Digital Art Zone

37 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 19 October 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2003-10-09
KrazyHorse2 - 19 October 2012 10:16 AM
Sal UK - 19 October 2012 04:49 AM

using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

The hair looks great but what the ‘H’ happened to his ear?  I hope that’s not an issue with the hair mesh…............. ??

Yes thats just the Yannis textures I was just messing with applying different textures they are available at Renderosity the dark parts are in the texture and the texture set has hair on the texture hense the dark parts on sideburns and the ears are dark also, Ill render him without any hair on the model so you can see its just the texture set and nothing to do with LAMH.. wink

Hope that is what you were refuring too, if not save the render and mark the part you are refuring too if you like.. smile

Steve.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2003-10-09
Sal UK - 19 October 2012 10:51 AM

using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

The hair looks great but what the ‘H’ happened to his ear?  I hope that’s not an issue with the hair mesh…............. ??

Yes thats just the Yannis textures I was just messing with applying different textures they are available at Renderosity the dark parts are in the texture and the texture set has hair on the texture hense the dark parts on sideburns and the ears are dark also, Ill render him without any hair on the model so you can see its just the texture set and nothing to do with LAMH.. wink

Hope that is what you were refuring too, if not save the render and mark the part you are refuring too if you like.. smile

Steve.

KrazyHorse2

Here you go this is a render before the hair and the hair added so you can see if it is what you were on about.. smile

Image Attachments
YanMapsNoHair.pngTightCurls.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 19 October 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-01-08
Sal UK - 19 October 2012 10:57 AM
Sal UK - 19 October 2012 10:51 AM

Steve.

KrazyHorse2

Here you go this is a render before the hair and the hair added so you can see if it is what you were on about.. smile

Just got back to the computer, and yes that is what I was talking about.  Thanks for the reference image. I thought he had an ear plug inserted, most unusual…  Again, Thanks!

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1619
Joined  2005-02-25

by the way Sal those tight curls in that style is FABULOUS!! LOVE it! You are a pro at short styles :D

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4733
Joined  2004-08-11

Alex,  Is there any way to go over, briefly, how to load up Genesis, saving out created hair for it and what all one needs to do to make it a conforming prop for Genesis for those that might need to feel that it’s not going to be to much of a hassle?  Also, if it’s a conformer for Genesis WILL it follow the head shapes?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 19 October 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1248
Joined  2004-08-24

Is this still in Beta?  I’d applied way back when to be a beta tester but I guess there were already too many people who had applied and I never heard anything.

Some of the renders look just fabulous!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6598
Joined  2006-02-20

It really looks like a must-have ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2009-10-27
Alisa Uh-Lisa - 19 October 2012 04:14 PM

Is this still in Beta?  I’d applied way back when to be a beta tester but I guess there were already too many people who had applied and I never heard anything.

Hi Alisa, it’s still in beta but things look good so far. Getting rid of the last bugs and issues.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 19 October 2012 01:24 PM

Alex,  Is there any way to go over, briefly, how to load up Genesis, saving out created hair for it and what all one needs to do to make it a conforming prop for Genesis for those that might need to feel that it’s not going to be to much of a hassle?  Also, if it’s a conformer for Genesis WILL it follow the head shapes?

Hi Richard, when you mean prop I assume you’re talking about how to deal with exported .obj’s?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4733
Joined  2004-08-11

I guess, I’m not sure how it’s all exported and conformed to Genesis or any other figure.  It’s a prop then I’ll just use my PP2 to Figure tutorial and that will be fine but if you have an internal path that works I’ll want to use that for sure then. 

Thanks!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 20 October 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1248
Joined  2004-08-24
Alessandro_AM - 20 October 2012 09:24 AM
Alisa Uh-Lisa - 19 October 2012 04:14 PM

Hi Alisa, it’s still in beta but things look good so far. Getting rid of the last bugs and issues.

Good to hear smile

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 20 October 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2004-12-14

I can hardly wait for this, please keep us informed. I have some ideas on using it with static (obj files) hair.

Posted: 21 October 2012 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Alex?

My apologies for asking this when it may have already been answered but I wanted to double-check and make sure.

Can people who do NOT have LAMH still use and render hair made in LAMH?

Will hair made in LAMH render in Reality?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2010-01-30

Cheeky hair style for a cheeky lad!  Finally have my new computer and can actually give LAMH a proper test drive!

Image Attachments
David_LAMH2.jpg

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18
RKane_1 - 21 October 2012 02:35 AM

Alex?

My apologies for asking this when it may have already been answered but I wanted to double-check and make sure.

Can people who do NOT have LAMH still use and render hair made in LAMH?

Will hair made in LAMH render in Reality?

Yes non LAMH users can use hair made with the tool with some reserves. The creator will have to export as OBJ and this could be potentially massive file…There are ways to make smaller but i think a lot of experimenting would be needed to do so. It’ won’t be super easy.

Same with reality, the user can export the hair as an OBJ, but again will be huge. While he has said it is doable, I don’t think it is what people are trying to make it out to be.

I for one have no intention of sharing or collecting OBJ hair files from people, that’s a lot of work. I would like to try rendering in Lux/Octane to see how much memory it eats up. it was quoted that a standard human hair obj file could be 200mb and eat up 1.7gigs of Vram.i’ve gpt 3 gigs of vram, and my typical scene right now is 900mb to 1.5 gigs of vram, so one human hair file may or may not fit.

EDIT: Read from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/381/P435/#133641

if you read that page you will see a short discussion on the matter

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

37 of 100