Digital Art Zone

90 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 30 December 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1336 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15775
Joined  2003-10-09

The eyes, whether for the transparency on the lashes or the reflective settings on the eyes themselves, often cause a pause in the render progress for me - are you sure what you are seeing is down to LAMH?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1337 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2011-02-16

Sorry I am not being clear - Yes I have been using the snipping tool and have been enlarged and reduced the size of the brush, but I think I should do this before styling the hair and not after, because when they curl some I can never catch to snip, especially around the eyes and lashes. Yes the render pauses for a couple of minutes at the lashes - and I have seen it actually mention the lashes in the render dialogue box - and then it resumes, generally it is between 48-51% mark on a head shot.

I’ll zip up my lmh files and send it to see if you can see what I am doing wrong, Thanks.

Signature 

Meg

Interested in Male Figures, Male clothes, Male Hair, Contemporary settings and vehicles

DS4.7Pro on W7 64bit laptop and desktop

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1338 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-16

Sorry Richard - we cross posted. It is the base M5 character rendered with one or two lights in 3Delight and it doesn’t pause noticeably when I am not using LAMH. At first I thought I had left some red there - I did when painting and had hairs coming out the lips wink But I checked over that on the density map.

Signature 

Meg

Interested in Male Figures, Male clothes, Male Hair, Contemporary settings and vehicles

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1339 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1350
Joined  2009-10-27
3Ddreamer - 30 December 2012 08:44 AM

Sorry I am not being clear - Yes I have been using the snipping tool and have been enlarged and reduced the size of the brush, but I think I should do this before styling the hair and not after, because when they curl some I can never catch to snip, especially around the eyes and lashes. Yes the render pauses for a couple of minutes at the lashes - and I have seen it actually mention the lashes in the render dialogue box - and then it resumes, generally it is between 48-51% mark on a head shot.

I’ll zip up my lmh files and send it to see if you can see what I am doing wrong, Thanks.

Well, the cutting (or scissors, or snipping) tool is meant to work anytime. When you say that it won’t work properly after they curl, you mean that after applying the curl effect (through the slider), cutting won’t work as supposed?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 30 December 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1340 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-16

I don’t think it is anything in LAMH, just my ability to use it wink I’m not having much success cutting guide hairs after I apply the deformers, I guess I am either accidently including the root node or something because some I can never cut no matter what I do

Signature 

Meg

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1341 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
3Ddreamer - 30 December 2012 09:13 AM

I don’t think it is anything in LAMH, just my ability to use it wink I’m not having much success cutting guide hairs after I apply the deformers, I guess I am either accidently including the root node or something because some I can never cut no matter what I do

Hi, got your .lmh file!

I see your point, indeed cutting hair away from such tiny and small areas can be difficult. I’ll prepare a movie tonight to show a different and faster approach, using also density maps. See you soon… smile

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1342 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1141
Joined  2003-10-09
Shaaelia - 30 December 2012 12:32 AM

Hurray!  My first attempt with LAMH.  1hour 16 minutes to render.  The video tutorials were a great help.  Her expression is no indication of the plugin grin

That’s really nice. Love the color and the bangs. The ends look so, so, real!

Posted: 31 December 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1343 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2007-12-04
Alessandro_AM - 30 December 2012 04:23 AM

Hurray!  My first attempt with LAMH.  1hour 16 minutes to render.  The video tutorials were a great help.  Her expression is no indication of the plugin grin

This is a first attempt ? I’ll be VERY curious to see your next one! smile

Wow, thank you Alessandro :-D.  Thinking about the next scene at the moment… I have a few ideas in mind, just need to choose one grin

Spit - 30 December 2012 01:58 PM

That’s really nice. Love the color and the bangs. The ends look so, so, real!

Thanks Spit.  I was amazed when it rendered out, it looks so much finer than I was expecting.

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 31 December 2012 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1344 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-12-24

Hi Alessandro

When I export using OBJs and use reality render to render, Lux gives missing error on a jpeg file.

