Digital Art Zone

Daz artists for hire?
Posted: 10 July 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2012-07-05

Another real newbie question, but having just discovered this great program, I was wondering if there is an online resource for Daz artists-for-hire.  I need some figures created, and it might be better to have a more experienced designer do it.  I’ve hired concept artists before via the Concept Art web page and perhaps there is an equivalent out there for Daz artists.

Posted: 10 July 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2009-12-15

I have seen in the freepository forum a general freebie request topic maybe if you post there with your needs and your willingness to hire/pay for the item you might get some leads.

Signature 

“Soldiers Live and Wonder Why.” Widowmaker of The Black Company novel Soldiers Live.
  Words some of us live by

Posted: 10 July 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14693
Joined  2003-10-09

The General Freebie Requests thread would not be the place for a commercial offer.

dkutzera, are you wanting a new figure or a new character for an existing figure? The former would be expensive, especially if you wanted exclusive rights.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 July 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I’m using the super suit I bought to create some superheroes for an animated short.  I can fumble along learning as I go, or hire someone to create some superhero figures using the suit.  I have general designs to follow, but I’m sure there are folks out there who really know every button and switch in the program and could create something very special.  I can then animate the figures as needed.

Posted: 26 July 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2011-12-30
Richard Haseltine - 10 July 2012 02:52 PM

The General Freebie Requests thread would not be the place for a commercial offer.

dkutzera, are you wanting a new figure or a new character for an existing figure? The former would be expensive, especially if you wanted exclusive rights.

I am considering hiring someone to make me some exclusive right clothing for K4. What is the best place on the forum to post about this to get some price ideas and/or find an designer?

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 26 July 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-05

I was just wondering if there are folks who will create characters for me.  I could sketch out the general shape and colors of a superhero costume, and they could approximate it with the Genesis and super suit characters.  As it turns out, I’m getting pretty good at customizing the genesis character, hair and super suit to create characters.

Posted: 26 July 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16346
Joined  2003-10-09
KimberSue - 26 July 2012 08:07 AM
Richard Haseltine - 10 July 2012 02:52 PM

I am considering hiring someone to make me some exclusive right clothing for K4. What is the best place on the forum to post about this to get some price ideas and/or find an designer?

The Commons gets the most traffic. Howeve make sure you explain exactly what you require, and if you are looking for actual clothing models or just styles for an existing model. Also don’t be surprised at the variations in any answers you may get, especially if you want “exclusive”

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 26 July 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2011-12-30
dkutzera - 26 July 2012 08:22 AM

I was just wondering if there are folks who will create characters for me.  I could sketch out the general shape and colors of a superhero costume, and they could approximate it with the Genesis and super suit characters.  As it turns out, I’m getting pretty good at customizing the genesis character, hair and super suit to create characters.

Can you make other stuff than superhero costumes with the super suit?  Just wondering

Signature 

3D Artist Network.