Digital Art Zone

17 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 02 September 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2009-10-27
RCT-Spanky - 02 September 2012 05:03 AM

Hi Alessandro,

I’m looking forward to this great tool and I hope (like all the others here) that you will release it soon (in the closest meaning of this word).

Maybe you remember that I’ve requested a British Guardian Bear fur Hat, as you’ved released “Ursus Arctos” and I was totally impresed from the realistic fur (which was a sensation at the time of the release, that was unfortunately not as appreciated as it deserved it.

Could i now just add a simple geometric cylinder on M5’s hat and add your “hair” to this cylinder to create this kind of Guard Hat????

Hi Spanky, I remember about that Bear fur hat: that would be very easy to accomplish. As you suggested, I added a simple cylindric shape, made the guide hair, used the spherize effect and done. Maybe a little combing or frizz effects would produce a better shape, but you get the idea… it’s possible to fur any kind of object…

About the hat again, I had your message saved in the PM box here, and by mistake I deleted all the content and could not remember your nickname, so I could not come back to you. Sorry about that.

Image Attachments
hat1.jpghat2.jpghat3.jpg
 Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 September 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

I’ve been trying to look at the capabilities and I think you mentioned something about a feature that would allow you to draw the ends of the hairs together to form spiky hair or taper it like wet fur or hair is tapered together.

think it was on the old forum but is there a way you could demonstrate that?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 02 September 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RKane_1 - 02 September 2012 01:53 PM

I’ve been trying to look at the capabilities and I think you mentioned something about a feature that would allow you to draw the ends of the hairs together to form spiky hair or taper it like wet fur or hair is tapered together.

think it was on the old forum but is there a way you could demonstrate that?

That feature you probably refer to as “clumping” has been removed as is no longer possible to manually edit full hair. I have another solution under development to achieve the same effect, but nothing to show yet. Sorry.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Any ideas on when Yet? 6 months? 4 months… less. I’m gonna be happy no matter when, I’m just really wanting this.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Jaderail - 02 September 2012 04:00 PM

Any ideas on when Yet? 6 months? 4 months… less. I’m gonna be happy no matter when, I’m just really wanting this.

The plugin is basically ready, meaning that all the features in beta 1.3 (yet to be delivered to testers) are operative and working reasonably well.
With the beta test team we need to address eventual bugs and issues, and test it well enough until it can be declared stable.
Also, I’d like to see testers achieve enough practice with it and see some nice models and images produced with the plugin.

Can’t say anything precise, but I believe at most in two months it should be finally ready. Of course even earlier if testing will run faster than expected.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!  smile

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 03 September 2012 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

FANTASTIC!! I hope it all goes well with no hic ups.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09
RKane_1 - 02 September 2012 05:25 PM

Yup, we can have hairy presents, hairy ornaments, hairy milk, hairy cookies, hairy stockings, hairy turkey, hairy gravy, hairy relatives, hairy reindeer, hairy brussel sprouts, hairy trees, hairy snow, hairy fruitcake, the possibilities are endless! Hairy lutefisk, hairy plum pudding…...

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Coldrake - 03 September 2012 01:37 AM

Yup, we can have hairy presents, hairy ornaments, hairy milk, hairy cookies, hairy stockings, hairy turkey, hairy gravy, hairy relatives, hairy reindeer, hairy brussel sprouts, hairy trees, hairy snow, hairy fruitcake, the possibilities are endless! Hairy lutefisk, hairy plum pudding…...

Coldrake

AND A HAIRY PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!!!!!  smile

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

and I thought *I* was into fur.  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 03 September 2012 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17135
Joined  2003-10-09
RKane_1 - 03 September 2012 01:50 PM

Coldrake

Shouldn’t that be AND A HAIRY PARTRIDGE IN A HAIR TREE!!!!!

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 September 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2534
Joined  2005-04-15

Coldrake

Not to mention Hairy Potter Meets the Sugar Plum Hairy for a Very Hairy Christmas.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  771
Joined  2008-10-19

Eeeerrrkkkkk ....aaccckkkc, I think I just choked on all the Hairy thoughts going on here!!

Posted: 05 September 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2534
Joined  2005-04-15
carrie58 - 03 September 2012 03:00 PM

Eeeerrrkkkkk ....aaccckkkc, I think I just choked on all the Hairy thoughts going on here!!

Probably just a hairball. cool grin

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12
RKane_1 - 03 September 2012 01:50 PM

Coldrake

What a coincidence - I’m also a big fan of Harry Partridge: http://www.youtube.com/user/harrypartridge?feature=results_main

OK, I’m just…sorry, my brain made that connection and I couldn’t stop myself from typing it >.<

17 of 100