Digital Art Zone

34 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 16 October 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1319
Joined  2009-10-27
larsmidnatt - 16 October 2012 04:25 PM

I don’t use lux anymore, but Octane doesn’t use buckets either. And everything needs to fit in Vram. so that’s my concern.

If you like to run a test, in a couple of days I might send you some test model hair that you can try.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Alessandro_AM - 16 October 2012 04:37 PM
larsmidnatt - 16 October 2012 04:25 PM

I don’t use lux anymore, but Octane doesn’t use buckets either. And everything needs to fit in Vram. so that’s my concern.

If you like to run a test, in a couple of days I might send you some test model hair that you can try.

I’d love too. smile

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 17 October 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2005-04-15
Alessandro_AM - 15 October 2012 02:23 PM

I’ll try to do what I can, but obviously I can’t make dozen and dozen of presets and include those in the plugin without raising the price.

Well, darn.. there goes my request for the armpit and pubic presets for the Genesis Troll… :D

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 17 October 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2005-04-15
larsmidnatt - 15 October 2012 02:12 PM
Alessandro_AM - 15 October 2012 02:10 PM

There will be a collection of presets for Genesis and most common figures, and also some animals, .

You mean like dog and cat presets?

I want the furred alligator!

Actually, rather than delaying the project too much with including a huge number of presets, it might be better to do the majority of presets as freebies via Rendo, ShareCg, etc.  Not only could they then serve as advertising for the base product, but I would imagine you’d get a lot of third-party contributions that would cover a lot of the lesser used figures… After all, while LAMH is going to be phenomenal for those working with the base Genesis and Gen 4 figures, it’s going to be a godsend for characters like Deco, TY2, etc.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 17 October 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2005-02-25

Thought I’d better post a picture before Alessandro boots me out of the Beta program LOL

Image Attachments
minotaur2.jpg
 Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 17 October 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
midnight_stories - 17 October 2012 08:38 AM

Thought I’d better post a picture before Alessandro boots me out of the Beta program LOL

pretty tight.

Edit: Meaning, that looks good smile

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 17 October 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

Wow, that’s definitely cool, thanks for sharing this image! What lights did you use?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 17 October 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
Alessandro_AM - 17 October 2012 08:58 AM

Wow, that’s definitely cool, thanks for sharing this image! What lights did you use?

I used the Lantios Light 2,  one of the best light sets I found for DS

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2012 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

At this link: https://www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair/photos_stream

there is a collection of some beta test renders, WIP screenshots, experiments done during beta-testing that we decided to share.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 18 October 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01

still waiting for the VIDEOS you said you were going to make for the terrain plugin - so I guess you don’t care any more - been 10 months now
nothing new !
wish I could get my money back !!!

hope the people get better support for this hair .

Posted: 18 October 2012 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

While I was out, I’ve read a message posted by bigh that has been removed by the moderator.
For me there was no problem to leave it visible.

@bigh: there are 23 INFINITO tutorial movies on my YT channel. You’ve always been upset about these tutorials and I honestly don’t understand how many more movies I should have done to satisfy you.
I said I would have done, time allowing, another set of movies to show how I did the Avatar-like floating mountain. I said also that LAMH would have been probably ready in the beginning of September.
When I can’t comply with planned work, it’s not because “I don’t care of customers” as you said; it’s just because things often get more complicated than expected, and need more time and care than planned in the beginning. In the future I’ll be very careful with “promising” and scheduling releases, so that nobody will get upset.

So back to us bigh, if you feel that the plugin is useless, please ask a refund to DAZ and if there are issues with that, contact me to my email ( info at alessandromastronardi.com ) and I’ll refund it myself. Ok?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 18 October 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Brother don’t bite that’s what he’s after, you did more than enough tutorials, and I for one am thankful for them !!!

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2012 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01
Alessandro_AM - 18 October 2012 06:45 AM

While I was out, I’ve read a message posted by bigh that has been removed by the moderator.
For me there was no problem to leave it visible.

@bigh: there are 23 INFINITO tutorial movies on my YT channel. You’ve always been upset about these tutorials and I honestly don’t understand how many more movies I should have done to satisfy you.
I said I would have done, time allowing, another set of movies to show how I did the Avatar-like floating mountain. I said also that LAMH would have been probably ready in the beginning of September.
When I can’t comply with planned work, it’s not because “I don’t care of customers” as you said; it’s just because things often get more complicated than expected, and need more time and care than planned in the beginning. In the future I’ll be very careful with “promising” and scheduling releases, so that nobody will get upset.

So back to us bigh, if you feel that the plugin is useless, please ask a refund to DAZ and if there are issues with that, contact me to my email ( info at alessandromastronardi.com ) and I’ll refund it myself. Ok?

I want to apologize to you and every one else for my rant .
Well sent you a pm .

Posted: 18 October 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

It’s ok bigh, no need to apologize. It’s just that I felt sorry that you could have such problems with it that you felt like I was not caring of customers. I’m only looking forward to settle things so that you can be happy with it.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 18 October 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2005-07-29

Speaking of happy Allesandro customers…

HERE’S ONE!

:D

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

34 of 100