[2012-12-31 01:03:49 Error2] Error hashing file <user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/StudiolookatmyhairAMgeometryGenesis_TMap_0.jpg'
[2012-12-31 01:03:49 Error: 3] Unable to open image file '
<user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/StudiolookatmyhairAMgeometryGenesis_TMap_0.jpg

This is because the scene file contains following line

Texture "default_8.Kd" "color" "imagemap" "string filename" [" <user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio\lookatmyhairAM\geometry\Genesis_TMap_0.jpg ... 

I’m suspecting this is because the jpeg file was referred with backslash \  in the materials. While this may be a bug in the reality plugin, and has a work around by changing the reality scene file manually,  I was wondering if something can be also done in the next release of LAMH to avoid using directories. None of the other material textures have path in their name, instead they just have the file name.

Thanks

Posted: 31 December 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1345 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

Hi hakcayurek, I’m forwarding this to Kendall so that we can take a better look at it. Some users reported that the .jpg generated by LAMH was somehow not readable by Lux (while it worked fine on other applications such as Vue, Octane, Keyshot etc.), and they had to open it in an external image editor and resave it, to make it work.
So we’ll definitely take a look, thanks for sending these details.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 31 December 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1346 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-16
Alessandro_AM - 30 December 2012 11:07 AM
3Ddreamer - 30 December 2012 09:13 AM

Hi, got your .lmh file!

I see your point, indeed cutting hair away from such tiny and small areas can be difficult. I’ll prepare a movie tonight to show a different and faster approach, using also density maps. See you soon… smile

Many thanks. I am sure it will get easier with practice grin

Signature 

Meg

Posted: 31 December 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1347 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2007-11-30

I’m getting better results now. I think it’s because I didn’t export as OBJ and used the standard shader preset as made by Alex. The first time I exported as an OBJ was because the render stopped due to something after I exported as Renderman splines, and I wanted to see ‘anything’. Not sure why DS wouldn’t render, but it works perfectly fine now.

Posted: 31 December 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1348 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2007-12-04

Playing again - everything from scratch this time.  It’s not perfect, but it is pigtails!

Image Attachments
Pigtails.png
 Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 31 December 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1349 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2007-03-03

OK, I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked, but is this dynamic hair?  How well does it animate?  Anyone have a link to a video?  I love the look of it in stills, but I’m also interested in its animation potential.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 31 December 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1350 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-01-08
Alessandro_AM - 31 December 2012 03:53 AM
hakcayurek - 31 December 2012 01:12 AM

Hi Alessandro

When I export using OBJs and use reality render to render, Lux gives missing error on a jpeg file.

[2012-12-31 01:03:49 Error2] Error hashing file <user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/StudiolookatmyhairAMgeometryGenesis_TMap_0.jpg'
[2012-12-31 01:03:49 Error: 3] Unable to open image file '
<user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/StudiolookatmyhairAMgeometryGenesis_TMap_0.jpg

This is because the scene file contains following line

Texture "default_8.Kd" "color" "imagemap" "string filename" [" <user directory>/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio\lookatmyhairAM\geometry\Genesis_TMap_0.jpg ... 

I’m suspecting this is because the jpeg file was referred with backslash \  in the materials. While this may be a bug in the reality plugin, and has a work around by changing the reality scene file manually,  I was wondering if something can be also done in the next release of LAMH to avoid using directories. None of the other material textures have path in their name, instead they just have the file name.

Thanks

Hi hakcayurek, I’m forwarding this to Kendall so that we can take a better look at it. Some users reported that the .jpg generated by LAMH was somehow not readable by Lux (while it worked fine on other applications such as Vue, Octane, Keyshot etc.), and they had to open it in an external image editor and resave it, to make it work.
So we’ll definitely take a look, thanks for sending these details.

Just stopped in to see what’s up.  The back slashes are the problem.  I have ran into this issue during my tests and found that editing or correcting these in Reality prior to sending to Lux fixes the problem.

90 of 100