Digital Art Zone

Daz Studio 4.6 Pro (current version) extremely slow on saving scenes.
Posted: 16 March 2014 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  0

Daz Studio 4.6 Pro (current version) extremely slow on saving scenes and yet one more wrinkle (the mouse losing focus bug when adjusting slders is back wi’ a wannion). Current version of Studio Win.8,1 64 bit, 8GB RAM 4.5Ghz AMD.. A scene with 3 figures (2 M4 and one V4.2) 5 lights (no deep shadow mapping) and a base room scene) takes about 15 minutes to save).. DAZ is the only thing running,  drive is a SATA and is not fragmented and has well over 1/2 Tb free.  No speed issues on file operations outside of DAZ..  DAZ log file, no errors or warnings. Also Perfmon shows Daz running with an average of 25% CPU and 8 threads while saving.. No bottlenecks indicated overall by Perfmon or Resource Monitor

help? thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited to place full text of question in post

Posted: 17 March 2014 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6441
Joined  2006-02-20

Somebody had the problem that his desktop icon got set to Vista compatibility mode for whatever reason.
After rectifying that DS ran well.
Just trying to help ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 17 March 2014 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15232
Joined  2003-10-09

Using legacy content, such as V4 or M4, is slower than using content which already exists as a DS4.x asset.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 March 2014 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6441
Joined  2006-02-20
Richard Haseltine - 17 March 2014 06:13 AM

Using legacy content, such as V4 or M4, is slower than using content which already exists as a DS4.x asset.

Oh yes, but only the first time, right? A second time the scene should save faster because DS has saved the data to the Data folder?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 17 March 2014 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15232
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 17 March 2014 06:46 AM
Richard Haseltine - 17 March 2014 06:13 AM

Oh yes, but only the first time, right? A second time the scene should save faster because DS has saved the data to the Data folder?

I think so, maybe. I must admit to not having used much legacy content, at least for morph- and bone-heavy human figures, recently.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 March 2014 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  0

well.. FWIW I now get the following error in my logs..

“WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Insert error: “FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497” Varchar data “” is corrupted.:

Sigh..

Posted: 18 March 2014 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Well. I did find a cure.. Deleted all occurrences of the content databases, removed and re-installed the CMS service, and then deleted and remapped my content directories.  Had Studio scan for new content, then reset and compacted the new databases.  I archived the original databases before deletion, I think its time to have a look at them. IF they are SQL compatible, I should be able to see what the problems were.