Digital Art Zone

Lighting Help
Posted: 10 July 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2009-12-15

Is there a way to turn an item in the scene into the light source? Like say if I wanted to make genesis’ hands glow. How would I do that. I am only using DS4pro, no post work programs so my options are kinda limited I know.

Signature 

“Soldiers Live and Wonder Why.” Widowmaker of The Black Company novel Soldiers Live.
  Words some of us live by

Posted: 10 July 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15659
Joined  2003-10-09

uberArea shader will do that, it should be in the \Light Presets\omnifreaker\UberAreaLight folder. Select the object and the surfaces on the object that you want to cast light, then apply the shader. Adjusts ettings through the Surfaces pane, even though it’s a light.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 July 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2009-12-15

Will give this a shot. thank you

Signature 

“Soldiers Live and Wonder Why.” Widowmaker of The Black Company novel Soldiers Live.
  Words some of us live by

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
Richard Haseltine - 10 July 2012 02:56 PM

uberArea shader will do that, it should be in the \Light Presets\omnifreaker\UberAreaLight folder. Select the object and the surfaces on the object that you want to cast light, then apply the shader. Adjusts ettings through the Surfaces pane, even though it’s a light.

Oh come on tell the truth. It’s a light emitting Shader, that’s why the settings are under surfaces. Just had to do that, sorry…Richard.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt