Digital Art Zone

68 of 100
Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!
Posted: 21 December 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1006 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

I have exported the geometry to Hexagon and Carrara already
attaching skeleton and weight painting the hair on the milcat proved VERY laggy but doable
would be better in studio or Poser if I knew how to create a conforming fur coat
(what Alessandro does with HIS animals!)
prolly too much like shrink wrapping to do for Daz figures unfortunately or I could see rigged fur coats for all the animals being available
as it is, we each gotta do our own for our own animation renders
I really must read that rigging PDF one day lol!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 21 December 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1007 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-01-08

Registration was no issue for me but I have a non standard install of Studio.  The only issue I had was the directory’s under user did not exist.

So if anyone has a problem with this create a folder called <Studio> under C:/User/<user name>/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio.

The warning popup states that the directory structure should be C:/User/<user name>/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/content, but the folder <content> does not appear to be used. Just put it in to be safe.

Posted: 21 December 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1008 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 10:53 AM
larsmidnatt - 21 December 2012 10:51 AM

thanks for the cat preset AM, that was quick. your renders look good.

here is a kitty with a quantity of 160000 hairs at half complexity. The triangle count was just over 1 million this way. I cut down the amount of hairs from the original 700k or for performance reasons. Going to see if I can squeeze a few more hairs in there. Both octane and daz studio only needed about 1.1-1.3 gigs of ram so I have some room to play.

Very good: you might want to reduce the root/tip width when exporting to .obj, so that you get thinner hair. Just an idea…

Actually I did, i changed it from the default 300/250 or so down to 75/50

trying 30/10 and qty of 300k now

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1009 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 10:55 AM
Rareth - 21 December 2012 10:43 AM
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 10:40 AM
Rareth - 21 December 2012 09:47 AM

ok if I have two genesis figures in a scene how do I get it to select the 2nd one?

You can select one of the object currently available in the Studio viewport by clicking on the button (see attached image) and choose the object you want to work from there.

yeah that didn’t work.. already went through the manual, and tried different things..

Wha happens when you pick a second figure and click the button to load it? It should display a message that you are loading a new model, and if you confirm that, it will proceed.

I think the presets are getting in my way,  ran into an interesting issue where even though I imported a figure into LAMH I could not apply a preset until that figure was actually selected in Studio… 

that might be my problem with multiple genesis figures, I was trying to view the presets as a group..  might have to fiddle some more

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1010 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2983
Joined  2004-04-14
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 10:33 AM

Hi MattyManx, you need to have the computer connected to internet to activate the plugin.

Thank you for the info.  I will give it some though.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1011 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1323
Joined  2009-10-27
Rareth - 21 December 2012 11:05 AM

ok if I have two genesis figures in a scene how do I get it to select the 2nd one?

You can select one of the object currently available in the Studio viewport by clicking on the button (see attached image) and choose the object you want to work from there.

yeah that didn’t work.. already went through the manual, and tried different things..

Wha happens when you pick a second figure and click the button to load it? It should display a message that you are loading a new model, and if you confirm that, it will proceed.

I think the presets are getting in my way,  ran into an interesting issue where even though I imported a figure into LAMH I could not apply a preset until that figure was actually selected in Studio… 

that might be my problem with multiple genesis figures, I was trying to view the presets as a group..  might have to fiddle some more

When you want to load a preset, you first need to select a figure in Studio, and then load the preset for it. This mechanism is going to change in next update, so that it will be easier.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1012 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
larsmidnatt - 21 December 2012 10:59 AM
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 10:53 AM
larsmidnatt - 21 December 2012 10:51 AM

thanks for the cat preset AM, that was quick. your renders look good.

here is a kitty with a quantity of 160000 hairs at half complexity. The triangle count was just over 1 million this way. I cut down the amount of hairs from the original 700k or for performance reasons. Going to see if I can squeeze a few more hairs in there. Both octane and daz studio only needed about 1.1-1.3 gigs of ram so I have some room to play.

Very good: you might want to reduce the root/tip width when exporting to .obj, so that you get thinner hair. Just an idea…

Actually I did, i changed it from the default 300/250 or so down to 75/50

trying 30/10 and qty of 300k now

Ok. One thing to mention, especially using short fur, is to test different geometry complexity settings upon exporting. No need to have a hair made of 12 quads if it’s only one inch long. In that case, setting the geometry complexity af 50%, will reduce the hair to 6 quads and so the resulting .obj mesh will be smaller.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1013 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
KrazyHorse2 - 21 December 2012 10:57 AM

Registration was no issue for me but I have a non standard install of Studio.  The only issue I had was the directory’s under user did not exist.

So if anyone has a problem with this create a folder called <Studio> under C:/User/<user name>/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio.

The warning popup states that the directory structure should be C:/User/<user name>/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/content, but the folder <content> does not appear to be used. Just put it in to be safe.

Thanks for the clarification, that might help other users.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1014 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-01-08
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 11:22 AM
KrazyHorse2 - 21 December 2012 10:57 AM

Thanks for the clarification, that might help other users.

No problem!  Just wish I had time to play.  LOL

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1015 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

AM, yes I put the hair complexity down to half, it doesn’t say a value. If i go lower than half it gives me an error that complexity is too low and is setting back to 100%. it then shoots a blank group to studio.

So yeah the numbers I quoted earlier were at half complexity.

here’s more lion updates, I reduced the root and tip some more and upped the qty of hair. With 300k hair in OBJ format daz is at 2.4 gigs of ram. when daz is exporting to obj that climbs to 4 gigs.

loaded in octane its about 1.6 of ram (only 500mb Vram used for those who care). only let render for 3 minutes so sharpness could be better.

Image Attachments
lion_v2.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1016 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

my rigging needs work
lots more weightpainting too many stray hairs moved by wrong bones
but I got it into iClone on the Millenium cat (lynnes ocelot) texture a bit blah

Image Attachments
iclonelamh.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1017 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2003-10-09

Mattymanx:

You should be able to activate it “offline”.

I, too, have a workbox that does not ever connect to internet.  Hell, I can’t.  There is no peripheral installed to connect to the internet (wi-fi card, ethernet card, modem, etc.) even if I wanted to.

But, I just received my activation code by way of offline copy and paste for this laptop (Admin working environment separate from no install Online environment).  I still need to log off, reboot, log in to Admin account, fire up DS4, paste in my activation code, and press the authorize button.  It seems it should work.

I’ve registered other software via this technique with no problems.

*Which brings me to my inquiry…

Alessandro:

We can’t install our purchased plugin on two separate machines?

I’ve installed into both this crappy 32 bit Windows XP laptop (for testing), and my workhorse offline PC 64 bit Windows 7.

I retrieved the auto-generated LAMH Serial Number for both machines, and one at a time submitted the required auth codes to your activation website.  The first one (32 bit) authorized, and supplied my Activation code, but on the subsequent 64 bit authorization I was denied.

The site claims already activated.

I supplied separate LAMH auto-generated Serial Number that was generated for the 64 bit install.  I should receive a separate, and different activation code for my 64 bit box.

I saw nothing about only one machine per purchase, and am a little disappointed if this is indeed fact, and not an installation oversight.

I was already elated that your price point was reasonable enough that I could make a purchase, but if I am bound to one machine, and without even the ability to switch back and forth with only one activated, then I think I will have to be seeking a refund.

That would be a shame.  It does look to have promise.

Technically, I have not authorized/activated either one (only installed both/auto-generated a SN).

If push comes to shove, I would rather “activate” my 64 bit Windows 7 box.

Before I go any further, or make any rash decisions, could you please help.

*Also, like beregar, I could not find a readme anywhere with this installation.  It did not create one in either the Program File location, nor the My Library location.  Is it perhaps hidden somewhere?  Can you please specify exactly where it should have been installed at?

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1018 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

As with the other plugin I released (INFINITO), “officially” 1 copy is bound to 1 computer, BUT, if you need to install it on another computer/laptop so that you can use it on both, please install it also on your 2nd system, email me its serial number and I’ll provide you all the data you need to activate it.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1019 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
wendy♥catz - 21 December 2012 11:41 AM

my rigging needs work
lots more weightpainting too many stray hairs moved by wrong bones
but I got it into iClone on the Millenium cat (lynnes ocelot) texture a bit blah

It walks! smile
But that texture need still some work smile

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1020 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  2005-02-25
Alessandro_AM - 21 December 2012 11:18 AM
Rareth - 21 December 2012 11:05 AM

When you want to load a preset, you first need to select a figure in Studio, and then load the preset for it. This mechanism is going to change in next update, so that it will be easier.

This mechanism doesn’t really seem odd to me. It makes sense.  That’s how shaders work too… you have to select the figure as well as surface, or in LAMH, the figure and the group to apply a preset.

68 of 100