Digital Art Zone

Multi-pass rendering script freebie for DAZ Studio
Posted: 13 March 2014 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2014-02-28

Here is why you need Multi-pass rendering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F79cgGPEU_k

Since I can’t find a free script to do a multi-pass rendering, I just write one for everyone.

SimpleMultiPassRender:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aoqwmowppjr7xo/SimpleMultiPassRender.zip

Unzip, then put this script under your Content->Script folder.

When using, it will automatically render each light into different images, nothing more.

Just made a little change from mCasual/Jacques’s mcjListRender.dsa, thanks for his amazing work, really helps much.

Posted: 04 September 2014 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2012-05-26

Thank you very much! Works fine!

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery            My DAZ Forum Thread            Tutorial: Luxus, Glass and a Shiny Surface            My Luxball Gallery

Häufig gestellte Fragen zu DAZ Studio / German FAQ

Posted: 05 September 2014 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1130
Joined  2005-03-26

A chap calling himself Pendragon had a script very like this for DS2 in the old fora.  Nice.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 09 September 2014 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you so very much; I’m trying this now.  I love the amount of control this shows you can have and I am delighted that your script goes through and renders per light.  I really appreciate your sharing this.

Signature 

It Takes Character Face and Body Morphs for G2F
Visit my store.

Posted: 09 September 2014 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1139
Joined  2003-11-25

I too, want to say thank you for this script. I used to use the old plug-in for DS back in the day that did this and was quite bummed when it wasn’t upgraded. Your script will allow me to tweak my lighting even further and for that I am very grateful. Thankyou! smile

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 09 September 2014 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  713
Joined  2011-08-05

I just discovered a problem with the script!

It works perfectly witht the DAZ standard lights, but it does NOT work with the AoA Advanced lights!
I have set up a small scene for testing and added 3 Advanced spotlights. Then rendered with the script. But when the first image (light) is finished, the script asks me if I want to overwrite the next file with the previous one. When I click on no, the script stops. Why is that?
I have named the lights differently in the scene tab, but that does not help. It seems the script gives all Advanced spots the same name, so it tries to overwrite them.

Signature 

My DeviantArt

Posted: 09 September 2014 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-10-09
XoechZ - 09 September 2014 02:37 PM

It works perfectly with the DAZ standard lights, but it does NOT work with the AoA Advanced lights!

I opened up butaixianran’s wonderful script and, fingers trembling, made a couple of minor changes to it.

Now it includes the internal light number as a part of the output file name, which *fingers crossed* I hope will mean no more name collisions for things like your AOA advanced light.

I’ve also tweaked it so that only lights which are set to visible at the start of the run are processed, and all light visibility is restored to original settings at the close of processing.

At least, I think that’s what I’ve done. I’ve tested it a few times and the fire department hasn’t come wailing down the street, so here’s hoping :D

I’d love to be able to figure out how to query a scene for a list of luminous surfaces and to process those in a separate layer, but this is the first time I’ve touched DAZScript, so that’s way, way above my understanding at the moment.

If you want to give the modded script a whirl, it’s at https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqorj226crk8qai/SimpleMPRLightsPreserved.dsa

Posted: 10 September 2014 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, dh.

I noticed a white border on the textures it creates; wonder if there is a way to avoid that?

Signature 

Visit my store.

Posted: 10 September 2014 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-08-05
dhtapp - 09 September 2014 07:49 PM
XoechZ - 09 September 2014 02:37 PM

It works perfectly with the DAZ standard lights, but it does NOT work with the AoA Advanced lights!

I opened up butaixianran’s wonderful script and, fingers trembling, made a couple of minor changes to it.

Now it includes the internal light number as a part of the output file name, which *fingers crossed* I hope will mean no more name collisions for things like your AOA advanced light.

I’ve also tweaked it so that only lights which are set to visible at the start of the run are processed, and all light visibility is restored to original settings at the close of processing.

At least, I think that’s what I’ve done. I’ve tested it a few times and the fire department hasn’t come wailing down the street, so here’s hoping :D

I’d love to be able to figure out how to query a scene for a list of luminous surfaces and to process those in a separate layer, but this is the first time I’ve touched DAZScript, so that’s way, way above my understanding at the moment.

If you want to give the modded script a whirl, it’s at https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqorj226crk8qai/SimpleMPRLightsPreserved.dsa

Wow, thank you very much! I have tested it and now it works perfectly! Really cool! Thank you! grin

Signature 

My DeviantArt

Posted: 10 September 2014 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-10-09
Cris Palomino - 10 September 2014 01:33 AM

Thanks, dh.

I noticed a white border on the textures it creates; wonder if there is a way to avoid that?

Hm, that’s weird.  From what I could decipher, the script doesn’t touch anything in your render settings except the output option, to point to the different files as it creates them. 

I wonder if it could be something else in your settings that was already there, like your shading rate or some such?

Posted: 10 September 2014 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2014-02-28

I don’t even know what is an AoA light. But I’m glad dhtapp made a great update for this script.  Thanks

Posted: 10 September 2014 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
dhtapp - 10 September 2014 08:05 AM
Cris Palomino - 10 September 2014 01:33 AM

Thanks, dh.

Hm, that’s weird.  From what I could decipher, the script doesn’t touch anything in your render settings except the output option, to point to the different files as it creates them. 

I wonder if it could be something else in your settings that was already there, like your shading rate or some such?

Cris hangs her head in shame for not noticing she put a response in the wrong thread.

Sorry about that.  My comment referred to a completely separate script in another thread.  This particular script seems to be working just fine.  Move along, nothing to see but the rosy cheeks on the little fox.  smile

Signature 

Visit my store.

Posted: 11 September 2014 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-08-05
butaixianran - 10 September 2014 07:28 PM

I don’t even know what is an AoA light. But I’m glad dhtapp made a great update for this script.  Thanks

AoA (Age of Armour) has made some very good lights with a lot of options and controls. You can find them here:

Ambient: http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-ambient-light
Spot: http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-spotlight
Distant: http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-distant-light

All together in a bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle

Signature 

My DeviantArt

Posted: 27 September 2014 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-11-03

Thank U very much, Tested both scripts, worked well. (My scene has 5 lights + UE2)

When I tested Script of ‘Butaixianran’ - I got all Light Images rendered seperately - 6 bmp images
when I tested script of ‘dhtapp’ - I got only the only the UE2 Image file - 1 bmp image only
anything wrong I did?