Digital Art Zone

42 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 18 November 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  568
Joined  2003-10-09

goodluck with the launch, have been waiting for this smile  have had no time to join beta but it looks great from what you and others are posting! a 40k quad obj export is not bad at all, imo.  i make and sell from 5k to 40k poly myself and people don’t seem to have a problem that i’m aware of. other vendors go way above that (80-150k quads) for even simple hair models.  i believe it is the transmapping render times that people dislike more than high polycount viewport slowdown.  obviously high polycount+transmap is the worst lol.

Signature 

Brevity is the soul of wit.
[ My DAZ3d Store | AprilsVanity.com | AprilYSH.3d on facebook ]

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

40k ain’t bad at all. I can work with that easily. One of my recent octane renders was 4million tris…

bTW that included a lot of fibermesh, normally I stay around 1-1.5 million tris

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1261
Joined  2009-10-27
larsmidnatt - 19 November 2012 12:19 AM

40k ain’t bad at all. I can work with that easily. One of my recent octane renders was 4million tris…

bTW that included a lot of fibermesh, normally I stay around 1-1.5 million tris

4 million tri’s, wow that’s a lot. Certainly you have a 64bit system with plenty of memory.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 19 November 2012 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 18 November 2012 05:12 PM

Thanks Alex.  Good to hear that beta is getting closer and closer.  Sorry for not participating too much here.  I’ve been hella busy and practicing in ZBrush so not posting as much as I usually do here, there and everywhere!

You’re welcome Richard. Lately I also deserted the forums: I was extremely busy also with other projects and life in general: it’s incredible how much time it’s needed to accomplish even single tasks of life routines.
But I’ve been working on it very hard and I believe now it’s good time to have Look at my Hair finally available.
I hope people will enjoy it as much as I do when I use it for fun, designing some furry animals (which are the characters that I like most).

There are so many options and features that should keep you guys busy for quite a long time. And, as I wrote earlier, there are some new ones that I’ll be willing to add in the future.
See you soon… smile

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Just remember to take it easy and not over do it Alex!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 19 November 2012 10:23 AM

Just remember to take it easy and not over do it Alex!

Thanks for the advice, and infact I replanned my work routine so that I don’t end up working very late at night, as I’ve done for a long time. Not healthy at all smile

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, folks wonder why my projects take so long, esp Bruno.  Well I live with HIV, I work and I have a life outside of this place so I do what I can do.  I supposed if I was making money I’d def spend more time on getting things finished sooner but I don’t, that’s where my hairdressing comes in for paying the bills.  lol I learned the hard way a while back by getting overly involved in the creation process and staying up too late at night and then no sleep or poor sleep I was sick all of the time.  Simply not worth it.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23
AprilYSH - 18 November 2012 07:19 PM

goodluck with the launch, have been waiting for this smile  have had no time to join beta but it looks great from what you and others are posting! a 40k quad obj export is not bad at all, imo.  i make and sell from 5k to 40k poly myself and people don’t seem to have a problem that i’m aware of. other vendors go way above that (80-150k quads) for even simple hair models.  i believe it is the transmapping render times that people dislike more than high polycount viewport slowdown.  obviously high polycount+transmap is the worst lol.

Seeing your interest here makes me regret less that I won’t be able to afford this. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Zaarin - 19 November 2012 12:15 PM

Seeing your interest here makes me regret less that I won’t be able to afford this. wink

How so, if you don’t even know the price yet? tongue rolleye

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23
Alessandro_AM - 19 November 2012 12:17 PM
Zaarin - 19 November 2012 12:15 PM

How so, if you don’t even know the price yet? tongue rolleye

Well, it will have to be pretty cheap for me to afford it; I’ve committed to cutting my spending a lot. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4909
Joined  2009-02-26

Any news on the launch date ? tongue laugh I really want this lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Spyro - 19 November 2012 10:21 PM

Any news on the launch date ? tongue laugh I really want this lol

I have to provide testers with the latest beta (which is almost) ready, and if that is successful I’d call it the release candidate.
Also, I need to prepare the manual and plenty of video tutorials, so that might take another week or so.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 19 November 2012 10:46 AM

Yea, folks wonder why my projects take so long, esp Bruno.  Well I live with HIV, I work and I have a life outside of this place so I do what I can do.

I remember, two years ago, that I’ve read your blog, Richard. It has been truly admirable the way you were able to pull through difficulties, get on your feet again and keep going.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Life is what it is Alex.  Sometimes I can be the voice of reason only because of what I’ve lived through.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2009-04-27

I tried using Garibaldi Express but it only comes with 3 female hair styles…no male. I’m not the kind of user that likes to style my own characters hair, so if there aren’t any included I probably won’t use it. The fact that you’re gong to provide lots of example styles will blow Garibaldi out of the water. Can’t wait!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/real-hairy
http://mikeyftl.deviantart.com/

42 of 100