Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Will hexagon be around for a while?
Posted: 21 April 2014 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2004-06-23

Hexagon 1.21 is my main poly modeler still. For as long as it still runs with my os/hardware.

Signature 

http://www.youtube.com/user/shawndriscollcg

Posted: 26 April 2014 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  458
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ could put a stop to all this customer doubt by making an update.  It’s long past due time for an update.  Hexagon needs it.  The customer base deserves it.

64 bit + crash bug fixes and improvements to the readability of the UI would go a long way.  I would even be willing to show my support by participating in a beta and making a purchase (assuming it was done well).

Come on DAZ, you weren’t planning to go anywhere for summer vacation anyway.  Besides, all your kids would just be bored and playing their app games during the long hot car rides anyway!

Signature 

I’m starting over from starting over.  Be patient with me!  smile

Posted: 27 April 2014 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  0

Is it (Hexagon) even being worked on?

Posted: 29 April 2014 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  0

Does anyone know if Hexagon has been made more stable for Windows 8 64-bit use? Heard a lot of stories of woe, but love how user-friendly the interface seems on tutorial videos.

The only thing I’ve found like it is Google Sketch Up, but so far as I know, there’s no easy way to import finished models from that to Daz Studio for posing in art projects.

Posted: 29 April 2014 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2004-06-23
Xenomorphine - 29 April 2014 08:24 PM

Does anyone know if Hexagon has been made more stable for Windows 8 64-bit use? Heard a lot of stories of woe, but love how user-friendly the interface seems on tutorial videos.

The only thing I’ve found like it is Google Sketch Up, but so far as I know, there’s no easy way to import finished models from that to Daz Studio for posing in art projects.

All the C++ GUI tools would have to be re-tooled for Windows 8 probably. The version of WxWidgets is old I bet. Then the compiler used for Hexagon may no longer work with Windows 8, so that C++ code needs a do-over to work with the new stuff. Then add 64-bit to that.  Might be easier for DAZ3D to just buy another modeler from someone than to write their own, if they don’t have any spare full-time programmers.

I’m using SketchUp 8 (basic) and exporting models to OBJ using a Ruby script written for it.

Signature 

Posted: 29 April 2014 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  0

Damn… :c

Me and a friend have lots of vehicle and prop ideas we can do to a fairly professional standard in stuff like Second Life, but aside from Sketch Up, nothing seems to have as user-friendly/intuitive an interface.

Posted: 29 April 2014 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2004-06-23
Xenomorphine - 29 April 2014 09:35 PM

Damn… :c

Me and a friend have lots of vehicle and prop ideas we can do to a fairly professional standard in stuff like Second Life, but aside from Sketch Up, nothing seems to have as user-friendly/intuitive an interface.

I know. The only reason I still use Hex 1.21 is because I like that GUI the best out of all the versions. I can’t stand modo’s GUI. So I use it just for rendering.

Signature 

Posted: 14 May 2014 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2009-04-30

I’ve learned to use Hexagon via different tutorials and i must admit, that it is really eay to use, if you have understand it. i just use currently only a quarter of the tools in the program and I get results, which satisfy and surprise me everytime again.

Of course, I wish, that Hexagon will get some minor updates, especially some bugfixes. The best idea would i.m.o. to make a Designing Tool from Hexagon with all options to create easily clothes or props for any characters, with morphing and rigging in just a few clicks.

Signature 

www.toon-fashion.de

2 of 2