at least cut it in half by packing the metadata WITH the base product?)

Basically, the new store is like the new forum: lacking many of the basic functions the old one had. You would Think they’d learn and actually finish something before putting it up for everyone to hate it. Is there a phone number or someone I can hit on the head to get the message through?

I’m sure the change was thought to make things better, probably for performance during peak hours but it’s totally BORKED for me.

Posted: 25 May 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Unfortunately, this has been a long-term problem.  DAZ gets the foundation of an AWESOME sale, product, website idea, etc, then works on it and releases it to the world.  The record seems to show a strong lack of testing, editing and re-testing before the awesome thing goes public.  I say this as an outside observer, but it seems to be what would lead to this kind of problem.  I think not enough people are thrown at critiquing each project, so problems don’t get found.  This is a problem with limited staff and budget, but I’m pretty sure they’ve also got lots of users who’d be happy to be included in beta testing BEFORE the new thing becomes the only thing available.

Usually they make things right…usually not soon enough for a lot of people and as the Bryce folks learned, sometimes you have to wait three versions…and at that point maybe you get what you want, maybe you forget you wanted it and maybe you’re still wanting.

Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?

...I really hope the Supersuit doesn’t become a long-term resident of my wishlist.

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17
VoltisArt - 25 May 2012 04:53 PM

Unfortunately, this has been a long-term problem.  DAZ gets the foundation of an AWESOME sale, product, website idea, etc, then works on it and releases it to the world.  The record seems to show a strong lack of testing, editing and re-testing before the awesome thing goes public.  I say this as an outside observer, but it seems to be what would lead to this kind of problem.  I think not enough people are thrown at critiquing each project, so problems don’t get found.  This is a problem with limited staff and budget, but I’m pretty sure they’ve also got lots of users who’d be happy to be included in beta testing BEFORE the new thing becomes the only thing available.

Usually they make things right…usually not soon enough for a lot of people and as the Bryce folks learned, sometimes you have to wait three versions…and at that point maybe you get what you want, maybe you forget you wanted it and maybe you’re still wanting.

Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?

...I really hope the Supersuit doesn’t become a long-term resident of my wishlist.

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)?  Playing Solitaire on their computers?

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9605
Joined  2007-11-06
BWSman - 25 May 2012 07:05 PM

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)?  Playing Solitaire on their computers?

My guess would be working full-time keeping the old store running, plus working full-time getting the new store ready.  Then passing out for 3 days at the end of the month before starting again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-11
chbautist - 25 May 2012 03:52 PM

there is so much more missing to the store than the dates…  [snip]

You forgot the field to put the page number in, instead of having to go a couple of pages at a time to reach . . . (some
number you wish you never heard of).  lol

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-11
fixmypcmike - 25 May 2012 07:38 PM

My guess would be working full-time keeping the old store running, plus working full-time getting the new store ready.  Then passing out for 3 days at the end of the month before starting again.

Actually, I think most of us really feel for them, although it may not come across that way. 

There were probably some decisions outside their range that held things up, also, although no one can probably say
that.  ( > . 0 ) 

Now, you know I’m just going on a possible scenario in my head (that usually plays into such things).    oh oh 

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  2011-07-31
Lori_T - 25 May 2012 06:27 AM

This has been a strange ride in this past few days with all the changes. I have tried to take it patiently but so many things just have not been working. Prices seem to constantly change too.
I tried to use a voucher which was still current for the Kenzi outfit for K4 but it did not work. I looked everywhere for a way to get that checked but to no avail….... I had to pay the full price with no discount
How can we plan our budget if we do not know how long things stay on special price?
How do we know the size of a download for a product?
Where are our serial numbers?
I feel sure that the website will be awesome in the end…... BUT how many sales will you miss when people lose confidence and move away?
I tried to look in my wishlist but that was a giant waste of time so I guess I will have to delete it.
Please Daz fix things as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!

In the old world, the response would have been “Contact DAZ support.”  I don’t know if staff is off this weekend or working, but you could still send an email to CS and ask for a refund in the amount of the voucher.  It should have been converted to Store Credit.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2012-01-29

Maybe it is a stupid question - but how can we be sure that an item is on sale at all? In the new store both platinum club prices and “on sale” prices are listed as “special price”. So how can one tell the difference?

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Proxima, the PC discount is automatically removed if you’re a logged-in subscriber.  You can test it by visiting the same pages before and after logging out.  It’s also only taken off of DAZ Originals, marked with DAZ 3D as the Published artist(s) and not $1.99 (PC item, usually have a silver P in the promo images) when you’re logged in.

Wish I could show an example, but I had to let my PC subscription go for a couple months.

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

1 of 2